It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:11 pm 

Well after Fridays meeting I agree we (The production crew of TCT) should meet more often. It was good fun to see everyone again. I'd like to propose a meeting for 1st October 2006 in the Uru Live beta. The meeting will be primarily about the next season of TCT, new ideas getting ourselves set up and a bit better organised (yes I know I'm jumping the gun.) I'd also like to discuss some other things about podcast 20 if we could have fridays attendence that would be great. :( the only downside is I can't start running through people again ;)

I'd like to hold it in the Barons Office (and other diverse locations) on Sunday 1st October from 6pm EDT. People to meet in the Hall of Kings, hopefully it should be a lot of fun and help us get some work done.

For everyone who's asking why I'm posting this here, Jnathus isn't yet in the beta as a TCT editorial producer he has adminstrative rights in the forum, so myself or Miles can't create a TCT beta tester group and do things that way. In our meetings we normally use Teamspeak and an awfull lot of chatter goes on. This should help load test obscure areas(since we go all over the place) and test the Voice chat to see if it is good enough for this sort of thing.

Post subject: Server issues
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:57 pm 
Cyan Employee

Some of you might have experienced various server issues over the weekend. We (Cyan) are aware of theses issues and are feverously working to stabilize the problems. If I find out more information I will let you know.

Remember if you experience technical issues submit a bug to http://support.mystonline.com/
Ryan Warzecha
Cyan Worlds Inc.

Last edited by greydragon on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:40 pm 

I don't know if this is a server issue or not but today MOUL first "failed to initialize" and put me back to the desktop. Second time I tried it failed to launch - again back to the desktop. I have never had a problem getting into the game before and have changed nothing on my PC. Help. (please don't be too technical - I'm a computer N00B).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:44 am 

Problem fixed today. No difficulties logging on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Ryan
One small problem:
I cannot find where to submit 'bugs'
ANYWHERE on the webpage you mention.

My disastrous experience since the 'scars' update:

Since the recent update ('scars')
the login process takes about 30 minutes!
AND then fails at the last moment -
(at 'preparing to link')
1. 'There has been a network error' message appears
2. 'OK' out of that then produces:
3. 'UNTRANSLATED: SetActivePlayer failed: No Response from Server

Response to recent support request on this suggested I 'go to the forums' - that's all!!!
OR 'submit' ticket' but I cannot find where to do that!
Not good enough!
I am paying for a gaming experience that doesn't exist!
I presume refunds will be in order for down time?
(I also believe in Santa Claus!)

Geoffrey Baird, Victoria. Australia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:44 am 

G'day Geoff,
Have you registered for the support website?, if you haven't you will need to register first then you can submit any bugs you come across.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:45 am 
Obduction Backer

As raider7 said, once you have registered (and logged in), you will have the option of viewing your previous tickets and submitting a ticket.

Unless you are logged in, you will not see that option.

Hope that helps. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:49 am 
Obduction Backer

As others have explained before me...

To file tickets at support.urulive.com, you need to first register a ticket account. The user name and password for your ticket account on support.urulive.com is not shared with your GameTap or Myst Online account information. You can use the same values if you wish, but one will not affect the other.

Before you register and login, the system will look like this:
Click for picture of "Before Login"

If you need to create an account you should select "Register"; if you have an account already, enter your information into the "Login" fields.

Once you have a registered account and are logged in, the option to submit tickets will appear:
Click for picture of "After Login"

Post subject: tickets tickets?
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for all the advice folks!
But it strikes me I shouldn't have to ask for it!

MEMO to CYAN support website designer:
Having a link on a support page that says 'submit a ticket' and then the goes to a page where the words 'submit a ticket' DO NOT appear is NOT
smart!
There is NO explanation or 'pointer' that explains that the 'registering' process is what you need to do to create a ticket.
Not smart!

We all know what 'register' means! It usually refers to the process of enabling use of a product, not getting help for it.
So when you are allready playing the game, that is not where you are going to look for a support ticket process.
So unless you luck on to it, you are not going to look in the 'register' area when trying to 'guess' how you submit a ticket!
Also, it is not until you are well into the 'registering' process you find out that this IS where help 'tickets' are made!

SO to summarise:
The words 'Use the register process to apply for support ticket' visible on the main Support page right up front would have saved me a lot of mucking about! (and the time of the kind folk who replied to my frustrated email!
That is all that is required!
It aint rocket science!

gb

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Regarding 'scars episode'

It's all very well to talk about having 'episodes' in the Uru live experience.
I notice that Grey Dragon, in another forum, refers to concentrating content in weekly focussed episodes as a fabulous new development.
But all this does is concentrate too many visitors at crucial times in crucial places in the cavern and this stresses the servers obviously and crashes the game.
Didn't anybody think of this before creating this time-limited episodic format that will almost guarantee server crashes?!!

I have MYST (I wish that was a funny joke!) the entire 'scars' experience because I have not been able to login properly and visit the city ever since the update!
I am about to give up on URU Live, which is very sad for me.
I really thought it might work this time.
SUPPORT has NOT been forthcoming!
Geoffree in Australia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:46 am 

Saturday June 9th. (11 PM PST - time of post)

Server has gone on strike. Can't access the game.

The irony of the timing; I had just linked someone to my Realto and linked in myself, only never made it. Why can't it crash when you are alone twiddling your thumbs...

well maybe it does then too. GRRRR! I hate fighting with technology. Completely takes one out of the story and right into hairpulling anxiety.

Anyway, ticket has been filed; this is just me needing to vent.

Post subject: Re: Server issues
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:33 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

greydragon wrote:
Remember if you experience technical issues submit a bug to http://support.urulive.com/

This really should be http://support.mystonline.com/

Going across the two domains damages our cookies and mystonline.com is the true domain now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

support.urulive.com works (whereas urulive.com/forums causes problems). I am pretty sure that the forum system and the ticket system use distinct sets of cookies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:45 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Changed the link. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:47 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

belford wrote:
support.urulive.com works (whereas urulive.com/forums causes problems). I am pretty sure that the forum system and the ticket system use distinct sets of cookies.

The support site does have its own cookies. You can usually use one or the other domain exclusively and it works fine. But the same problem occurrs when going between domains to the support site. And there were more problems recently when GameTap was pushing its new website. Cookies were damaged and people were having trouble. Cyan was kind enough to fix the old link on the support page after I submitted a ticket about the problem recently.

The support page now lists the preferred domain:

http://support.mystonline.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next