It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:26 am 

.Shorah b’shemtee

As you know, Zeke365 has returned to the Surface to continue his journey there.

During his explorations in the Cavern, Zeke founded two hoods: Cavern Events’ Hood and Developer’s Hood.

Zeke asked me to join alternate avatars to each hood in case the community would like to keep one or both hoods active now that he has returned to the Surface.

Cavern Events’ Hood is public and currently has 18 members, not all of whom are currently active in the community.

Developer’s Hood is public and currently has only two members besides Zeke’s “Developer” avatar and my “Dev Susa’n” avatar.

When a public hood has very few active members, the hood tends to fall off Public Links in the Nexus, making the hood inaccessible to visitors even when it’s marked as public.

I'm posting here to announce I’m available to assist existing or new members who would like to keep one or both hoods active. My alternate avatars can join new members.

My primary avatar is Susa’n and her KI number is 1040105. CE Susa’n’s KI number is 6787009. Dev Susan’s KI number is 6796776.

See you in the Cavern!

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Susa'n (emphasis mine) wrote:
When a public hood has very few active members, the hood tends to fall off Public Links in the Nexus, making the hood inaccessible to visitors even when it’s marked as public.

Note that this is no longer strictly true, as of the last update: active members are not required to keep a hood on the Nexus list, only active visitors, since it will automatically bump to the top of the list whenever anybody links to it.

(Susa'n knows that, but others might not.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:55 am 

Christian Walther wrote:
Susa'n (emphasis mine) wrote:

Note that this is no longer strictly true, as of the last update: active members are not required to keep a hood on the Nexus list, only active visitors, since it will automatically bump to the top of the list whenever anybody links to it.

(Susa'n knows that, but others might not.)

It's been awhile, but doesn't setting the hood to private then public again bump it up the list as well?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Doobes2 wrote:
It's been awhile, but doesn't setting the hood to private then public again bump it up the list as well?
Yes, I think that still works.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:48 pm 

It does...I did this for the GoMe hood a few weeks ago, at an explorer's request.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Doobes2 wrote:

Yes, although there’s probably little reason to do that when you can achieve the same thing just by linking there. (That’s in fact exactly what the auto-bump feature does internally, since we can’t change the server.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 pm 

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. I agree each hood will be automatically bumped up in Public Links each time it's visited by a member or a non-member. (Thank you, Christian, for the auto-bump feature!) In addition, any hood member can bump the hood by making it Private then Public in the Nexus.

Susa'n wrote:
I'm posting here to announce I’m available to assist existing or new members who would like to keep one or both hoods active. My alternate avatars can join new members.
It appears I need to clarify what I mean by keeping one or both hoods "active." I should have said "I'm available to assist existing or new members who would like to continue the public purpose for each hood." Zeke365 kept the Cavern Events' Hood bumped up and maintained the messages on the left imager so the hood would serve a public purpose by informing the community about current cavern events. Now that he has returned to the Surface, I've agreed to help him continue that purpose by encouraging existing or new members to take over Zeke's duties. I do not plan to take on those duties because my primary avvie is too busy promoting Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood.

In addition, since I don't have any interest in developing new ages, I don't plan to maintain Developer's Hood. My temporary alternate avvie merely exists to join new members to the hood to keep it going, if that's what age creators want; otherwise, the hood will lapse.

If Korovev permits, I will speak at tomorrow's AGM and I will make myself available after the AGM to join new members to one or both hoods.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:35 am 

I'm delighted to report that a new member joined Developer's Hood today! /cheer His name is Obelisk and his KI # is 6735056. I will keep my Dev Susa'n avvie for awhile to help Obelisk to join additional members. It would be great to see this hood thrive; I think many explorers are interested in Age creation and could use a place to meet with like-minded explorers. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'll reiterate the position I communicated from zeke when he originally asked for me to participate in this... We already have a Guild of Writers neighborhood in MOUL and separate forums for this purpose. I'm uncertain why those are unacceptable and we have to duplicate resources?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:49 pm 

AdamJohnso wrote:
I'll reiterate the position I communicated from zeke when he originally asked for me to participate in this... We already have a Guild of Writers neighborhood in MOUL and separate forums for this purpose. I'm uncertain why those are unacceptable and we have to duplicate resources?
Thank you very much for your input, Adam. I was unaware of your previous discussions with Zeke.

The Guild of Writers' homepage is here https://www.guildofwriters.org/ and the Guild of Writers' forums are here https://forum.guildofwriters.org/. Please supplement this information as you feel necessary, Adam.

May anyone who's interested in Age creation join Guild of Writers' Hood in MOULa? Whom would s/he contact to join GoW Hood?

In short, I think this thread provides a good opportunity for you to promote new membership in GoW. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

I can join anyone to the GoW neighborhood in MOULa, KI #67362 :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 pm 

Thank you, Adam! I shall disseminate your information. :D

Perhaps you'd like to add a Welcome message to GoW Hood's left imager to provide instructions for joining, as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:26 am 

I've deleted my CE Susa'n and Dev Susa'n avatars. Best wishes to Cavern Events' Hood and Developer's Hood!