It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

[Reposting after the forum post disappeared.]

Shorah all!

As I announced this month at the AGM, I would like to host a group meeting to find out who may be interested in providing time, skill, and energy into the Minkata test shard operations, as well as the OpenUru foundry as well.

I would like to host this as a recorded in-game meeting so we have at least some sense of physical presence and body language during the discussion. I also would like to host it on the Minkata shard itself, to give people who have never registered or visited the chance to see it in operation, as a shadow of MOULa.

Right now, I don't want to put out a specific set of qualifications for people to have in order to help. I'd rather let the participants describe what they could offer first. I'll be there to provide some feedback on how offered skills may fit into the current workflow on the Minkata shard. We can have a more specific discussion about tasks and workflow in the future. I'm sure there are lots of robust opinions about that topic.

I think to start with, I'd like to hold the gathering sometime next week. The first constraint I can see is time of day. Minkata and I are located in the US/Mountain time zone (same as KI time). My schedule is very flexible, so an early afternoon or even late morning time to accommodate European community members works for me. But many of the community members are likely in the US, and have employment time constraints. So, please give some feedback if you have either requirements for yourself, or knowledge of interested parties schedules, or experience in setting up meetings like this in the past. I would like to allocate an hour for this first gathering.

I am tentatively proposing Saturday Sept 28th at 2pm MDT/KI time for the meeting. Please post feedback on the OpenUru forum post here.

See you soon, I hope!
_R

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's Official! Community gathering for people interested in helping with Minkata is Saturday, September 28th at 2PM MDT/KI Time!

While you good folks set your alarm clocks, I'll be working to make sure Minkata is in good shape for then. The meeting will be held on the Minkata shard.

If you want to participate and don't have an account on Minkata, you can sign up here.

This meeting is primarily to focus on who can offer time and abilities. I am not making any preconditions about what skills you must have in order to contribute. Just because all you might have done in the past is help with testing, that does not mean you may not be able to help with logistics, or be able to follow cookbook type instructions. Please come if you can help.

I'll keep looking for and posting updates on this forum topic.

I hope we have a good turnout, and look forward to seeing each of you there!
_R

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Reminder: Community gathering soliciting volunteer help with the OpenUru Minkata shard today 2pm US/Mountain (KI) time on the Minkata shard in Aeā€™gura by the tent. http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=1029

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

All I have to say is "Yay"

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422