It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:51 pm 

Some of us already take care of minor technical issues for people when we can, and we have no problem doing that. Policing bad behavior and becoming essentially cavern Moderators isn't really something any of us particularly want (as far as I know), unless it comes with better communication from Cyan.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 pm 

Which is why I believe its up to us all to learn and know how to deal with such situations appropriately, to discourage someone from repeating this sort of behavior and their-by prevent it from happening in the future.

By leaving the site for the most part unmoderated, I believe Cyan is trusting us be be self moderating. I feel it would be in our own best interest to prove that their trust was not misplaced. If they realize that we can deal with such things on our own in an appropriate manner and be creative enough to do it with out a mod or admin account they may also realize that Open Source will be in good hands.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

the site (these forums) *is* modderated, the game, however... is not...

those with the means to assist cyan with in game issues whenever they have arrised have a pretty good track record imo.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3