It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:57 pm 

Our last party, hosted by JayRho, was a huge success, as usual. This was Jay's first opportunity to host a Dance, and he knocked it out of the park! So now it's on......I have to, I must, come up with a playlist that is just as good if not better on October 23rd. Don't get all "Oh Pat, it's not about competition.....blah blah. Yes it is!!!!

But it's also about providing you all with the music you like the most. Both of us can do that!!!! So YOU win! I'm gonna check with you all about where to have the next Dance, and post it back here next weekend. The Dance will be on Friday, October 23rd at 1600 KI time.......somewhere! Stay tuned!

https://api.adbecrsl.com/v1.0/spaces/fa ... e4a67bedf8

This pic shows Jay on the left, the two Bros., my good friend joker and rocketman, and then the ever present spatialkay. I just had to get a good shot of "rocketjock"!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:17 pm 

Our next Friday Night Dance Party will be this coming Friday, Oct 23rd in K'veer! The dance will start at 1600 KI time. To get to K'veer, go to your Nexus and it will be there. If it is not, it means you haven't made it that far in the game, and you will have to use Mir-o-Bot. Select the bot (KI #27527) and then type "to kveer". It will take you there. Hope you can make it!

-p

https://www.adoberevel.com/shares/fa91b ... 97df8951de

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:56 am 

On Friday, November 6th, we will be having our Dance Party on the Takotah Rooftop!! It will start at 1600 KI time, with pre-dance festivities beginning at 1500 KI time.

To get to the Dance, select Magic-Bot (KI #27527) to make him a buddy, click on it, and type in "to dakotah" (without the quotes).

This will be our third visit to the Rooftop this year. Hope you can make it!

Patricio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:55 pm 

This Friday Night, our Dance Party will be at our "home" location....Kirel. It will start at 1600 KI time. My broadcast info is.......http://meetingplacemusic.caster.fm OR www.urutunes.com
Bring your dancing shoes! It'll be a great time! There will be the usual pre dance music starting an hour before hand, 1500 KI time in the plaza. Hope you can make it!

Thanks.
-p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:47 pm 

Last Friday Nights Dance Party was just great. We had about a dozen people and everyone had a great time. Thank you all for coming out! However, that is not what this post will be about.

I have run out of gas here.......

I'm sorry, but this thing has happened to me over my life. With Deirdre's passing, it just took so much out of me. My time here clearly can be divided into with Deirdre, and without. It probably wasn't just her (it never is just one thing) but it sure looks that way to me.

However, I can't "blame" Deirdre or be a victim in any way. It is time for me to move on.....however.....the End is yet to be written. I do love you all.....I always will. cya:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:13 am 

Patricio wrote:
Last Friday Nights Dance Party was just great. We had about a dozen people and everyone had a great time. Thank you all for coming out! However, that is not what this post will be about.

I'm sorry, but this thing has happened to me over my life. With Deirdre's passing, it just took so much out of me. My time here clearly can be divided into with Deirdre, and without. It probably wasn't just her (it never is just one thing) but it sure looks that way to me.

However, I can't "blame" Deirdre or be a victim in any way. It is time for me to move on.....however.....the End is yet to be written. I do love you all.....I always will. cya:)

Pat we all understand. Things can become overwhelming at times and we all need a break. Thank you so much for the joy and fun you brought to the cavern! There will always be dancing (with or without music)! It means so much to everyone that you dedicated your time to the cavern with your fantastic dance parties. Thank you so much and we all respect your decision! Love you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:40 pm 

So sorry to hear this Pat, but losing a dear friend can really "knock the wind out of you." Thanks for all you have done in hosting the dance parties. I have really enjoyed them. You take care of yourself. Luv ya, G'mi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:34 pm 

Patricio wrote:
It is time for me to move on.....however.....the End is yet to be written. I do love you all.....I always will. cya:)

Thank you for the effort you put in much events. ImageWe'll miss you, kind P. You know how to find us. Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:42 pm 

Hello everyone, First I would like to tell you all that the dance parties will go on. There may be a short lapse until I can organize some things, maybe make a small minor change and then get the dances started up again. I do want to say that all notices will stay in this thread and as far as I am concerned this is still Patricio's dance party. He started this and I wish to continue it in his name. It is not my dance party but it is Pat's. I am only taking care of it should he ever decide to return. Stay tuned for updates .

Sincerely JayRho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:03 pm 

Patricio wrote:
/ ... / It is time for me to move on.....however.....the End is yet to be written. I do love you all.....I always will. cya:)

Dear Pat... this is a feeling we get from time to time and it can be good to take a break.

I was about to leave too, when we happen to meet in MOULa, and I yet again felt the spark,
that there could still be things fun to try out. And decided to stay. I appreciated our musical
sessions together [alas too few] and all your efforts to keep this place Alive and Buzzing!!!

You started up something that will go on [Start Me Up - Stones] just arranged now by others.
So a Big Thank You for all of that!!! And I always appreciated our chats.

I hope you all the best in future, where ever that takes you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Pat, my dear friend.
I am saddened by this news, you will be missed, you are already missed.
Having said that, I understand your feelings and support you 100%.
Your presence and efforts in the cavern have not gone unnoticed and we are all thankful for the many hours of music, fun, laughter and friendship you gave us.
Your dance parties started a wonderful tradition in the cavern and I agree with Jay, Friday night dance parties in the cavern will always be Patricio's.
I hope the end is never written, but I do hope your journey leads you back to the cavern and Friday night dance parties some day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:40 pm 

As far as I have been able to determine, even though there are several dance events every Friday in Second Life there are currently no dance parties scheduled in second life that are organized by our MOULA players that frequent second life so I will be able to pick any Friday for our dance party. Due to time constraints and real life I will hold off the next dance party until December 18th. After that we should be back to a regular schedule of every other Friday. Stay tuned for more details as to the time the dance parties will be starting as this will most likely be changing slightly. Also I am looking at the possibility of changing the home location for the dance parties and at this time am entertaining any and all of your suggestions as to possible locations. If enough people respond with suggestions then we can have a new home location (or the same one-Kirel) or have enough to have some new places we haven't considered. Thanks to all in advance for your help and participation..........Addition.....I have just found out that there is a SL dance every Friday night so I will go ahead as planned since it doesn't matter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Pat, sorry to hear that you need to take a break, and I hope that you will be able to relax and enjoy the cavern again. It can be very intense, having folks expecting you to entertain them (even when you have volunteered to do so and have announced the fact to all), but once it becomes a burden and not fun any more, that's the time to stop and take stock, so I think you've made the right decision, especially given the tragic events that happened so recently.

As part of Radio Free D'ni, I have to say that I find it much easier being part of a team, as it allows us to share any stress and reduces the preparation workload on all of us. I can recommend it, and urge you to look for a collaborator or two to share the load. Or to reduce the frequency of events - I would find it difficult to create more than roughly one-a-month of our shows, and I know Ed and Mal feel the same.

Come back when you feel it will be fun again. Until then, we'll still be here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:31 am 

Patricio wrote:

you were one of the nicest "buds" I have had in game...hope you will not completely stay away. I arrived in Cavern after Deidre's passing...sigh. Wish I could have met her

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:03 pm 

The Next Friday Dance Party will be held on December 18th at 1600 KI Time with pre-dance music starting at 1500. The dance will take place in The Guild of Messengers Delin. Music will be provided by JayRho and can be listened to by going to urutunes.com and clicking on Scenes From A Relto. Hope to see you there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next