It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cavern Theater
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Everyone wanted to make a play of your favorite books or would like to seem them turned into movies or would like to discuss an idea for a fan age? Well here your chance.

This more of play like thing. So each person would be assigned a character to act out in game. You will need a narrator, couple of voice actors to do it? All books must meet PG family friendly rating and

We would meet in the Concert hall in the city.

Last edited by zeke3651 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi Zeke,

I'm looking for clarification. It sounds like you're first of all looking for scrips which will include speaking parts for a narrator and some character actors. It's not clear if you're looking to have scrips submitted or if they're going to be created as part of brain-storming groups. Then I'm assuming that when scripts are approved, characters will be chosen to act out the script in the Concert hall. The writer(s) of the script may or may not act in the script....

So I'm trying to understand the process that will be used to come up with the Writing and then act it out. The rules themselves that you've outlined make sense to me.

This sounds like it will be fun. Hope there is interest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Original ideas are welcome, as for books it would like the narrator narrating the book until a character speaks and the other person would speak those words but won't say he said or she said.For example

John was going to a store and saw this beautiful women. She approached him and asked (actor) "Where the Bathroom."
John stuttered and replied "in the back."

Narrator would be "John was going into a store and saw a beautiful women. She approached him and (asked would be taken out)
Actor Women: "Where the bathroom?"
Actor John "In the back."

I'm thinking of holding this on Friday nights around 18:00ki time 8:00pm Eastern and will go till about 10:00pm for other times check this site out http://guildofsleepers.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64.

What are thoughts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I have a lot of audio CDs that tell stories without narration. In other words, the "narration" is told through dialogue and sound effects.

In the above example:

SFX (sound effects): street sounds, sound of store door opening.

Woman: "Where's the bathroom?"
John: "Oh, it's er, uh, in the back."
Woman: "Thank you."

Another actor: "Yes, she is beautiful, isn't she, John?"
John: "Huh? Oh, yeah, heh, heh."

Or something to that effect.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm trying only use in game stuff so actors would act out there characters in game. If you can add special effects in game be my guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:18 am 
Obduction Backer

The Cavern Theater will start at 10:00pm Est or 20:00ki time on June 21. For those who speak a different language, We will need a translator. Also it be easier if we could send ideas here on the forum or pm each other here in the forums making it easier people to involved the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:45 am 

zeke3651 wrote:
The Cavern Theater will start at 10:00pm Est or 20:00ki time on June 21.

The following is merely my opinion and in no way should you let it bother you ... call it feedback.

I have to say, Zeke, I am disappointed. When you were doing the Cavern Tours, which is a great idea btw, you were asked about doing them at a Europe friendly time, and you make mention of the possibility.
Now, you plan to do a new project and still fail to accommodate the European players in your idea. It is all very well scheduling your project to fit your time zone or your personal availability, but if you want to involve other players, neglecting at least half the player base is not a good idea.

The AGM is scheduled at 13:00 KI time for a reason, it might be early for the North American continent, but it also allows the European, and possibly even the Australian and East Asia (ie Japan) players to attend.
Many events are also scheduled to accommodate as many players as possible, and at least attempt to allow American (and by default Canadians too) and European players to enjoy the event.

Yet even after feedback to yourself that European players wanted to be involved in the Cavern tours, you still did not learn from that when planning your next project and still scheduled a time suitable to the American continent, with no provision for any other geographical location.

It is your project, and it is your choice how you plan it, and I really do hope it is successful, but I am disappointed.
Alien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 am 
Obduction Backer

If of you have ideas or questions on about the Cavern Theater and how it works post them here on the forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:59 am 

@ Alien
Zeke does have a scheduling problem due to work hours. The time he mentions works best for him,but,he wants to include everyone. In-cavern we talked of this with him. If some of our European friends could help host some thing like this for European time zones, I am sure Zeke would like to hear from you. If I am correct he chose Friday so as not to conflict with the Saturday -Sunday events.

His Idea is to have a mix of theater venue,story,story acting, poetry,music,singers,comedy and anything else that might work. Please contact Zeke he is putting a good deal of effort into this cavern theater idea.

Thank you :)

KI 00142411

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:24 am 

@DaVinci Zeke and I have spoken to each other via PM on this forum and via chat in MOULa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

i gonna need your guys/gals help for this project that I want to do for the Cavern Theater. If any of you has the Myst reader or the other books of the Myst games that would be great. I have the Myst reader. Here what I need

1. reenactment of the Book of Atrus (people with Myst reader or book of Atrus to help me write a screenplay.)
2.Actors who will use voice chat and emotes to act out in the Cavern.
3. Narrator to read the narration
4. Extras to for this reenactment,

(no this is not for June 21 Cavern Theater.) I would like to have it ready by August sometime.

PM here on the forums in where you want to help. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

I going to push the Cavern Theater to September instead of june 21. Any one willing help in the book o Atrus reenactment is welcome. I need volunteers so that I can have it ready in sep. The June 21 was to soon and a lot of you are on summer vacation. I hope none of you are disappointed. I'm still welcome to ideas for this event.

Post subject: Re: Cavern Theater
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Due to work related issues I gonna change the Cavern Theater to Thursday Nights at 18:00ki time instead. I would like to have a European Theater on Fridays at 13:00ki time. If any Europeans are interested.

I still need volunteers to help me with the reenactment for the Book of Atrus. My goal is to do a premiere on Set. 5 at 18:00ki time.

Jot down any ideas you would like to do for the Cavern Theater here on the forum or pm me at Zeke3651. Remember one rule everything has to be in a PG format nothing above.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Now I will not be able to do the book atrus reenactment in September because of some laptop to issues. Now I need your guys/gals help if were going to pull it off. I'm looking for stand up comedies or you have a funny Joke (note you can do anything for the Cavern Theater and if you have suggestions email me at [email protected], pm here on the forums under Zeke3651 or write your idea here and I will review it. EVERYTHING MUST BE PG AND Nothing HIGHER PG-13 is out of the question.) Join the Cavern Theater at 17:30ki time on September 19. This is for those participating in the event. The actual event begins at 18:00ki time. For Europeans I need some one to do the event on Friday September 20 at 13:00ki time. (I will not host the European Event. So anyone in the European community willing to help is welcome,)

Hope to see you soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Due to some issues on the surface I going to have to push it back until some these issues are resolved. That does not mean I don't want to do this event its just temporary for now. Remember You have to make this happen as well as me.