It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:19 am 

Zenoc2 wrote:
Fixed that for ya. ;) They've actually taken that off of the image on their forums.

That's part of our new "Try not to be so argumentative with the rest of the community" initiative

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

PaladinOfKaos wrote:
Zenoc2 wrote:
Fixed that for ya. ;) They've actually taken that off of the image on their forums.

That's part of our new "Try not to be so argumentative with the rest of the community" initiative

Hey, I'm all for it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes we can do things in other ages...the ones that are owned by the hood avis. I've already made some modifications to the TFH hood city...now we just need to work on an easy way to get people there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Could the city stone in the hood be made to link to the hood instance city?

Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Pavitra wrote:

oridinarily any hood city stone would link a person to their bevin's instance of the city, TFH hood's bevin would have to be rigged to do otherwise...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
Pavitra wrote:

oridinarily any hood city stone would link a person to their bevin's instance of the city, TFH hood's bevin would have to be rigged to do otherwise...

Yes, if only there were someone associated with TFH who knew how to rig things to behave differently than they ordinarily behave.

Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 am 

Just a quick update regarding the Heritage Night / Hood of Illusions idea: Calum is on board and I'm going to be bringing this up with the Heritage Night audience on Tuesday (I'm hosting anyway this Tuesday so it works out perfectly). At that point I'll probably create a separate thread for this. I've got one idea for what the nature of the event itself might be, but I'll wait to post it until I've had a chance to discuss it with people on Tuesday. Then maybe we can work something out with you guys.

My guess is that it won't be for another 3-4 weeks, but would probably involve some planning and rehearsing on our (meaning you guys, me, probably Calum and maybe others) part before then.

MOULa KI#237576

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Carl Palmner wrote:
My guess is that it won't be for another 3-4 weeks, but would probably involve some planning and rehearsing on our (meaning you guys, me, probably Calum and maybe others) part before then.

I'll just warn you now. It takes time to make things happen. If you want hacks for an event, we'll need a complete list of what you'd like at LEAST a week (preferably two weeks) ahead of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:53 am 

I've been talking to Marten (and OHB which inspired this thread to begin with) and he's all for filming the scenes left to go from the Prologue Documentaries in the Fun House hood. Allowing the Grey Hats to assist in making the re-enactments as accurate as possible sounds to me like a great way to build a rapport with the community at large and show mutual cooperation between hackers and us "normal" explorers. 8)

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:08 am 

Loshem wrote:
I've been talking to Marten (and OHB which inspired this thread to begin with) and he's all for filming the scenes left to go from the Prologue Documentaries in the Fun House hood. Allowing the Grey Hats to assist in making the re-enactments as accurate as possible sounds to me like a great way to build a rapport with the community at large and show mutual cooperation between hackers and us "normal" explorers. 8)

Likely we'll do reenactments in the Illusions hood - it's sort of our "theatre", at least conceptually.

On that note planning is in progress for some sort of cohesive demonstration in the Illusions hood - more info when we stop debating conspiracy theories and actually go back to planning the event (our IRC chats get weird sometimes).

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:18 am 

"Illusions" my bad :P

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:08 pm 

Don't worry OHB, I will be ready before then with a list of what we need. It will probably all be stuff that you guys already know how to do--official character avatars like the Bahro and DRC showing up to act out scenes, changing the fog/lighting, etc.

MOULa KI#237576

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Carl Palmner wrote:
changing the fog/lighting

Idea! You could darken the fog so it's like you're dimming/turning off the house lights.

No... I don't do backstage work... what are you talking about O.O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:48 am 

I just gotta grand vision!

Think UU and think quantom ( the root of linking)

The Truth about the Egg Room is infact a quantom partical shifter ( to put it in laymons terms)
A linking machine to the almost ifanunt alter reality facits and branches of the T.O.P
(Tree Of Possibility) of The age of Earth. The great D'ni society lived in a huge cavern 3 miles down
in the earth. The Seed room, if you look from within you will see where the Rosetta stone went to.
You simply step into one of the Seed Facit rooms, once sealed in, you begin shifting, moving within
the star fissure (the facits), a mass trasport to the first new COS (Cyan Open Source) MOUL:A SHARD!
After the 3 minute time duration is up the seals on the doors break on the rooms and everyone
walks out in the new GOI hood!, On the NEW Shard! ( all unknown to the muggles of coarse.) hehe

This could be a future way of hoping to other shards (servers) With security/isolation.
The light garden codes could be reactivated and changed to each Hood too! for entry to the hood's
Seed Room/Quantom Linking chambers, too their own Hood shards.

Of course Each Hood also has their own version of Ae'gura.
( IMO Think was put in by Cyan for rebuilding and editing via each Hood group or minor guilds.
But having your own hood/guild shard would be better and later after you have the changes you want
prefected for the city instance, then transfer it back to Cyan's main shard city instance. Just like
what other online games do today!)

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Last edited by VoiZod on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

COS Shard?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next