It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:48 pm 

I just wanted to clarify for my own sanity the kinds of effects people report experiencing, before I go there myself.

1) The laws of physics in the world change, such as the force of gravity, resulting in my avatar floating off the ground, which I would not be able to control with any actions.

2) The properties of the world change, such as the height of the water in the lake, resulting in my avatar being forced to swim, but I could control the direction of swimming.

3) My avatar begins dancing when I did not command it to, and I would not be able to stop it.

The first two might be considered "fun", and the third might be considered a violation of personal space, it's all a matter of choice and opinion and respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Accusation wrote:
If you knew what you were talking about (which you may do, but I doubt it), you'd know

Please don't try to play innocent after you have attacked me.

Now, I have given you the answer to this issue just as plain as day. I've been in this community for 6 years now, and anyone here can attest that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Uru. Also note that I am listed on the Grey Hat info page.

Now, if you want to continue down your warpath, go right ahead without me. I've done my bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:54 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

OK, thanks. Can we leave that particular aspect of the discussion there and let passions settle a little, please. There are some plausible explanations here for at least some of the experiences that might occur.

There is a related, but possibly slightly more broadly scoped discussion going on in this thread: To the Ashen Millinery:

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:02 am 

I was going to reply, but the last thing I want is to upset anyone more than I have done already.

I feel now, that whatever I say will be viewed as potentially offensive.

So now I don't trust people and I don't know what to say and what not to say.

EDIT - I have retracted the two posts I feel are particularly offensive. I have not done this to deny what I said, but because I can see that they are offensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:49 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Single user ages do not have to be programmed multiuser. In business terms, it wouldn't make sense to spend time on a feature that is not part of the specification. The Cleft is a singleuser age. Any avatar that does something in a singleuser age causes all avatars to warp to the same location. An age needs to be explicitly programmed with multiuser in mind to allow an action to be independently experienced by any one avatar. During development and testing of MOUL, warped avatars were a common occurrence.

Hope that helps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2