It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Explorers :)

After much ado, I have been coming back to the Cavern (when possible) and thought it would be nice to do a couple celebration gatherings on behalf of the Guild of Healers. Time to open up the hood, dust off the imager and have a healing dance celebration for the change of the seasons!

September 21/22 is the equinox, when the day/night are in balance and (on the surface) the transition begins to another season. In the north the autumn equinox means harvesting, cooler days, leaves falling, and preparations for cold (and even snow!) In the south the spring equinox means getting ready for planting, the snow (if any) is melting, and days will become warmer.

In the cavern, I like to think that the lake level would have risen and fallen with the rotation of the moon, and that 'something' would have changed with the seasons as well. Maybe the air that flowed in through air shafts smelled slightly different, or may the spring rains sent pollen down to make a few D'ni sneeze.

Either way, it seems a celebration is in order.

Monday, September 21, 2015
13:00-15:00 KI time
Guild of Healers Hood

Music and voice on Shoutcast (website) http://healingradio.caster.fm/

"Because one ending is just another beginning"

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Since my regular shoutcast station has a low listener limit, I followed the MeetingPlace's lead and set up a station on caster. I'm going to beta test my configuration on Saturday (tomorrow) for anyone interested in listening. It's from 11:00-7:00 KI time.

It's a website, not a streaming url (as you know) http://healingradio.caster.fm/

Please let me know if it has a lot of problems. I'm trying out something specific on my two computers. :)

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:14 pm 

Doobes also put a news post...just an fyi.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, Nev'yn and Doobes!

I always forget to tell you folks - shame on me. :oops: I will try to do better next time - like for the Healoween celebration on October 31.....

FYI, the beta test webpage is up and the music is playing. I'm moving through the ages and playing music that seems to suit each. Right now we're in the Cleft - we'll likely return there later today :) Next age - Teledahn, then Gira/Kemo, then Kadish.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi, Ghaelen, the music plays perfectly fine on that website as well as in my 'Screamer Radio' ... :D

I just tried the VLC and Quicktime media players and WMP, and they work very well too, I don't have Winamp installed (Winamp's .pls stream is used and needed for the Screamer Radio btw) ... :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I'm getting a bit of static from Caster, but IIRC, I've had that with other broadcasts there, so it's probably on my end. Listening to the Shoutcast station through my SL parcel right now and it's coming through crystal clear.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the feedback on the station. I was doing something else with voice in a meeting, so that may also have caused the static. So.... for those of you listening from 13:00 KI time to 19:00 KI time, if the static isn't present, that will tell me a lot!

I have the caster station because my direct stream listener limit is low. I am actually relaying my own station up to the caster page. Working pretty well so far. It is too bad it requires a web browser but for Cavern events it seems to have been ok to use since we can't stream directly into the age.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
ghaelen wrote:
I was doing something else with voice in a meeting, so that may also have caused the static. So.... for those of you listening from 13:00 KI time to 19:00 KI time, if the static isn't present, that will tell me a lot!
No, it hasn't changed for me, but it's probably on my end. I'm sure others who have been listening to Caster stations for other events won't have any issues with it and I can keep using Shoutcast.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Still exquisite crystal clear high quality stereo sound ... :P

Great music, Ghaelen, the perfect pieces for such a testing round ... One can clearly hear all nuances, instruments, ambient nature sounds, birds, winds, ocean waves washing ashore etc. perfectly well ... I've been listening, and still am for a short while, to the website player and my media player, with and without headphones, and I was lucky enough to get to hear your lovely voice, so I can say that this is coming through clear and beautiful as well ... :)

So, for now, I'd say that is it as for my experiences ... Have a great weekend and see you most probably on Monday ... :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you everyone again for your help :) We made it through the core ages, and into the city.

I think this is a go. All my listeners have gone, so I will end the test.

See you all Monday!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Music is up (for Delin) and the celebration begins in about 30 minutes.

http://healingradio.caster.fm/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm listening (through my music player, not the website) ... will be there in about 30 minutes ... /wave ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi, everyone, as promised, here's the link to a Youtube for 'I wish you peace' by the Eagles as recommended by TOOO ... Enjoy ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks everyone for coming. We celebrated a day or two early, but it was a fun time anyway :)

Thanks to Janeerah for shouting out to everyone in the Cavern. We had a nice crowd!

Stay tuned for the Healoween festival on October 31. Time TBA. Shorah!

Thanks for the link Janaba :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you, Ghaelen and everyone who joined us for this wonderful celebration ... :P

We had a great time together with exquisite, uplifting as well as contemplative and healing music, and of course Ghaelen's wonderful moderation through all of this ... Just the right thing to have in these turbulent times, to come together with friends in that way and to be reminded that there's always and still so much to be happy about and appreciative of ... Thanks again, everyone, and have a great time until we meet again ... :D