It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Me and Max have been talking about have the Eastern Community tours but as of right now we have zero interest and I have done by best to promote it so the Eastern Community, European tour will be shut down due to lack of interest and the regular tours will remain and be the only tours from now on. I will not be taking any more request for it as well. :cry: :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:50 am 

Does this mean tours will be done at a more US friendly time?

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Have there actually BEEN any tours at a Europe-friendly time? I don't remember any. I'd like to have attended; did I miss it/them? I seem to remember a search for someone to lead a European tour but I don't remember anything after that. The discussion at the AGM yesterday seemed to say there was no interest in having European tours but maybe the issue was rather that there was still no-one available to run them.

Alternatively, as someone said at the AGM - I think it was you, Jamie - if they were held at 13.00 Ki then that would work better for Europe - but they've always been much later than that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:49 am 

@Acorn1 and others... I did not want to be too negative about this subject at AGM last night...

The simple facts: We did announce prior Open Hood Day that Guided Tours were on European
Time Schedule was to be discussed. And we did have that topic on the agenda April 24th. And
it must had been clear to all of the attendants. Info was available... After that...

I did not receive a single request about how, where or when it will happen!
I did not get a single volunteer come up to me and say: I could do that...
I did not get a single note or PM about: I could help out, if some others will do too...

This might sound now very negative, and it is. But I've you been arranging events a while. I see
some "signs" if there is an interest for something or not! I've been doing things in MOUla for
some years now... I think I know when something is wasted effort. People too persistent trying
to make things happen there's no interest for gets totally disillusioned, and very very tired. And
in some cases they just chose to leave the community.

So thus I wanted to make that thing clear yesterday... I drop that subject and try to work on
some other projects instead.

This subject is free for anybody to pick up and try to make something of it. I just won't.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for clarifying, Max and Zeke! We understand your position.

It may be that people were hoping someone would volunteer to run the European tours. Never having been on one, and, as a result, not feeling confident in my ability to lead one, I know I was sitting tight hoping someone would come forward. Maybe the same thing goes/went for other potential participants/leaders.

The gulf may be just too great for us Europeans to leap :( - from zero to leader, I mean.

But, say there were a video of one uploaded (IS there a video anywhere?), we might then be in a position to understand whether it's something we could do for ourselves.

So MIGHT someone video the next US-time tour and upload it to youtube? Or post a link, if this has been done before?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

actually Acorn that not a bad idea, it first I rejected the idea of making movies of the tours if people were gonna upload them you tube and not come on the tours but I when I get them started again I thinking of maybe doing a trailer as of right I don't think I can do much I may open it later but right I gonna keep it shut down. :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have might have announcement in September but I can't really say what it is, but for those who have been on the Cavern Tours I would like you to vote for you most favorite age that you liked the most or want learn from the most from. Just let you let you know this poll will close in 10 days and I will have two more polls after that, that will last 10 days so be sure to vote.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

I did a miscalculations on the polls so the first poll will be up till August 13 and on the 14-24 will be the second poll and the third poll will be August 25- September 3. So be sure to vote plus changed the question to I originally I wanted to be.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:42 am 
Obduction Backer

I have made a new hood called the Cavern Events hood. basically the hood is designed for those wanting more out of the game. So for example one person wants to make an event of some kind we could test out to see how it would work and weather people would have fun or not, second is we could play heek, or door runs or even Jalak games or just chatting.
Basically I want this hood to be interactive hood so that were not doing the same thing all the time so come join in one day. I will be sure to make it and have a little surprise for you as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

due to a few miscalculations this will be the second poll for the next 10 days so don't forget to vote it is VERY important to an event in the future sorry no more from me right now. I will have a third one on set up right after this so if you were having trouble before I think I fixed the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

The last poll is up for the next 10 days so don't forget to vote.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Zeke and I have been discussing the possibility of a tour series set in a friendlier time for the western hemisphere. It wouldn't be a true European tour because the language would be English-only. It would run in addition to the regular tour guided by r'Tayrtahn, not replace it. The general idea is to have an alternative for the people who can't hang on until the hour that r'Tay is available. It'd be a trade-off between going on tours at a more convenient hour (those led by me) and going on tours led by a better, more experienced guide (those led by r'Tay).

There are sticking points, though.

First, we'd need a gray-hat who can step up to the plate and do some very creative things with the game using the Fun House, Hood of Illusions, or Magic Hood (depending on which one the gray-hat might have access to). Stone can do what I need, but he works nights and can't really be available for two tour series at the same time, last I heard.

Second, I really need to practice with a small test group who have an idea of what they would like to hear in a tour. I tried to set up a session with a buddy last Saturday, but that didn't work out because she seems to have had something come up and never contacted me. I need to work on my patter and figure out what topics I should be giving lectures on. I don't want to directly imitate r'Tay's tours, although a lot of duplication will be unavoidable. Instead, I want to try to come up with something just different enough for it not to be boring if you go on both tours.

Lastly, we haven't yet agreed on a good day and hour for it if it does work out. I'm kind of leaning toward Saturday mornings (US time), but mine is only one vote out of at least three. Zeke and whoever we may get as a gray-hat also have votes based on their own schedules. We were tentatively thinking of beginning next month, but it's still up in the air and might not happen with the glacial development we have right now.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Last edited by larryf58 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for thinking of the Europeans, Larryf58 and Zeke - much appreciated! :mrgreen:

I'm no greyhat, so I can't help there, but I'd be happy to take part in a practice tour if you need volunteer audience members and if I can make the time you select.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 am 

That's really nice to hear! After cancelling the possibility for an European tour it's so nice to know that it still will be possible for 'us' europeans. Unfortunately, I don't know how to help, I don't wear hats ;) , perhaps like Acorn I can help with try-outs?

Hopefully till soon!

Wave Bye,
Lisa-maria

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am tentatively planning on logging in between 08:00 or 09:00 KI time this coming Saturday, September 27th. That'd be about 1500 - 1600 in the UK (3:00 - 4:00 PM). We'll see if anyone else shows up.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next