It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:19 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Sigurd wrote:
I use now WireShark to trace the traffic on the line and have no problems anymore. Network errors disappeared. When I end WireShark the problems are back. That may be a hint to the developers what may be wrong.

Might be useful if you sent me one of your logs so I could compare it with the others. The fact that it allows you to get in seems unusual.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:05 pm 

Where shall I post the Trace file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:06 am 

Sigurd wrote:
I use now WireShark to trace the traffic on the line and have no problems anymore. Network errors disappeared. When I end WireShark the problems are back.

Is the time taken to get into URU significantly shorter with WireShark running, or is the difference simply the presence or lack of Network errors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I just installed Wireshark, but I have no idea how to use it. For example, what filter do I use? (I looked at the list in Help - talk about Information Overload!)

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject: Log on problems
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:56 am 

HEY!!!! It is Gametap's fault!!! I just tried to log in and play all the games that I have downloaded and they were ALL gone.Even Uru! Had to spend 2 hours downloading it. Way to go Gametap---Good way to lose customers. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:49 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

TOOO wrote:
I just installed Wireshark, but I have no idea how to use it. For example, what filter do I use? (I looked at the list in Help - talk about Information Overload!)

The answer is here: *clicky* - Read the instructions, don't just follow exactly what's in the pictures - I had to change some things to as a result of the server move!

Sigurd wrote:
Where shall I post the Trace file?

You'll find that at the end of the of instructions.

A couple of things to note:
1. The notes are for the international stand alone client. There are some differences if you're using the GT version (e.g. you don't get the TOS agreement screen).
2. I suggest (as per my notes) not starting your log until after you've completed the the password entry bit. That way you can be safe in the knowledge that your login details aren't in the log file if you choose to share it.
3. There's close to 8MB in the initial Updates now. I always set the "Limit each packet to" option to 96 bytes (packets can be up to 1500 bytes): I don't need to see all the data in each packet, just the headers and maybe the start of the data, so this makes a huge difference to the final log file size.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject: Log on problems
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:48 am 

Hi - I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I get the Network Error and after I click OK on that I get this message "UNTRANSLATED: SetActivePlayer failed: No Response From Server". Has anyone else gotten the SetActivePlayer message? I just submitted a ticket on these errors. I'm going to forget where I was at this rate! :?

Post subject: Re: Log on problems
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:11 am 

barbaram wrote:
Hi - I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I get the Network Error and after I click OK on that I get this message "UNTRANSLATED: SetActivePlayer failed: No Response From Server". Has anyone else gotten the SetActivePlayer message? I just submitted a ticket on these errors. I'm going to forget where I was at this rate! :?

Me. too.

Posted a ticket on December 12th and received a reply saying they are working on it... :(

Merry Christmas!
Mazier, from Italy

Post subject: Working again
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:26 am 

Hi all,

I tried something and it seems to have worked. I completely scrubbed Gametap from my system and downloaded it again. It took several hours but I've been in and out several times now with no problems or hangups. It's worth a try if you have the time to do it. I set it up to run while we went to Christmas dinner. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:30 am 

You mean you completely removed MOUL and Game Tap? Then reinstalled Game Tap and MOUL?

I've been tempted to removed my MOUL completely and redownload, but I've seen where that didn't do some people any good (except waste several hours). My Game Tap works great, as I play other games on it. Only MOUL seems to be affected, and I bypass Game Tap when I use MOUL. I've tried it through Game Tap and end up with the same problems too.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

This may have all been said before . . .
may even be slightly off-topic . . .
but after a longtime absence, I just got back into Uru by:

Removing all the old Ageia/PhyX files remaining from my previous Uru experiences. . . .
and downloading the latest version from . . .
the Ageia website:
http://www.ageia.com/drivers/drivers.html

Then after the new drivers were installed successfully . . .
I clicked on MO:UL via Gametap . . .
and the Uru update went smoothly . . .
and the game runs started smoothly, too . . .
even with my ancient ATI All-In-Wonder video card

I'm currently following the Path of the Shell once more.
And rasslin' with a frustrating . . .
(ain't it awful how time fuzzes yer memory?) . . .
slightly different version of Ahnonay.

With the latest version of PhysX . . .
the only time I crashed to desktop . . .
was the second time a fellow MO:ULian and I . . .
both linked into trhe same location in my Ahnonay from my Cathedral.
(We both CTD, but we both quickly re-entered successfully by going to separate locations in the same Age.)

I doubt very much if PhyX triggered that single dual crash . . .
but I'll betcha a server somewhere did.

DaDungeon -- where The Mental
Mob can be found blurring
the edges of real/surreal.
Tink KI#674545

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:38 am 

I have been following this conversation as well as I can, not being particularly computer-literate, and am wondering at this stage how many of us are able to get back in now? I presume that people who were out, and are now back in, will stop following these threads. But what about the rest of us? The silence from tech support is deafening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:44 pm 

Thanks Mac_Fife for helping. I'll send you a file asap.
I changed some parameters as GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize back to Hex 7FFF. This reduced the number of retransmissions and Duplicate Ack.

DaDungeon
I tried all those stuff and I found a newer Ageia/PhyX-driver which I installed yesterday. But it didn't solve the problem. Sometimes it workes, sometimes not, with or without WireShark. But WireShark shows the Network errors.

TOOO
to start WireShark select in the Menue "Capture" - "Interfaces" - then the start button right of your Interface description.
It seems to do only a little improvement and it's not the solution at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:44 pm 

darn... Was hoping to get on over the holiday to get my sparkly, but that seems pretty unlikely, at this point...

I'm on the Mac version, and it can't connect to the patch server, it seems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

andylegate wrote:
You mean you completely removed MOUL and Game Tap? Then reinstalled Game Tap and MOUL?

I've been tempted to removed my MOUL completely and redownload, but I've seen where that didn't do some people any good (except waste several hours). My Game Tap works great, as I play other games on it. Only MOUL seems to be affected, and I bypass Game Tap when I use MOUL. I've tried it through Game Tap and end up with the same problems too.

I was having horrible problems (black screen - no URU, but other - freebies - games played fine) until I discovered that my debit card (that I had paid GameTap on) had expired about 5 months ago. :shock: I emailed them and then re-enrolled in GameTap. My dues were due, anyhow, and that was when I discovered what had happened. After that, no problem at all with MOUL. You might want to check on that. Good luck. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next