It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:04 am 
Obduction Backer

STARTS IN 1 HOUR @ 19:00 KI Time !

"Significa", a Quiz night in the Guild of Greeters PUB (located in the Nexus City Links) is happening today, Friday, Feb 10, 2012 as part of the Anniversary events this week!

Created and sponsored by Jonathan Myer of the Guild of Greeters, this will be a fun event where explorers have the opportunity to challenge each other with their knowledge of URU.

When: Friday, Feb 10, 2012 at 19:00 KI Time (9:00 PM Eastern USA Time)
Where: The Guild of Greeters PUB - found via the Nexus City Links (you must have a Greeters shirt from Kirel to have access to this PUB).
What: Jonathan will break the visitors into teams with a Team Leader. Questions will be posed and the first Team Leader to "buzz" in has an opportunity to answer and build points.
Also: A balance of questions will have both TEXT and Image related topics to challenge your knowledge.
Winnings:
Winning team gets $1,000,000 !

OK, I am kidding about the million dollars, but it should be fun. Come and join us!

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:38 am 

Significa went incredibly well! We had a lot of issues with the imager and the pub itself, but people had fun and the questions were a good mix of challenge. Congratulations to all the players who participated! I had a blast hosting! Here is a pick for the photoalbum!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:34 am 

Sorry I was only able to stay a short while.

It was already after 9pm EST when I linked in. I literally stayed just long enough to grab a few screen caps, then ran off to grab some dinner before everything "closed up shop". I'll try to have better attendance for Significa! game during the "Winter Wonderland" events in July. :wink:

Now I just need to find someone to arrange for Delin to be snowing during that time....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:51 am 
Obduction Backer

Great fun in the Greeters PUB for the Significa quiz. Thanks to Jonathan Myer for running the thing and surviving the technical difficulties. Nev, I wasn't able to reply to your PMs as I didn't dare change my connection to the Imager at that time (lest I lose connection with it).

Thanks to everyone for being good sports and having fun!

Congrats to TEAM 1 for their win and getting $1,000,000 prize money.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:30 am 

Yeah, I didn't realize how bad the ki-issues are for some people. So far, I've been largely unaffected. (/Nevyn crosses his fingers) Let hope it stays that way! Thanks for helping out with the event, your hard work is appreciated, and your team deserves tremendous kudos all-around!!!

Post subject: DMR post-anniv. concerts
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:22 pm 

Shorah:

Here is the schedule of broadcasts as listed on the DMR hood imager for today 1/11/12 in KI time. All the broadcasts except mine are on www.ustream.tv/channel/live-in-the-dmr

1pm: Musica2 classic prog rock fm www.ustream.tv/channel/musica-in-the-dmr

2pm: Tribbiani

4pm: t/b/d

6pm: Christine and Mouski

10pm: Grizwalter

11pm: R'Tayrtahn

Enjoy, and remember to support Cyan, who made all the wonderful event this week possible

Musica

KI #01081759
Musica2
Ki #04978677

Obduction Backer
Guild of Messengers
D'ni Musicological Research hood
D'ni Museum of Art hood

"Little by little one travels far" - JRR Tolkien

Post subject: DMR post-anniv. concerts
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:22 pm 

Shorah:

Here is the schedule of broadcasts as listed on the DMR hood imager for today 1/11/12 in KI time. All the broadcasts except mine are on www.ustream.tv/channel/live-in-the-dmr

1pm: Musica2 classic prog rock fm www.ustream.tv/channel/musica-in-the-dmr

2pm: Tribbiani

4pm: t/b/d

6pm: Christine and Mouski

10pm: Grizwalter

11pm: R'Tayrtahn

Enjoy, and remember to support Cyan, who made all the wonderful event this week possible

Musica

KI #01081759
Musica2
Ki #04978677

Obduction Backer
Guild of Messengers
D'ni Musicological Research hood
D'ni Museum of Art hood

"Little by little one travels far" - JRR Tolkien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, Musica, et al, for the fun tunes so far this afternoon (for me). I had to attend to some RL things, so I enjoyed what I could listen to throughout the day on the surface.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Playlist information for tomorrow's encore performance of Music for Exploring Worlds is now up at http://tgtmarten.dyndns.org/Uru/PlaylistNotes.html . The pages for hours 2-4 aren't quite complete yet. I'll add more video links while the first portion of the program is running.

Sunday, February 12th - Music begins at 9:45 KI time (actually, 9:43 ;)) - http://rel.to/martenmusic to tune in during the 4h15m presentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:39 am 
Obduction Backer

OMG ... this is almost unbelievable ... What a service ... but this is our Marten,
that's him all over ... 8)

Thank you, Marten, and I look forward to being provided with this astounding
program and presentation by you and all the fun coming along with it ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
And, that concludes our week+ of festivities to celebrate the second anniversary of the cavern re-opening. We had fun, danced, visited with old friends, made new friends, remembered friends who've left us, learned about our history, learned a few new things, and raised the CAVCON meter back up to level 4. w00t! You guys rawk! :D

Thank you to everyone who organized, hosted, broadcasted, helped facilitate and/or publicized the events. And, thank you to everyone who attended the events because without your participation, it would have all been for nothing. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:20 am 

In Tai's footsteps, I also feel the need to thank the community for their overwhelming support through both donations and attendance at the various events. I wish to further extend professional thanks from GoMe, along with my personal "thank you", for the hosts of the various events. You all helped make this a week of rememberances and many new memories. I hope to meet you all in the cavern soon!

See you after the server update and sparkly fix tommorrow!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 pm 

Hi everyone, just wanted to say it was so fun to see many old friends at the closing ceremonies! I didn't even know the celebrations were going on, and just happened to drop in after a year and a half absence while everyone was hanging out. Ghaelen, Tai', Jane, janaba, ural, Christian, and so many other familiar faces - and a few new ones too (nice to see you Ainia)! Sorry I had to drop out so quickly, it would have been so great to catch up (oh the joys of a 5-month old baby lol). I'll try to drop in a little more regularly! After all, I still haven't finished my Journey... :)

(at least in this iteration of the game; I used to be able to do it in my sleep, given an hour or so... :lol: I think I've still got the knack of it almost 2 years later - even with my graphics problems, I still managed to walk both Kadish floors correctly even though I couldn't see them!)

Post subject: Back atcha Rils!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Rils,

It was fun to see you too at the Kirel closing ceremony; it's always nice to have a face to go with the name. I couldn't let the opportunity pass by, so you are now on my buddy list! :D

Maybe we'll run into each other again in Cavern. In the meanwhile, hang in there with the new kiddo--remember, it only gets more interesting from here!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6