It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: CavCon Awareness Event
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:27 am 

Ok! Another Party!! Here are the preliminary details: We will be holding a CAVCON awareness event in the cavern to help bring a very important issue into the forefront of explorers minds. Yes this great game of ours is "free"...but is it really? For some time now CYAN has been renting server space and providing access to MOULA for all who wish to participate. This does not come without a price! The CAVCON (Cavern Condition) is set up to allow the explorers to donate to this cause so as to defray the cost of server space that allows CYAN to keep this game alive. If for any reason CYAN should find themselves short on funds in any given month due to lack of donations they would have to pay the money out of their own pockets. If this were to continually happen how long would CYAN be willing or able to keep the Cavern open??? It is up to us explorers to ensure this "free" game continues and advances in the form of user created content (which is being worked on by many of our fellow explorers) simply upon their own tireless efforts, and without any hope or desire of monetary compensation. It is our sincere desire that this event will raise the awareness and encourage more explorers to "step up" and donate on either a one-time or monthly basis. We are all in this together so let's keep this family community going!!!! More details will follow in the coming weeks and months! We are thinking of August or September. PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS HERE! Thank you very much.

KI #02487810

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:13 pm 

I am so sorry for not adding anything in here. But now I have news! Magic is coming to the CAVCON Party! I just got confirmation today (Friday, Sept 18). So now I think we have all the commitments from all the participants lined up. We just to find the right order......how hard can it be? 8)

I'll be updating much more often from now on. Stay tuned...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:32 pm 

The CAVCON Awareness Party is moving along nicely. The event is scheduled for October 10th, 2015 with music, and dance featuring the tunes of AlanDJ, and Patricio. There will also be a Magic Show and two very special guests that will be announced at the upcoming AGM (All Guilds Meeting) on October 3rd.

More information, and a full schedule including all necessary information for the broadcasts will be coming within a week! Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:40 pm 

Here is the pm I got from RAWA last week. This is the same pm I posted during the AGM:

I intend to make it, but I may have to have my wife do the typing. And she types even more slowly than I do.

I am supposed to avoid all electronics (computer, iPad, iPod, etc.) during recovery, as the monitor blinking can my brain to have seizures while it is trying to heal. At the moment, I just type with my eyes closed and only look at the monitor for a few seconds at a time. Please forgive any spelling errors, since I'm not spending as much time editing and re-editing as I normally do.

Hope all is well,

RAWA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Draft schedule, as promised in AGM

As that is a picture, here are those url's again

http://meetingplacemusic.caster.fm
urutunes.com
http://aegura.harriman4.com/8000.php
http://aegura.harriman4.com:8000/stream.mp3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:09 pm 

As of this post (Tuesday, Oct. 6th 2015) it appears that everything is ready for our Event this Saturday! The Bot(s) (Michel) will be ready, Lu Magic will be ready for her Magic Show. Music playlists have been created (AlanDJ). RAWA and his wife, Angela will have the questions you folks have submitted by tomorrow at 1400KI time. I'll probably do one more final post here before the event. One more note: OMG!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:19 am 
Obduction Backer

A (not so small) request :D

For those of us who will not be able to attend (I will be away all day on a hike), will someone be filming the event? I very much regret missing the opportunity to see RAWA v2.0] in the "flesh" (so to speak) but am hoping that some generous soul will preserve the day for posterity. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:21 am 
Obduction Backer

we need cameras in the city !

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:22 am 
Obduction Backer

I might be able to, if everything works on my end ok. But we should definitely have multiple people filming, in case something goes wrong for one filmer.

tumblr: kaththedragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:15 am 
Obduction Backer

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thank you Kath!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:05 am 

Here's what I've got for the GoMe news posting:

10:50 - City Plaza: Preshow Event Music
11:00 - City Plaza: Opening Ceremonies
12:00 - City Plaza: Dance Music w/Possible Special Guest
13:00 - City Plaza: CavernTours
14:00 - Kirel: Quiz Show & UruTunes
15:00 - Kirel: RAWA Special Appearance
15:30 - MagicWorlds: Light Show Spectacular
16:00 - Dance-a-thon w/Radio Free D'ni Team

Anything I need to add? Also where is the Dance-a-thon going to be held...How about the Library Courtyard?

There is a tent and plenty of space there! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Patricio wrote:
The event is scheduled for Leevot 21st, 9671 at 3:10:18:00

Fixed :mrgreen:

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

NOTE - all your times are KI times... :)

From 1100, the opening ceremonies will not take an hour, there will be dance music from the off
We still hope for a special guest at 12, but have had no confirmation yet

Dance-a-thon - Library courtyard will make a nice change. If it looks like we are going to max out the city, we can relocate to Kirel.
Currently it's only me, but other RFD contributions may come along...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:55 pm 

I have personally thanked LuMagic/Yoda, Janeerah, Alan, Maggie, Kaaja, Zeke and Michel. Now I want to thank the rest of you for showing up and ultimately making a financial contribution to CYAN as best you can. Yes most of us came to see RAWA, but you came early and stayed late!

It hasn't been 24 hrs. since we started the event yesterday, so I haven't gotten the feedback I need for the next time, but from what I've heard so far, we did well. That is encouraging. What it shows me is that Maggie and I can organize a party with the rest of those that came before us. It also shows how invaluable the advice from those that have done this before can be!

So what you as gamers get out of this is two more people who are ready to assist in whatever is required of us to have a PARTY! :lol:

Thanks again for yesterday.......you guys are the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

To everyone who organized this event- it was outstanding! I didn't get to attend much of it but I listened to music when I could and popped in for a while. MOULa is absolutely worth another donation!

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299