It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorahtee and nice to meet you! I apologize for the intrusion in this forum... I am an Italian explorer who usually follows Japanese games, from Final Fantasy to ICO to Gyakuten Saiban - games that, as such, have a fandom that is mostly centered in Japan. I love fanart and cosplay, so I learned how to browse through sites, unions and Pixiv (long live Pixiv! :D) even though I do not speak your language. After seeing many beautiful fanarts for Assassin's Creed, I tried searching for Japanese Myst fanworks... and came up with nothing. Well, ok, with this, but it kind of defeats the point :lol:
So my question is... any pointers? Are there fanworks of any kind you would recommend? Webrings? Anything?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting you in the Cavern! I'm delighted to see people from all around the world down there! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorahtee Laughingpineapple !
Oh, Anna! Atrus ...and Flame! your drawing is very nice !!

Quote:
any pointers? Are there fanworks of any kind you would recommend? Webrings? Anything?

I couldn't find these Myst fan works and fanfic, either. In Japan, Myst series are less famous. :?
I'm sorry I can't help you.

I saw your photograph in GO! Magazine #1.
where did you take that submarine's photo?

I'm looking forward to meet you, too. :wink:

確かにミストのファンアートとかってあまり見かけないような…
描いてる方もいらっしゃるんでしょうがウェブリングやコミュニティに発展するほどの数に達していない、のかな?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:38 pm 

Shorah e piacere laughingpineapple!

Sorry but I don't know of and couldn't find those fanworks either.→now I found some (added links at the end of this post).
It is true that Myst series are much less famous than Final Fantasy series or Gyakuten saiban...but I think this scarcity in fanworks (illustrations) is mainly due to the lack of youthful characters...
In Japan, as you can see in Pixiv, main subjects of illustrations are tend to be young, handsome characters.
And we unfortunately don't have Japanese translations for the Book of Ti'ana and the Book of D'ni, which should interest Japanese who like drawing or painting. Even the Book of Atrus, the only book among the Myst Reader which have been translated into Japanese is long been out of print.

By the way, I think this youtube movie(Myst in Minecraft) was posted by a Japanese fan, guessing from the name.

情報お持ちの方がいらっしゃるといいですね。
そういえばmixiの「MYSTのような写真」シリーズが結構好きです。ファンアートの一種といえなくもない・・・でしょうか。

:idea: [edited(17-Feb)]
Think I found some ! see here and here.

KI#03976132

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:00 pm 

(;=_=) 日本語でゴメンナサイ
日本ではMYSTシリーズは少数派ゲームな気がしています。実際のところ、友人に聞いて回ってもMYST自体を知らないのです;;なので、イラストを描くかたの人数も(割合として考えると)少ないのかもしれませんね。

アトラスが抱えていたのは石でしょうか。 絵本の挿絵のように、やさしい絵柄で、すてきでしたね~~。

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you, you've been most kind :D ...ah well, I tried. It is a pity that the games are not better known you your country as well as mine, but I am really glad to see that at least a small community exists and it's here in the Cavern to represent!^^ And hopefully some gifted illustrator will discover the series sooner or later!

Quote:
Oh, Anna! Atrus ...and Flame! your drawing is very nice !!

It's not mine, an American artist drew it!
You can find a bit more of her work here and here! The story behind the storyboard is actually very interesting.

Quote:
I saw your photograph in GO! Magazine #1.
where did you take that submarine's photo?

It comes from the Finnish fortress island of Suomenlinna, right in front of Helsinki! Six islands connected by bridges and full of ancient buildings, hmmmm... :lol:

Quote:
In Japan, as you can see in Pixiv, main subjects of illustrations are tend to be young, handsome characters.

Yeah, that sort of happens in the West too, but possibly to a lesser extent. I should just be glad than my other older-than-25 favourite characters (most notably Auron from FFX) are well represented! XD
Thanks a lot for the links! Minecraft is universal, heh... impressive project!

Quote:
日本ではMYSTシリーズは少数派ゲームな気がしています。実際のところ、友人に聞いて回ってもMYST自体を知らないのです;;なので、イラストを描くかたの人数も(割合として考えると)少ないのかもしれませんね。

Yes, it's hard with such a little fanbase, but... sometimes it happens!

Thanks again, everyone! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:17 am 

Thank you,laughingpineapple

(@^▽^@) 私の日本語で書かれたメッセージを読んでくれて、どうもありがとうございました。
      Thank you for reading my message written in Japanese.