It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:30 pm 

On Saturday, July 4th, we will be having a Dance Party! It will be all day and into the night! Now the important part.....where? It will be in Magic Bot or Mir-O-Bot City. I know they are different, but we have to play with the "hand" we are dealt. I will ask Jan to arrange with Michel whatever he can. Since it is a holiday, I'm not sure anyone will be around to fix things if something goes wrong.

Here is a picture of maggie696 going nuts on a recent "trial party":

There will be free pizza, hot dogs, beer, iced tea, whatever we can get from the Bar in the plaza!

Post your suggestions for music....John Phillip Sousa? I can do that! Oh, and if ANYONE wants to broadcast, please come and share!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Independence? Whatever next, votes for women? What is the world coming to..

I will see if I can get permission to do a session, a couple of hours or so, in the Euro-time-zones, if that will help? I can do dance music, provided you don't mind if a lot of it comes from the last century... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:21 am 

Of course Alan! Last century is my thing too! I've set the time to start at 1300 KI time. You should be the first to broadcast. I, or another broadcaster can provide a pre party, or you can. Your choice. Thanks for being a part of this day!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:58 pm 

Planning for the 4th of July Party is beginning to take shape! Aki and I are working on the details of who will broadcast when (gotta ask Watashi to play), and things like a Parade! Oh, and fireworks, of course! My plan is to have a good old fashioned parade from the Library down to the docks, with a Fireworks Show there! Be sure to check back here for further details.

Since this will occur in Magic Bot City, there will be many fun things to do, no matter what is going on!

I think the only thing left for me to do is publish when these things will occur!

Stay tuned.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:08 pm 

Er, um...Sooner, rather than later is better...For one, I can then distribute a KI-mail for the event, post it on the Imagers, and approve the item in the GoMe workflow...TBH, we're just waiting on the final details of the event before publishing it.

For an example:
http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/cal ... ary-events

(/salute)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:33 pm 

@Patrico: Event post is now up on the GoMe site.

http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/cal ... travaganza

(/salute)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:59 pm 

Wow! Thank you so much Nev'yn!! Very professional work! The text is also very well done. You do very good work. (ok pat, that's enough. give the poor guy some room....)

Nevertheless....thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:15 pm 

Eh, most of the work was done by Doobes and the rest of GoMe team...
...Everyone knows I just deliver the mail and archive documents. :wink:

Speaking of, I posted the Ki-mail in both the GoMe pub/hood. I'll send you copies ya' want them.
I'll also try to do a few Crier runs sometime during the week, once for each major timezone.

Hope it helps!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:54 am 

Thanks Nev'yn. Yes I would like copies. That way I can KI mail people during the week about the event, unless you will be doing that in a general KI mail!!

Thank you again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:54 pm 

Tomorrow is the Big Day!! 4th of July Celebration! Wheels are beginning to turn, puzzles are being identified and then solved. Volunteers are taking their places, rehearsals are being performed, KI mails are being sent! In addition to the events being planned, there will be one small contest between the DJ's presenting music: "Who will play the best music during the Fireworks Display". The DJ's are AlanDJ, Patricio, and Watashi. Those three will play music from 1300KI time until 1900KI time. It doesn't matter if you can't stay for the whole show. You can just vote at anytime by sending Patricio a PM at any time:)

If anyone reads this and PM's me, I'll post it right here on Sunday. Yes, this is really just a test to see if anyone reads what I post!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

here some 4 of July photos I took

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:59 am 

I just want to thank the many people who participated in this great event. It was my idea to do this, but after that, I just played my music when it was my turn, and helped with the "in the moment" process. I barely know whom to thank!! Rather than do it right now, I will do some research (Jan) and get the names of all who volunteered to make this event so special. I will then do a formal thank you at the AGM this coming Saturday. To some of you this is old hat. To me, it is brand new. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

It was a pleasure, Pat, and a lot of fun - great to see so many people at the event, and Yoda's fireworks were an inspired addition. Don't forget to let us know who won the fireworks - music competition :)

Here's my playlist for the event

Code:
Pre-show

01   Walk Like An Egyptian    Bangles             Different Light    1987
02   Giant For A Day          Gentle Giant        Giant For A Day!    1978
03   I Hear You Knocking      Dave Edmunds        Rockpile [Bonus Tracks]    1972
04   Groovin' With Mr. Bloe   Mr. Bloe            Single    1970
05   Sweet Home Chicago       The Blues Brothers  The Blues Brothers    1980
06   Tiger Feet               Mud                 Single    1973

The Show

01   Let's Dance              Chris Rea              Dancing With Strangers    1987
02   Get Up And Boogie        Silver Convention      Get Up And Boogie    1976
03   I Love To Boogie         T.Rex                  Dandy in the Underworld    1977
04   Boogie Wonderland        Earth Wind And Fire    I Am    1979
05   Walking on Sunshine      Katrina & The Waves    Walking on Sunshine    1983
06   The Jean Genie           David Bowie            Aladdin Sane    1973
07   Resurrection Shuffle     Ashton, Gardner & Dyke Single    1971
08   Can't Get Enough         Bad Company            Bad Company    1974
09   Billie Jean              Michael Jackson        Thriller    1982
10   Big Time                 Peter Gabriel          So    1987
11   Venus                    Shocking Blue          Single    1970
12   My Sharona               The Knack              Get The Knack    1979
13   Nutbush City Limits      Ike & Tina Turner      Nutbush City Limits    1973
14   Boogie Nights            Heatwave               Too Hot To Handle    1977
15   Le Freak                 Chic                   C'est Chic    1979
16   Superstition             Stevie Wonder          Talking Book    1972
17   Standing in the Road     Blackfoot Sue          Single    1972
18   Money for Nothing        Dire Straits           Brothers In Arms    1985
19   Immigrant Song           Led Zeppelin           Remasters    1990
20   Dancing in the City      Marshall Hain          Single    1978
21   You Sexy Thing           Hot Chocolate          Single    1975
22   Brass In Pocket          Pretenders             Single    1979
23   The Ability To Swing     Thomas Dolby           Aliens Ate My Buick    1988
24   Dancin' in the Moonlight Thin Lizzy             Bad Reputation    1977
25   Dancing                  Decameron              Tomorrow's Pantomime    1976
28   Roxanne                  The Police             Outlandos d'Amour    1978
30   Ghostbusters             Ray Parker Jr.         Single    1984
31   Rockin' All Over the World    Status Quo        Rockin' All Over the World    1977
32   Let´s Work Together      Canned Heat            Future Blues    1970

Fireworks music - Marches               

01   Semper Fidelis             U.S.Marines Band     John Philip Sousa   
02   The Aviator                                     James M. Fulton   
03   The Circumnavigators Club  Central Band of the  Royal Air Force   
                                                     John Philip Sousa   
04   The Melody Shop            U.S.N.A Band         Karl King   
05   The Purple Carnival                             Harry Alford   
06   The Thin Red Line          The Regimental Band of the 16th/5th The Queens Royal Lancers   
                                                     Kenneth Alford   

All of the march tunes are also chapter titles from the middle book of John Varley'a Gaea series, Wizard. Varley used march tune titles for all of the chapters in that book, fitting very well into the story, which is worth your time to read if you are anything of an SF fan. Synopsis: the first manned probe to Saturn discovers a strange satellite, which captures them and they discover it is both a living being and a habitat, a spinning torus enclosing an airfilled environment with a whole ecology inside. The adventures they have in there, finally making contact with the consciousness of the Titan (capricious, unpredictable and not entirely sane), Earths subsequent relations with the being, and the unexpected final fate of the being make for a great read.

Great to see lots of people dancing too - and I even got to dance a bit myself :) Thanks to Aki and SpatialKay who gave me a turn on the dance floor and to all the others who chatted and to everyone who turned up :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:22 am 

As to the little bit of fun Alan and I had with the music competition, he told me I won! However, after careful consideration, I feel the only true winner (besides those who attended) was Yoda with the fireworks! It just made the whole evening one to remember!! Like I said before, I will be thanking them all at the AGM this coming Saturday!!