It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:23 am 
Obduction Backer

You should draft someone from the Great Tree gang to cover Prologue - I spent most of it hiding out in Choru.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:15 am 

what;s Choru?

MOULa KI#237576

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:02 am 

Carl Palmner wrote:
what;s Choru?

Choru is an affectation given to the first closed beta of Uru when it was still run on internal Cyan servers. The second iteration was affectionately referred to as Ubiru (after Ubisoft) and following Ubiru began Prologue. The Choru days have been retroactively canonized but there was little to no actual story back then as most of it was spent testing different aspects of the unfinished game. The only places the Choru explorers had access to were The Cleft, Bevin and its original public neighborhood which later became Eder Kemo. Also a test Age designed to simulate a day/night cycle which later became Eder Gira. At least if I recall correctly. It's been a long time since I spoke with any of the Choru people. I think Teledahn was available back then too but I could be wrong.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:32 am 
Obduction Backer

There was another neighborhood, in Choru - Seret. =)

Teledahn was indeed around, from what I know, and I can also say Gahreesen was also around at one stage in Choru. =)

Baron City Office was as well. =)

I *believe* that Ae'gura was, as well. =)

I'm fairly certain that Relto showed up in one form or another in choru, as well, but I don't think I have evidence to back that one up, so I /could/ be wrong. =)

EDIT: nope, relto definitely was in choru, as was ae'gura, and /most likely/ kadish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Another creative use: Giant cups and ball game with cones and Eddie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Loshem wrote:
The only places the Choru explorers had access to were The Cleft, Bevin and its original public neighborhood which later became Eder Kemo. Also a test Age designed to simulate a day/night cycle which later became Eder Gira. At least if I recall correctly. It's been a long time since I spoke with any of the Choru people. I think Teledahn was available back then too but I could be wrong.

Yikes, no. We had full access to all Ages and puzzles in Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, including the resolution (Yeesha's Cleft speech and the rainy Cleft), as well as Ae'gura in all sorts of intermediate configurations (Journey clothes scattered throughout, bridges absent and present, rock slides and barriers, book pedestals here and there, etc.). We had the Great Zero files on our computer when the Choru server was finally shut down in December 2003. What we never had was any of the live story elements - that's what was going on in Prologue.

Anyways, I would encourage you, Carl, to get in touch with Marten, as his scripts might possibly be a basis for live presentations of Prologue events (either purely narrative or acted). The Hood of Illusions would be a great place for such events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I realize that many people might want reenactments of the Prologue events. I know this, but...so not me. I wasn't particularly interested in the Prologue events even during Prologue. I though it was filler until we got to new content in the real game.

just getting that out of the way so you get to see where I'm coming from. I wouldn't mind a new story or two, or just the opportunity to interact with a Bahro or two.

I take it that it's out of the question for Yeesha to make a visit?

And I'm always interested in how you can change things for events, things like parties and festivals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:09 pm 

We can make anyone visit that we want ;)

I've actually got something planned you might git a bit of a laugh out of, mszv... The only folks who saw it so far were newer players, and they didn't get the joke. I'll probably save it for the first official event in the Hood of Illusions

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:15 pm 

We actually had Yeesha during the premiere event--well, I guess it was the second premiere event--of the Fun House. Just holo Yeesha, but still...

It kind of reminded me of the time holo Yeesha appeared to a group of explorers in a Bevin during GT MO:UL who were trying to "summon" her. She just appeared and walked around a bit, then vanished. I've always kind of thought that that event was actually a hack, not something done by Cyan.

Anyway if they can do holo Yeesha, I imagine they can do real Yeesha too. The files are there for both avatars, and both made at least one appearance in GT MO:UL (holo Yeesha at the beginning and end of the Journey, real Yeesha once on the Day of Yeesha).

MOULa KI#237576

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:06 pm 

My major question is, can changes be made to other age instances tied to that Neighborhood i.e. Eder Tsogal or Eder Delin. I would love to see something added or changed in those places like the glowing Gira Fish to spice it up.

For ideas for the neighborhood itself, well, that is more complicated, considering we don't know entirely what can be done to it, at least from a bystander's perspective. I would like to see it be a place that could be used to hold classes liking learning D'ni or history lessons. I am sure you can use the imager in the classroom to upload custom images for that particular event or class.

just an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow, Yeesha, either holo or character -- I'd like that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

i think any of the so called gray hats private instances or any age linked to the two hoods are fair game to tinker with...

... could be mistaken :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

From what I've read and seen addressed several times, yes the ages associated with The Fun House and Hood of Illusions can be tinkered with as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

I can't say the tool that lets me know this, but indeed many of the MOUL elements of old are in there (Yeesha, Soccer Balls, lake meter, etc.) Unless these were added by the Guild of < Message Redacted>.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:41 am 
Obduction Backer

pokemon71096 wrote:
I can't say the tool that lets me know this, but indeed many of the MOUL elements of old are in there (Yeesha, Soccer Balls, lake meter, etc.) Unless these were added by the Guild of Writers.

Fixed that for ya. ;) They've actually taken that off of the image on their forums.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next