It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Join us as we celebrate the holidays in style on all of the open source uru shards... Just like in the "good old days" of Until Uru! We'll hop to one of the three major OS shards each week of the season. Get your avatars ready (and put your Santa hats on) for the Christmas Party Hop. Watch this thread for updates from your favorite shard administrators and guilds. A little birdie told me that we might even have a visit from the ever elusive large man from the north :)

Details for The Open Cave:
Mystler wrote:
We are very happy to announce TOC's party of the Open Source Christmas Party Hop! On December 14th (13:00 KI, 20:00 UTC, 21:00 CET) we are going to celebrate the first week of the Hop. Where are we going to celebrate? Well, there is only one possible location. We are going to party in THE age which makes The Open Cave so different and special: The City of Dimensions (CoD)! We have the whole city for the event (so don't forget to turn on "/autoshout"), but I think the dance floor on top of the City (take the Elevator beyond the great plaza, one floor up) is a great meeting place. Remember that you can always link to the CoD by running "/cod".

The Christmas Party Hop is also a great chance for every shard to show its specialties. So let's use that opportunity to show new players what we have got. On TOC, we might also not have a visit from "the ever elusive large man from the north" but from some other characters that you probably have not seen in quite a while. :)
For those of you who want some more fun when linking, we enabled an old admin-only command that now everyone can use. "/linkanim 1" will give you a new Link-In animation which you can turn off using "/linkanim 0".

On that note, a special thanks to everyone who has been supporting our little shard which is existing for over three years now. You guys are great and TOC wouldn't work without you!
Also thanks to everyone who is taking part in the organization of the Hop, esp. Hoikas for Gehn Shard and the Guild of Messengers for MOULa.
Last but not least, thanks to everyone who is making URU Open Source so great: Developers, Testers, Players... Yeah, I'm practically talking about EVERYONE.

And now, parteh time! :D

Edit History:
- 11/29/13: Replaced promo image with final version
- 12/07/13: Quoted details for TOC

Last edited by AdamJohnso on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Excellence.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 am 
Obduction Backer

This bears the GoMe Stamp of Approval! :D

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll try to write up a news post to spread the word.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:36 am 
Obduction Backer

yay! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:56 am 

Great idea Adam.
I am sure we will have fun.
Time to dust off our hat enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:41 pm 

I've never done one of these "hops" but it sounds fun. Now I need to fix me TOC login....

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is awesome ... ohh, what fun this will be ... great idea, Adam and all contributing to this ... :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor wrote:
This bears the GoMe Stamp of Approval! :D

It bears more than the stamp of approval (I hope), seeing as how I'm trying to trick you guys into running the show on MOULa :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:21 pm 

AdamJohnso wrote:
It bears more than the stamp of approval (I hope), seeing as how I'm trying to trick you guys into running the show on MOULa :twisted:

Well, mission accomplished! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:53 pm 

I want to go Christmas hopping.
This sounds like it might be fun, but...

1. GEHN SHARD
I checked my Gehn installation. I haven't used it in a long time.
My login worked fine, the update seemed to go well, then when the shard was loading, I got this error:

Troubleshooting shows that the loader is first DELETING the file that exists in my Gehn folder,
then delivered the error message.
I restored the file from a backup, tried agin, and same thing. Does anybody else have this problem?

2. OPEN CAVE SHARD(S?)
I checked out the-open-cave. I don't have that shard(s?) installed, so I thought I'd try it.
Yikes!
Which one are we using for the Christmas Hop? "MOUL" or "TPOts"?
What's the difference?

3. MINKATA
Minkata works great. Always does.

Please advise. Thanks.
Cheers,
~R

Image r'Ricard KI#1479684
" MUSTARD??!!! Don't let's be silly!! "
Learn URU Modding at www.IndyURU.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

1. You need to copy over your latest MO:ULa data files (your dat and sfx folders). This needs to happen everytime MO:ULa updates (as is the case with all shards).

2. The "The Open Cave" version you're looking for is the MOUL version.

3. Minkata is not part of the party, though. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor wrote:

Sorry to ask a dumb question - I have a TOC account but I installed it a while ago and I don't know which version it is: how can I tell whether I have the correct one? Don't want to miss the party!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Acorn1 wrote:
Lyrositor wrote:

Sorry to ask a dumb question - I have a TOC account but I installed it a while ago and I don't know which version it is: how can I tell whether I have the correct one? Don't want to miss the party!

Acorn, it's the 2.14 External Release, but after all those updates on MOULa you anyway have to copy your dat and sfx folders from your MOULa client into your TOC MOUL directory as on all other shards, also the TOC shard had several updates (the latest on Nov. 28th) and adjustments to the new MOULa files as required, so if you haven't been on there for a long time get your latest MOULa dat and sfx files and copy them into your TOC MOUL installation directory ... Enjoy, and see you for the christmassy fun ... :D
-------------
A new TOC MOUL Patch, if needed, to download and for being extracted into the TOC MOUL folder can be downloaded here ... :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

janaba1 wrote:
Acorn, it's the 2.14 External Release, but after all those updates on MOULa you anyway have to copy your dat and sfx folders from your MOULa client into your TOC MOUL directory as on all other shards, also the TOC shard had several updates (the latest on Nov. 28th) and adjustments to the new MOULa files as required, so if you haven't been on there for a long time get your latest MOULa dat and sfx files and copy them into your TOC MOUL installation directory ... Enjoy, and see you for the christmassy fun ... :D

Thanks, janaba, I must have had the other version. But I've got this one working fine thanks to your instructions :D and lots of advice from Abjab once I got online :wink: - though I didn't see the Christmas hat in my wardrobe....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:45 am 

If you have nearly the same launcher (they only changed the banner from MOULa to TOC) as you have in MOULa you have the correct version. Otherwise it's the tPotS version.

Christopher