It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 3:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just wanted to thank you for allowing us to attend the preview, as it was rather fun. Be looking forward to what Dr. Haxman can cook up next. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Fun House is opening for another preview after the All Guilds Meeting! That should be pretty soon!

UPDATE: Now Open!!!

UPDATE AGAIN: It's now closed. Thanks to everyone who came! We will take what we've learned and get the Fun House open 24/7 soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:44 am 
Obduction Backer

OHB et al, Well Done !! :shock: :D :lol:

I was lucky enough to catch OHB setting up the Fun House Bevin name, as it first appeared on my Nexus terminal (there were severel edits... :wink: ), alerted the Cavern, and I think I saw just about everyone online get into First Preview !

It would be nice to know who all we should Thank:- in addition to CyanWorlds, RAWA and OHB :) I think I learned that Doobes, Adam {Hoikas}, Lohnatahv (?) were key instrumental ? And also Kaelis Bonrai ?, who posted the KI Pics (Many Thanks !). It would also be nice to know who all did what... :?:

What cought my attention was the apparent stability of everything...until the Grand Finale, which didn't... :cry: But no success is complete without a Crash of some kind..(Ask any Skydiver :? ). We have to come back and experience that again, sometime I hope.

If anyone wants the Fun House First Preview KI Pics which Abjab8 (KI# 9765550) has, give him a shout online.

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:17 am 

Awesome preview event. Very well-done. And the presentation at the All-Guilds Meeting was great too, I think. OHB and the Gray Hats were very helpful and forthcoming with information. I was especially impressed by OHB's ability to stay cool even when a few people began to behave rudely to each other--I know from experience that when you are the one in the spotlight, it is very easy to lose your head in situations like that. And of course, the stuff that they did in the Fun House was a lot of fun.

For those who didn't get to be there--we had Bahro, we had hundreds of Eddieballs bouncing around, the hood grew foggy and changed color several times, explorers were tossed up in the air, we found ourselves flying or forced to dance several times, the Kerath Arch appeared very close to the Bevin telescope, a fish swam around in the water, a hologram of Yeesha appeared, the Ayoheek table hologram grew to twice its size and appeared in place of the fountain centerpiece, which sank down low to accommodate it, and--this was my favorite--the old DRC laptop from Prologue appeared, got very big (dwarfing the explorers), and then began changing shape and size erratically. At the end of it all, everyone in the hood was force-Linked to a Gray Hat instance of Myst, where we watched the Rime pedestal rise in the center of the room, and then watched as the door, floor, and ceiling all disappeared one by one before we were dropped back into our Relto's.

All in all it was a crazy evening and a lot of fun. Thanks Hats!

MOULa KI#237576

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:41 am 
Obduction Backer

aww, i guess i missed the floor disappearing. Still my favorite part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:01 am 
Obduction Backer

the rime pedistal...? do you mean...

[spoiler]the portion of the floor that rises up to display the rime book in realMyst? how'd they manage that? has it always been there or did somebody just extrude a portion of the floor? was the space for the book actualy visible inside it?[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Abjab wrote:
It would be nice to know who all we should Thank

I'll get the list posted in the "Everything You Need to Know" sticky shortly. :)

Main_Avvie wrote:
the rime pedistal...? do you mean...

the portion of the floor that rises up to display the rime book in realMyst? how'd they manage that? has it always been there or did somebody just extrude a portion of the floor? was the space for the book actualy visible inside it?

Given the nature of this sub-forum, I think we can declare it a spoiler zone. But yes, it was /that/ thing. There was no book, however. The library model is the same from RealMyst IIRC. There's a few hidden things there which were just never removed. It was a copy & paste job. Well, a bit more complicated than that I'm sure but you get the idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:52 am 
Obduction Backer

yeah, i get *that* much... of course realMyst was used as a test product for the plasma engine; copy and paste saves time

i suppose that means nothing was ever intended for that in Myst Online, though i'd imagine the possibility would always exist

nifty stuff to know!!

and in regards to your comment on spoilers... my philosophy is better to be safe than sorry; can this forum section be "officially" considered spoiler free or otherwise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wish I could have been there! That sounds exciting.

So, with the Grey Hat instance of Myst, is it then possible to open the door and wander out of the library? That'd be suh-weet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Malfhok wrote:
Wish I could have been there! That sounds exciting.

So, with the Grey Hat instance of Myst, is it then possible to open the door and wander out of the library? That'd be suh-weet!

No.
I'm going to attempt to put into words what we saw.
We saw Ae'gura waters outside.
I can't tell you here how I know this, but the Myst age only contains the library model.
Going from what OHB said, I don't think it is yet possible or allowed to import stuff from other Plasma games (Uru CC, Fan ages, realMyst, MagiQuest online, Crowthistle, and. Cosmic Osmo's Hex Isle.
Did I please you with my explanation, OHB? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

if Cyan had gone through the trouble of moddeling the whole terrain of myst island they might as well have opened the door to begin with...

.... of course if the library interrior was a copy and paste job would that be so hard...? can the entierty of myst island be copied and pasted? or would each model and the terrain have to be assembled seperately...?

regardles, i was always under assumption that there was nothing but empty space beyone the library walls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
if Cyan had gone through the trouble of moddeling the whole terrain of myst island they might as well have opened the door to begin with...

.... of course if the library interrior was a copy and paste job would that be so hard...? can the entierty of myst island be copied and pasted? or would each model and the terrain have to be assembled seperately...?

regardles, i was always under assumption that there was nothing but empty space beyone the library walls

IIRC there were different Plasma versions so just copying and pasting everything wouldn't work. Models, on the other hand, are much easier.

Last edited by OHB on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

What if they had used the Myst stuff from Myst V? Sure it's not the happy Myst we remember, but it's far more canonically correct since it's changed over time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 pm 

Myst 5 could certainly be converted to be used in Uru (no comment on how I know this).

Cyan, however, does not have the same sorts of conversion tools we do, and they rely on being able to edit their 3dsmax files. It may be that converting a Myst 5 3ds file is much more difficult than converting an exported Myst 5 Age.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next