It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:45 pm 

Hey everyone!

We've been trying to get as much information about the random crashes that happen in the game and we need your help in narrowing it down. Could you guy post on the beta discussion thread the (exact) number of crashes your getting and a brief explanation of how it happened and where you were at the time. Please reserve this thread to discussing the CTD's please. To help you along, the posts should go like this

Number of crashes Dated 12-8 :
Hours played:
Last thing I was doing before the crash:

As you go through you can edit your own thread to include more information please. This allows easier sorting of the problem for us instead of going through 18 posts from one person saying they crashed again. Example below

Number of crashes dated 12-8: 8
number of crashes dated 12-9: 9
Hours played 12-8 : 4
hours played 12-9 : 1
Last thing I was doing before a crash:
1. at the linking screen from the city to Relto
2. in the neighborhood with 10 other people dancing about and doing emotes
3. etc
4. etc

Just to help you along with this test I am going to state that we believe one of our major bugs is related to physics. Which is about everything in the game. Some things the Physics engine covers are

1. keeping avatars above the floor
2. Tracking distances between objects
3. interactions with objects / puzzles / people
4. Collisions
5. objects interactions with each other, like cones moving along the ground or hitting a wall. Baskets etc

There are a number of other things the Physics engine processes but the short list can give you some hints of how to narrow it down.

Thanks everyone

Lbell

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]