It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: disappointed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:03 am 

not so much with the stuff in the funhouse, it was the fact that the mods went with me when i left that was the disappointment. not to mention that i had a stack dump when i logged out of uru and was trying to log in again (only thing i could think of to get rid of the funky mods was to get out of the program and go back in).

i have never had a stack dump since moula started. not once! have rarely had any lag either and i did see some tonight in the funhouse.

i thought the mods were to only affect that particular hood????

well, that may be the plan, in actuality, that's not the case and that's not a good thing.

i was in the hood, went to relto and then went to nexus - the mods showed up in nexus, not when i was in relto. so, i'm nexus and can't do anything other than panic-link to relto, so i do that and the mods followed to relto that time.

so, i guess this means the vault is severly corrupted.

as much as i looked to this being allowed as being a nice compromise, after this short experience, i'm taking back my support for this. corrupting the vault just isn't worth it.

and.

AND!

if it's not that the vault is corrupted and it's a matter of someone fiddling with my avi - well, that's very much not appreciated, nor is that allowed. can't be doing that without the persons permission - even if it's allowed by cyan. it's just basic courtesy to give notice beforehand that you may do something to someone's avi! to not do so is extremely rude.

so, count me out of the funhouse - not interested if it's going to be this disruptive.

Image ki #101936

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:23 am 
Obduction Backer

It's already been noted here that ages that have been loaded while you've been in TFH will follow you wherever you go. This is a local change only that only you will see (there is no vaultt corruption--the MOUL vault is slightly less temperamental than the UU vaults you remember). You are correct in saying that the only way to remove the "mods" is to quit the game. which is the bad side of the "mixology." On the "protected our tushies" side of the mixology, whenever you enter The Fun House, you are agreeing to experience hacks... They might just follow you around like some sort of creeper until you leave. :shock:

Also, if you share your stack dump, we can take a look at it to figure out what went wrong. We don't actually want to crash anyone, and figuring out what went wrong in your case will help us not crash others later :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:05 pm 

I wouldn't be to disappointed, they're Mixology did end up planting a tree in a seemingly lifeless desert

[spoiler]tree[/spoiler]

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here is a stack dump:

UruLive.Live.1.893 - External.Release
Exception type: Access violation
Call stack (14 levels):
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x77129ED5
0x77129F02
0x74D23677
0x008BF988
0x0045723C
0x00456F15
0x00553CE4
0x005533A6
0x00689446
0x00779CA9
0x00687B0F
0x00687DF2
Happened in the Fun House instanced city at 2:10pm 2/27 running Win7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just did a quick look. I have details on what happened (I need to populate a new database before I can get any meaningful information out of the stack dump), but to my trained eye, this is most likely something related to the hacks. I'll have a chat with the guys who are doing stuff. Thanks for the report!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:35 pm 

i couldn't make note of the stack dump - didn't think to write it down and since the whole comp locked i had to restart and couldn't take a screenie.

no, i wasn't aware that the mods would follow me. although i haven't read every single thread nor every post in every thread, i don't remember seeing any statements in the initial posts made when this was first announced that the mods would follow.

and, if that IS the case, why didn't the mods follow me to relto? they didn't there - they showed up when i went to nexus and then were still there (although it was different things) when i went back to relto the second time.

glad someone else was able to post a dump.

Image ki #101936

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Check your My Documents\Uru Live\log folder for a file called "stack dump" Uru might have saved it there. Hopefully.

The mixology is a rather new thing that we weren't doing when the first threads were made. When OHB gets back, I'll have to prod him to update them to include that disclaimer. This seems to be becoming quite a big deal as of late, it seems ;)

And for the mods not being in Relto the first time but being there the second time... I'm just going to tell you that I have no idea. Sometimes the game does things that defy all logic. Unfortunately, this seems to be one of them. The modifications should have appeared both times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Sounds like an unknown state becoming reset on the first try, then set on the second and subsequent.

OHB did edit the stickied "Everything You Need to Know" thread to include a statement in its "What will I experience?" section, second paragraph, about persistent illusions. Unfortunately, it's worded very IC and needs a little more blatant OOC to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:35 am 

no log of the dump was saved - i checked even tho i figured there wouldn't be anything since the whole comp locked up.

edited posts don't appear in the 'posts since last visit' search and i rarely re-read threads once i've been there unless it's of particular interest & i have something to contribute, so, i'd have no way of knowing this it became evident that this was a known issue.

i doubt i'll be venturing in there again - computer lock-ups just aren't something i want to deal with. if i do decide to check it out again and i get a stack dump again, i'll make sure to write it down for ya.

Image ki #101936

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:52 am 

I dont know what is so bothering you about Stack Dumps.

I have stack dumps every day and if I dont get it on a particular day, I ask myself a question: "How come you played that soft today Annabelle?" :lol:

Normal gameplay :

You have to understand that in a normal gameplay, your avvie acts like the intended way it is suppose to act meaning by that that you will stay on ground most of the time, maybe run or walk, jump a few times, without any Relto out.

Memory doesnt stack up very much that way. During your gameplay, you will have a normal use of memory. You will be able to quit URU easily without crashing.

Annabelle's gameplay :

I will get to out of normal reach areas, always jump, just run, always on the go, Relto out at least 20-30 times during 3 hours of gameplay, zip line launch myself 20 times. The game will have to "follow" my very movements and calculate, estimate where the heck I will be in 2 seconds. Eventually the memory stacks will be full. The client will crash and this is a something that will occurs in 100% of time unless I play for 1 hour and even in some occasion I crashed the client in 10 minutes. I know spots within game where in 5 secs I can make the client crash :wink: .

Fun House gameplay :

Poor memory stack :lol:

Have you been in Fun House when you have to wait for about 2 minutes before the illusions load up in your client, just take a look at the other avvies in there. Try to figure out what the client has to go thru. You will see avvies acting litterally crazy, bouncing like ping pong balls in every spots within the Fun House age.

Just remember that fun house is a hood so less than 5% of the age is explorable and 5% is a generous number here. Within fun house when your client has the full illusion load you can visit 100% of it so the memory stack real fast. The client need to recaculate every movement you are making.

Then if you go in personal ages, you are again stacking up memory big time. How come I went take a nice picture of the far away mountains on the other side of Er'cana sea real close just at the bottom of them today? Maybe because I had a solid floor below my feet. This is hard for the client since for a third eye, I would seem to be bouncing up and down all the way until mountains.

The good thing having 2 computers is to be able to see effect with a 3rd viewer point of view. I logged myself into an illusion avvie personal age with 2 avvies : one with illusion, one without. Let me tell you, it is kind of weird to look at :lol: .

The inevitable thing that will occur : stack dump because memory will be jam packed. That is the life.

The only way for you to avoid that is to stay away from the Fun House. You have this opportunity :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:49 pm 

Sunday was insane.

If this is about showing off, then no problem with the terrible response and avvie control. If this is about refining techniques, then the powers that be should probably work on stabilizing the Cleft/Lagoon/Bevin hood to the point where it could be a new starting point for more mixology.

Setting a limit on occupants at maybe 10 would be smart, as it would increase avvie control and be reasonably pleasant to be a fun house guinea pig..........hint hint.....

Question;

What is the purpose/function of the blue line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

When I posted the stack dump data I had simply done a cut and paste from the screen dialog box. I am running Win 7 64 and I haven't been crashed by any of these game lockups. I hadn't thought of looking for a log file in the data section of My Documents for Uru.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:06 pm 

I crash about 90% of the time after visiting the Fun House. Whatever a stack dump is, I have been getting those a lot too. But I think it's worth it. At worst I just have to start the game again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

crashes are routine for me on a regular basis... they're aggrivating, but they're not the end of the world :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next