It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Larry, it is pretty easy to set up shoutcast and an internet radio - type station. I've used Listen2myradio for that in the past, to host music + voice for dance parties. As I've always wanted to mix music in I've used Mixxx on my machine to play the music and add in the voice, but I expect there are simpler ways if all you want to do is route a mic to the channel.

I can supply a few more details if you like :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Absolutely, AlanD. I'm sorting through radio servers now, but am having a hard time of it. Most of them seem to be dedicated to music programs, and one promising server that looked very good turned out to not have an provision for more than one person on the channel. I was just about resigned to looking for a suitable program for hours.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

OK :)

http://www.listen2myradio.com/

I have a free account which gives me a Shoutcast channel, which I've named alandj.listen2myradio.com - it's that simple.
That gives you the broadcast mechanism, the server and url that listeners can connect to.

It is ad-supported so you will need to remind your audience to use Adblock Plus to supress the ads.

As I said, I use Mixxx to connect my microphone to the shoutcast server.

http://www.mixxx.org/

It's free, which is an added advantage.

I've had a quick look but have not yet identified anything simpler, that would let you broadcast just your voice. You don't need the ability to mix in a music stream for that, so it should be easier.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have used Caster.fm for free Shoutcast streaming and it worked pretty well (also with Mixxx on my end, for music and voice). The advantage compared to listen2myradio is that you don’t need to dig through the HTML code to find the stream URL. The disadvantage is that there is no global stream URL, every listener who wants to use their own media player (iTunes, Winamp etc.) rather than the one embedded on your web page needs to visit the web page to generate their own URL (so they see the ads that support the service). There might also have been a quality advantage, I don’t remember.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Bear in mind, I'm wanting a system where other people can join in the broadcast in case r'Tay, Zeke and Stone decide to adopt it.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Don't Forget we will be having the Cavern Tours this Tuesday night. Meet in Ae'gura at the top of the great stairs in front of the stalagmite on Tuesday night at 21:00ki time and tours begin at 22:00ki time and last about 2 to 3 hours but very interesting.
If you ever been interesting in learning of the history of the ages we explore then come find out Tuesday history that goes beyond the books. (it is not meant to help you solve puzzles) hope to see you all there. Its only for a seasonal time so come if you can.

as for other times check this site http://www.guildofsleepers.org/a-guide-to-ki-time.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think mine is easier to read, zeke, but I may be biased. :D

KI Time Zone Chart

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:39 pm 

Little nitpicking: for Europeans such spreadsheets are distracting. For example Tuesday 21:00 / 22:00 KI time implies Wednesday 05:00am / 06:00am in Germany. Most Sheets doesn't bear days in mind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hmm. I should be able to do something about that, since my chart is color coded. A darker shade of the color can be used to indicate a difference in day.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Do not forget tonight are Cavern Tour. If you ever wanted to learn the histoy of the ages that go beyond the books the come and have good time. This not meant to help you slove puzzles but learn the history of the ages we explore.
Meet Zeke365 at the top of the Great Stairs in Ae'gura in front of the stalgmite thing at 21:00ki time and the tour will start at 22:00ki time. Our historian is R'tay, secondary history Larry LeDeay, our tec Stone (maybe a few surprise tonight) and me your host Zeke365. At certain parts of the age you will be can ask questions about the history of that age. Plus it is mostly voice chatted so bring some earphones to listen with and you could either ask by having a mic your question or ki txt it either way be fun time. Hope to see you tonight.

As for European Tours please look back a few pages and you will see what happened there, Larry does have a tour on Saturday though it not a replacement to the Eastern Tours, and totally different from the Cavern Tours.

for other times check this site out or the one Larry posted above http://www.guildofsleepers.org/a-guide-to-ki-time.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

listen everybody I will not be here for the next 2 weeks going on Vacation and Larry Ledeay has agreed to help host the Cavern Tours while I'm gone.
Remember the Cavern Tours will be this Tuesday night, meet in Ae'gura at the top of the great stairs in front of the Stalagmite thing at 21:00ki time so we can get a head count, then we will move to a different location for the tours between 21:45-22:00ki time so be there before then. Tours will begin at 22:00ki time.
The Tours is about learning the history of the ages we explore, it is NOT meant to help you solve puzzles but to learn history that goes beyond the books, and a few surprises as well. You have to come to find out what those are. Tours are most voice chat so bring earphones and a mic you have and at certain parts of the age you will be given to ask questions about that part of age or the age in general. Either by using your mic or ki txt the question either way you will have a very good time.

for other times check this site http://www.guildofsleepers.org/a-guide-to-ki-time.html or another post above which Larry posted that shoes ki times.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

A little reminder and maybe a delightful one ... :mrgreen:

This weekend all of Europe is switching back from DST to 'Standard Time', means we're all 1 hour closer to the cavern (KI time) as the US is going back to Standard Time next Sunday, November 2, so, more Europeans might be willing/capable of joining the Cavern Tour on Tuesday ... Enjoy ... :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

we've just had the second of Larry's Europe-friendly tours, janaba - I recommend them! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:07 am 

:D Looking forward until the next tour. Ps - thanks Stone for linking me back after I fell off a cliff, twice! Lol

Mystic Twistty Ki 1096781

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:32 am 
Obduction Backer

This looks like a good time to post this announcement, then.

Although Zeke will be gone for the next two weeks, the tours will continue to be held on schedule. The next tour group will meet beginning on Tuesday night at 2100 KI time at the top of the Great Stairs on Ae'gura. The tour will begin at 2200 KI time, or as close to it as we can manage given that Stone and r'Tayrtahn work nights.

The early meeting time is because Stone has to log in and open the Hood of Illusions before we transfer there. By meeting before that, the group is together and ready to go when the neighborhood becomes available.

The tours will continue every Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning if it's past midnight where you live) until we run out of Ages to cover. The current schedule calls for 11 more weeks in this season's series.

The informal Saturday morning tours I'm conducting will also continue as a regular event for the season. Since there isn't a tech for them (at least, not yet), they cannot be as detailed or inclusive as the regular tours. Ages like the Cleft, Great Zero, and Bahro caves may not be covered unless I can figure out a way to make them accessible for a group. The Saturday tours begin at 0900 KI time, and will cover the same Ages as the Tuesday night tours, although I'm a week behind them.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next