It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nevermind
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:16 am 

I'm taking this down. The goal has been reached. So, yeah. Nevermind.

Last edited by Anora on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:46 pm 

Hey, my computer took a dive recently as well, can I get in on this charity too? :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Me three... :twisted:

Honestly, My uncle has my Dad's 'old' puter just sitting around in Dayton, OH. It has XP on it and cannot be upgraded anymore than it is. He is guessing it is over 10 years old. It's in a tower case... It has a brand new Western Digital Hard Drive and can be 'taken' for free... 2.5 Mhz AMD processor 2GB Ram 250 GB hard drive only XP and Moul(a) have been installed on it... He won't ship it, but if anyone wants to pick it up.. Come get it...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
mathiusdragoon wrote:
can I get in on this charity too?

What have you done for the community that makes you worthy of donations? Are you a notable D'ni historian and/or language instructor?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:39 am 

I don't know about all this "gome" funds.
Are we allowed to do that?
Seems a bit inappropriate. But, I may be wrong.

Post subject: Re: Nevermind
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:10 am 

GoMe and GoFundMe are two different things, just for the formal record.

Second, I did place a notation in our forums about the computer issues.*
And lastly, I didn't edit the post in our news feed to mention the computer issues at all in regards to the events he(?) hosts, we did however change the dates to reflect how soon things are hoping to be up and running.

(*Nev's Note: While GoMe is sympathetic to the personal troubles in regard to this issue, but such things are not part of our mandate. I merely copied and reposted the initial thread post from here into our forum, in case anyone interested happening to be browsing our site could see it and help out, if they are so inclined.)

Last edited by Nev'yn on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Poor Rehn has suffered with computer issues for as long as I've known him (about seven years), but he's never asked for help in all that time and I'm sure this discussion about whether or not it's appropriate now is embarrassing to him. I would venture to guess that he didn't make the decision lightly to set up the GoFundMe page and he was probably encouraged to do so by the people who enjoy attending his events. (Note that it was a friend and not him that made the post here.)

It speaks volumes about Rehn and what he's given to this community that the contributions continued even after the goal was met.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:47 am 

Well It was an odd imbroglio. He shouldn't feel sorry at all :wink:

I went maybe twice to his Tsano's Story Nights (I'm not even sure how to spell it right, there must be a H somewhere :lol: ). It was always interesting. I never saw that much explorers there though. It's really really late at night, 11 PM for people in Eastern Time Zone (do not throw me tomatoes, I don't get the GMT hours thingy...).

For most explorers, I think he is a complete stranger. So they might have think quickly...why him and why not me?

Tai made it quite clear, he is a d'ni Historian, he knows his stuff. He is a valuable asset to this community. Anyway, good to know he got all the funds he needed. I might pop up once again one late saturday evening :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Considering that history has been rewritten, this discussion should probably be closed...?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi hi, I think you're right, Adam, but besides that I believe that mathiusdragoon was just kidding as was Charura, and I thought it was very generous and nice of you, Charura, to offer your daddy's computer to help somebody out ... :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]