It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Ask away thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:11 am 

Ok. This is related to the answers post that just got put up on the forums. Basically what we are going to do is set up this thread for any questions you have that may help/benefit or put you at ease about the product.

This thread will give you a chance to voice your questions and possibly get an answer back. So lets get down to the basics

1. Please just list out one or two questions at a time.
2. If someone posts a question that you also want answered, list that as one of your questions too. This could give more weight for which questions we answer.
3. Once we decide on which questions to answer, we will post the question and answers on both the “From the Developer” section and in the “Beta General Discussion” section.
4. The answers posted in the discussion section will get stickied until the next “questions and answers” post gets put up.
5. Please keep all questions to this thread.
6. And last but not least, lets limit these questions to game or process related questions.

-Edit-
7. Please dont list obvious bugs. or non global issues. We can handle those in personal tickets via the support site. What I want to do is give you answers to more global issues or questions. I.E. Questions like " my account isnt working" or " if i text chat my friend, something happens" will most likely not be answered on the forums. hmm.. Those were just examples. I dont think anyone asked those exact question. But wanted to give you all a model to go by.

You will get the idea once I post a update or two for you to look at.

-end edit-

I can’t guarantee answers to every question, and I’m not going to give a schedule on when questions will be answered. But at the very least this would be the place to ask away.

-edit 9-8-06

New common questions thread posted

-end edit 9-8-06

Last edited by lbell on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:29 am 

Why is the network error 6 occuring? What is causing the network failure of so many people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:30 am 

Seeing as how I'm one of the poor saps suffering from the error that justthetigger is talking about, I'd also like that question answered. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:31 am 

Alright, I'll be one of the first to test the system here.

1 - If I have questions or concerns regarding possible exploits, who would I contact regarding those issues?

2 - Can we expect another build soon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Nice idea! Thanks!

Two of the most common ones people are seeing:

3. Do we have solutions for the "blank screen" bug. Seems this is happening to many and regularly (link-in, screen blank, sound is on, cursor is visible).

4. The "balancing act" anomoly. This is where the avatar get's animated in a "balancing act" when he jumps on certain things, or against a wall. Sometimes we can eraticate him but often not. This is a new animation and it seems to have troubles. Do we have a handle on this one?

Thanks,

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Same as justthetigger and Nicholas posted: error 6. And we know that is not in our side now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:47 am 

I second the question from dadguy about the blank screen after linking. I'd also like to add a question regarding the same issue.

Should we log and ticket everytime this glitch happens?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:58 am 

Awesome thread, thank you!

7. When we experience bugs in multiplayer context, do you always need the log files from all players present, or are there cases where just one person's files are adequate?

I also second the question about when we can expect the next build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:44 am 

I too would like to hear more about the black screen linkins and the kNetErrors. For example the causes in the different protocols and :oops: when are they gonna get fixed?.

(Yeah, just hadda ask, didn't I? :twisted:

"Things are not what they used to be -- and they never were." Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Has there been any progress with the "Loading..." screen bug? I (and, I'm guessing, others) still have never even gotten into the game proper. No, avvie, no ages... only tears! :cry: (j/k :lol:)

And, as a follow-up question, how soon can we expect a new build to be released (or, rather, how long can we guesstimate the wait between builds to be), which may or may not contain a fix for the afore-mentioned bug? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:20 am 
Obduction Backer

I'd like to know about the black screen also...and why I am having the repeated problem of crashing to reboot when I am in Eder Gira?

I'd also like to know when or if we can expect to have a bit less "gravity" on our avi's. I miss jumping! Hate the "monkey movements" thingie too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:24 am 

The Spiderman Crawl is also an Extreem sore point with me. Is there any way that it can be terminated, put to rest, removed entirely or eradicated???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:02 am 
Obduction Backer

"Balancing act", "monkey movements", "spiderman crawl"... we should come up with a common name for this behavior.

:)

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:07 am 
Obduction Backer

dadguy wrote:
"Balancing act", "monkey movements", "spiderman crawl"... we should come up with a common name for this behavior.

:)

Dadguy

hokey pokey :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:36 am 

1 "The Spiderman Crawl" cause I suggested the name :wink:
needs to be addressed ASAP please as it makes part of bug hunting hard
when you get stuck and no way to maneuver yourself out so you have to Relto.
Also I can't cone balance anymore :cry:

2 The BlackAge is another I know there is the "X' out but to have to do this so many times
is becoming annoying yeah I know thats what Beta is all about. :D but still it's a pain
in the behind.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next