It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:14 pm 

If you don't want occasional lag, crashes, and mixed ages, then you don't have to go to the Fun House if you don't want to! I personally enjoy the hacks, despite occasional side effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 pm 

I guess its up to each individual to decide if the problems that are caused by entering the Fun House and the Hood of Illusions is worth the experience. I just wish they had a schedule of some sort so we knew when they where putting on a show, or what kind of show they where putting on. this way everybody would not be linking in and out at random

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

i tend to stay out of those hoods, not because i dislike what goes on in there, but because it makes me crash, the illusions carry over into other parts of the game, and the solution is simple for me... don't go in there...

while the stuff they do in there is quite nifty kewl and it's rather a shame that i rarely find the oppertunity to see them for myself, staying away is an easily managable way to avert any negative effects that outweigh the benefits of being there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:54 pm 

Although I hate the lag caused by mixology, I did enjoy finding a sand-logged Irwin in Negilahn-Cleft and walking under pink-walled K'veer in K'veer-night Minkata, as well as exploring otherwise inaccessible areas of other ages (Baron's City Office, Spy Room, Teledahn lake, Great Zero, etc.)

FWIW, I'd prefer just one age overlay at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:14 pm 

checking in/following up :)

why would i WANT to deal with stack dumps if i don't need to??? especially when i haven't had not a one since moula opened. if i'd know it was a possibility after visiting the modded hood, i wouldn't have been surprised and wouldn't have created this post. same with the mods following me after i'd left the hood - if known it could happen, then nothing to comment on about it!

know that i know about it, if i want to visit there, i'll just make sure to take of things that need doing and seeing people that need visiting before i go so that the stack dump doesn't affect other activities.

it's all quite simple really...

and, yes, these hoods are an individual preference thing. i've no objection to them (as i stated when they were announced) and i hope my post here didn't give that impression!! i loved seeing some of the funkiness created during the UU days...and am glad that some of that is again available...it livens things up a bit :D and gives opportunity for new explorations and activities (lake parties and actually being able to take a swim) as well as new games to be developed (not just marker games either - think sardines redux (with somewhat different rules maybe) and a host of other things - there's so much that is available with these mods being allowed!

i think susa'n has hit on something...in more ways than she intended, lol!

when i was there, i think there was more than one overlay happening - not really sure though as i wasn't able to fully investigate before i had to go take care of other things...

anyhoo, if only one is added in at a time, then that allows for rotations to occur and specific events can be planned to coincide with each particular overlay: bbq blast by the zamboni, celebrating yeesha's birthday with her in the cleft, soccer games easily attended by all, jalak games, how many avi's will fit in a pod, hunting parties outside the pods (with a contest on the forum, say, for best pic taken), even the d'nilympics could be started up again - with so many better places (since things can be customized) to hold the events ; etc and so on.

also, if 2 things are overlayed, that would give a whole different dimension/atmosphere to whatever event is taking place - like having the jalak towers/poles show up in the desert or on the top waterfall in eder. the combinations are endless - as are the events and games that can be developed for the various spots!

really, this could work out very well to bring the oldtimers back on a regular basis as well as bring newbies in! and could also be somewhat tied in with the 'april discoveries bring may mysteries' plan. a few things crossed over between the two ideas seems to me to be a good idea.

with susa'n's only add one layer thing - doing that may eliminate the lag issues (although i didn't notice hardly any the time i was there and it there were 15-20 people there at the time) and using only one overlay may completely get rid of the crashes/stack dumps...

Image ki #101936

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 am 

I doubt that mixing in only one age will completely fix the stackdump issue. How many ages to mix together is really a personal preference (your vote in favor of only mixing two ages is noted Susa'n). As for lag, during demonstrations I try to avoid mixing two huge areas, as this is the cause of a lot of lag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 pm 

well, it was just a thought that less being mixed in would equal less issues...

Image ki #101936

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2