It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:06 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:15 pm 

Well, the thing I'd most like to see appear through these hoods is fan-created ages and fan-created content.

We've seen that - inclusion of fan content - described as a major MO:ULa goal for a while.

And now we have a place inside MO:ULa where we can maybe experiment with that sort of thing... which is exciting!

As for other minor changes during the update which adds these two hoods, I'm in favor of throwing in the sparkly fix and maybe raising the lake light level a bit during the same update... neither seems like it'd be all that difficult to implement but both would be significant to the players.

Also, an appearance by Rand that day, in one of the new hoods, would be awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Getting a bit ahead of yourself, there, aren't you? :)

The hoods I think are just normal hoods which some will be able to manipulate. But I'm all for a sparklie fix and fixing the Bevin naming in the Nexus :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:04 am 
Obduction Backer

This is all fun stuff to hear. Perhaps this will bring in some people who haven't been on in a while since something is happening, and then they can come to the guild fair ;)

Can't wait to see this in action :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:48 pm 

Hello all,

yesterday or today very early i don't quite remember :lol: they opened up the Fun House for about 2 hours to public in Cavern.

I had a big migraine and I was telling everyone in public city about that and all of the sudden, Kaelis Ebonlai came to public city and said some magic words :

Freely quotation of what I remember he said :lol:
Quote:
Come to the Fun House, it is opened and it is accessible by the Nexus link you will find under Public Links section.

You should have see me at that very moment :lol: I forgot about my migraine and turn around on myself jump down the staircases, I was at the top of Tokotah Alley staircases and hit the Nexus book there after telling everyone to come over and that I was sorry for "this odd behaviour" I suddenly adopt.

The Fun House was there open to public :

:D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :P :P :P

If you never had a little girl and you never took your little girl to a candy store or a toy store, you won't understand what many saw during the 2 hours I was there. Running around touching everything I made a double marathon there.

How to describe The Fun House? Indescrible :lol:

There are more Eddies than a crowed hood (pay attention at the word used here... hood, don't ever pronounced the other term in front of me, you will become instant enemy :lol: ).

We were greet by an holo Yeesha.

We saw darkshape in water and Bahro boats too.

The Arch is somewhere around too :wink: magnificient view. I saw it only when we were what like 250 feet high up in the air :D :D :shock: :shock:

The Arch view somewhere between sky and ground :lol: on my way down, some got luckier :lol: they went take a bath in the hood surronding waters :D

And then... we saw the nicest thing of them all in my personal opinion : the Bahro. (with offline-ki you have to link to the hood of Seret and use command line /call bahro shouter to see him or her). What a nice looking creature with big blue eyes and very shy, curious too, anyway a bright one, the D'ni should have been nicer to them.

Under the hat, it is me :D

That is not me on the picture, it is Tanee in far better company than ever before that same night :lol: :lol: :wink:

I must have seen other marvels I just forgot :lol: my migraine resurrect when the hood closed down so memory lost resurrect too.

We were waiting for the grand finale but we went black :lol: . This was an excellent experience and the hood is well named, this Fun House is really a fun one.

Now guess what? :wink: :lol: You will have to wait... hahahaha should have been online around 00:00 Ki time to see this hood.

Last edited by Annabelle on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

You've got a / after the picture urls. Get rid of that and they should appear.

AgeExplorer, Doobes, and I were all invited into the Fun House sometime between midnight and 1 AM EST and we had a really fun time watching as the hood was prepared for the preview. My laptop's battery was at its end and I was getting tired so I decided to head off before the fun really began.

It's so great to hear about how people are already having fun with this and I really hope to see it continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
EDIT : GRR Who's the funny guy here? Why we can't see my picts?

You have to use the URLs they give you. ImageShack kinda sucks that way. Try imgur.com in the future. :)

But thanks for the pictures and story!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:04 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Warning: Your first image URL (prior the correction) caused an AVG infection alert, the image is blocked, and the browser is redirected to an IP. That's defintely not a good sign, but there could be a reasonable explanation. Until there is, I suggest avoiding the image URLs that were given (edit: now since corrected).

The corrected post with embedded images works fine.

Last edited by JWPlatt on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I copied and pasted the first image url, before the correction - and got no virus warning - I believe it was perfectly safe, I assume you just mispasted or only copied a partial url. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:20 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Nope. OHB suggested the same thing in a post before you, but deleted his post. I copy/pasted it perfectly. When I do it again now from the address bar cache - no warning. Not sure what that means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'll be in later in the day. I haven't been in the cavern in a long time.

Can someone give me a refresher on how to change my hood to this one? Even though I've been in the cavern, on an off, since 2003, I've never changed my neighborhood. Nope, never did it. (Aside: you should see me playing Guild Wars and WoW; I go around saying to myself "how does this work again?)

This is exciting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:57 pm 

mszv wrote:
I'll be in later in the day. I haven't been in the cavern in a long time.

Can someone give me a refresher on how to change my hood to this one? Even though I've been in the cavern, on an off, since 2003, I've never changed my neighborhood. Nope, never did it. (Aside: you should see me playing Guild Wars and WoW; I go around saying to myself "how does this work again?)

This is exciting!

The solution:
http://eblong.com/zarf/uru/newfaq.html#neighborhood-change-home

I do not know (not clear in my mind) (do they carry a relto book ???) if the Bahro who did appear at the Fun House were members of "the hood". Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Arctic_Wagon, and hi!

What I pain -- I can see why I never did it.

Still haven't gotten back into the cavern. Hope to be in today. Hooray!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

amarez, they aren't excepting non-haxx0r membersas saidin anothe forums. I feel your pain, but he did have good reasons. :(
Oh, and arctic_wagon, that is the creepiest smilie i've ever seen. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm 

Here's the post that Pokemon was referring to.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

In fact, the same things happen there as in the UU shards a few years ago. Of course, for new players all those magic is new.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next