It is currently Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

There will be a tour tonight at 22:00 KI time. If you'd like to attend, we will begin gathering at 21:00 KI time at the top of the Great Stairs. See you there!

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

The third in my series of practice tours will be held tomorrow, Saturday, at 0900 KI time.

I'm following the same itinerary as the Tuesday tours, with a two week delay. In other words, the tour I'll be running tomorrow is the one we did on Tuesday two weeks ago. However, the lectures are a bit different, so it's not a straight copy.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Time again for the weekly reminder about the Tuesday Night tour.

We meet at the top of the Great Stairs on Ae'gura beginning around 21:00 KI time, which is late Tuesday night in the USA and Canada, disgustingly early on Wednesday morning in Europe, and midday in Australia and New Zealand. The tour begins as close to 22:00 as can be managed.

Please be sure to arrive early. We want the group gathered by tour time, so that we can transfer to the Hood of Illusions together when it is opened.

We've had good turnouts for the previous tours this season, and everyone is having fun. Last week, we took people down to the bottom of Descent, and if everything goes well, there's a chance we may be doing something just as unusual this time.

Hope to see you all there!

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tonight at 22:00 KI time, we will be holding the next tour. We will begin meeting at the top of the Great Stairs on Ae'gura around 21:00 KI time. You are encouraged to show up early, since we need everyone to be together for the transfer to the Hood of Illusions.

After Stone logs in and opens the Hood of Illusions, we will transfer there. The tour will begin when r'Tayrtahn arrives.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is a reminder that I'll be hosting a Saturday morning Cavern Tour tomorrow at 09:00 KI time.

Thanks to Mirphak, we are able to use Mir-o-Bot to link as a group. If you do not have Mir-o-Bot in your Buddies list, its KI number is 32319.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

great news, Larry; thanks, Mirphak! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

thanks, Larry, Mirphak and Mir-o-Bot, for today's great tour! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

By accident I think I wound up on one of these tours! I just happened to see a lot of people in one hood and went to see if there was a group doing the garden ages (I needed to get mine done). Wow, what an experience, especially the black lights. I do have pictures which I will put on dropbox and share the link.

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

We'll be happy to see them, painter1953.

Remember, everyone, that tonight is the Tuesday night tour. We meet at the top of the Great Stairs beginning at 21:00 KI time, so that we can transfer to the Hood of Illusions when it's opened.

zeke365 is back, so your regularly scheduled host will be online. ^_^

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

painter1953 wrote:
By accident I think I wound up on one of these tours! I just happened to see a lot of people in one hood and went to see if there was a group doing the garden ages (I needed to get mine done). Wow, what an experience, especially the black lights. I do have pictures which I will put on dropbox and share the link.

Here is the dropbox link for anyone interested. I am Lumiana in the cavern. These are all shots taken with my camera off the screen since the KI camera doesn't work in the caves as I understand it. I did find two pictures from the cavern on my KI photos on the computer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/thtjlyhy2z4q ... 7Sz9a?dl=0

There are several pictures from my Relto. In the last place we were (I can't rightly explain it, maybe someone else more knowledgeable can), I stepped off the "edge" and panic linked back to my Relto. When I got there you can see that some of the attributes from the Cleft, like the fence, and missing parts. When I logged out and came back in, everything was normal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

painter1953 wrote:
(I can't rightly explain it, maybe someone else more knowledgeable can)
I wasn't there but I can infer that Mirphak used mostly same method I did.
We wanted to explore the lake below the Bahro Cave but there is nothing solid to stand on down there. So I hacked in the desert from the cleft and turned off most of what you can see. Leaving an invisible floor to walk on. I then moved all the objects from the lake up a few thousand feet to sit on top of this invisible desert. Giving us the illusion of being able to walking on the water. The problem with this type of hack is that the invisible desert that was brought in can not be removed. So you will have the invisible desert following you around to all of the ages until you log out of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

You were there, Stone. She's talking about last Tuesday's tour. I haven't done that one with Mirphak yet.

Lumiana, Stone laid Rudenna on top of the Cleft desert to give us a surface to run around on. As he mentioned, when you hack two game models on together like that, the one you are bringing in becomes persistent, and often follows you around until you quit the game.

In game slang, that effect is called a "hangover". It's short for "fun house hangover", since it was first experienced when people used to throw hacking parties in the Fun House neighborhood, one of the two hoods where Cyan permits that sort of thing.

Hangovers are harmless in the long run, although they can cause your game to crash if you go to too many places without resetting. It's just a one-time crash, and it doesn't hurt your installation. Quitting the game always fixes hangovers.

The other hood where Cyan allows hacking is the Hood of Illusions, and that's why we use that hood for the tours.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

I back from vacation and we will have our next Cavern Tours tonight. Please meet in Ae'gura at the top of the great stairs at 21:00ki time tours begin at 22:00ki time for other times check this site out http://www.guildofsleepers.org/a-guide-to-ki-time.html.

hope to see you there

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 pm 

Great photos painter1953. I remember Stone mentioning that he was busy dropping pellets.....constantly, Lol :shock: . I really enjoy the tours and would like to thank larryf58, r'Tayrtahn, zeke3651, and the magic hacking of Stone, for the informative knowledge and fun that they provide.

P.s.

Hangovers are harmless in the long run, although they can cause your game to crash if you go to too many places without resetting. It's just a one-time crash, and it doesn't hurt your installation. Quitting the game always fixes hangovers.

I really like exploring around after the tours, with the "hangovers" as you never know what to expect. :D

P.s.s.

Just a suggestion, maybe specifically for Stone. Maybe the items in the ages, places, etc. could be turned off, as I received a "sparkle ?" and the Myst relto book by accident during one tour.

Mystic Twistty Ki 1096781

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeparoo, I do remember Stone being there - dropping the pellets I do believe! Ro"Jethhe, Twisty and Larry LeDeay as well. Some other DRC folks.

Glad you liked the photos!

Thanks for that explanation. The effects were rather entertaining and I really loved the tour. I learned a heck of a lot of about Yeesha that previously hadn't known. I also loved the black light effect, made me think of the 60's :wink:

Hopefully I'll make it tonight - just got home from work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next