It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Well, I took the sneaky route - I contacted my ISP (Time Warner's Roadrunner) and switched from Roadrunner Lite (about 400kb/s) to Roadrunner Turbo (she told me 15 MB/s!!) - and that solved it! Of course, it also adds $16US/month to my cable bill, but it won't kill me.

I did notice one other thing, though. Linking around made my PC crash in places like K'veer and Tokotah. (That's the whole PC, not just MOUL.) However, when I tried it on my Mac, no problems whatsoever.

*Sigh* It's so good to be back "home" in the Cavern. I hope everybody else gets their problems solved soon.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:29 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Looks like the auth server has gone sick - I'm Net 6'ing all over the place suddenly.

[edit] Back in now but it took a dozen attempts and over 30 minutes [/edit]

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
(about 400kb/s) to Roadrunner Turbo (she told me 15 MB/s!!) -
Good move, TOOO! Your initial connection speed was only just above the threshold where in times of 0 seconds remaining you wouldn't have been able to connect at all!

(Another Mac_Fife production :D).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:52 pm 

Just back from holiday and now join the network error 6 fan club.
I've ticketed the problem to Live Support. :?

Unfortunately I was in the middle of completing Ahnonay with Ri'ana when I got disconnected from the Server and now all I get is a lengthy update 10mins and increasing followed by Network error 6, Disconnected from Server protocol: Auth Server.

Can someone tell Ri'ana I'll be back to finish Ahnonay when I get let back in, please? :cry:

Will I have to wait long before I can complete Ahnonay? Because there are rumours that December's sparkly is in Myst and don't you have to complete Ahnonay to get to K'Veer to get to Myst. :x

Is there any hope?
Loki

KI #01440844

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:00 pm 

Loki wrote:
Don't you have to complete Ahnonay to get to K'Veer to get to Myst. :x

Is there any hope?
Loki

[spoiler]You have to complete Ahnonay to get to K'veer to collect your very own Myst Book for your Relto bookshelf, yes - however, you can *visit* someone else's Myst by going via their Relto - that's enough to collect the Sparklie.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:58 pm 

When I changed GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize in Registry back to hex'7FFF and Tcp1323Opts back to 1 and all my Network errors didn't show up any more.
Now the servers don't need to handle anymore too many errors. The servers got hundreds of retransmissions and Duplicate ACKs until they gave up. URU runs faster now.
Thanks for all your help and advices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:01 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Sigurd wrote:
When I changed GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize in Registry back to hex'7FFF and Tcp1323Opts back to 1 and all my Network errors didn't show up any more.

TCPWindowSize (RWIN) usually takes precedence over the value set in GlobalMaxTCPWindowSize unless you set the GlobalMaxTCPWindowSize to be smaller than TCPWindowSize. Tcp1323Opts=1 means you have Window scaling turned on (ie TCPWindowSize has a value bigger than 0xFFFF [65535]) and Time Stamping turned off.

Changing RWIN effectively alters how long your PC waits before sending an ACK (acknowledge back to the server), so reducing RWIN can reduce the risk of timeouts, but will reduce the overall throughput, and vice versa. RWIN should be a multiple of your MSS (Maximum Segment Size), especially if RWIN is about 12000 or less.

For anyone else, rather than messing around in the Registry, I'd be inclined to recommend using TweakTester to see if there's any gains to be made in adjusting any of your TCP settings, then using DrTCP to apply those changes. DrTCP doesn't need to be installed. You need to reboot for any changes to take effect.

Don't bother with this if you've got Vista though - it dynamically adjusts your TCP settings anyway, and so far as I know, no registry "tweaks" make any difference.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
I'd be inclined to recommend using TweakTester to see if there's any gains to be made in adjusting any of your TCP settings, then using DrTCP to apply those changes.

I concur. I have been using their tools for years. I check these settings every couple of months. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:19 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
For anyone else, rather than messing around in the Registry, I'd be inclined to recommend using TweakTester to see if there's any gains to be made in adjusting any of your TCP settings, then using DrTCP to apply those changes. DrTCP doesn't need to be installed. You need to reboot for any changes to take effect.

I tried TweakTester and DrTCP and everythig works great. Nice tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:43 am 

Last weekend, I was in the game a lot of times and for the first time
in a long while, I experienced many server's and/or game bugs.

1- Screen freezes.
2- Net 6 error
3- Net 5 error
4- Open Nexus book, empty
5- Somebody's Tsogal (sorry, I do not remember the name) who had two #4 cloths.

And some players I was trying to help also had crashes.

My bugs (except got the Nexus book) happened while I was in someone else ages.

Btw, I am playing the Standalone version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:26 am 

I have been trying to get through the whole 10 min. updating screen time. and network errors trying to log in during the preparing to link main screen. Is all this still happening for everyone else? I just switched to an iMac and i have this problem with the stand alone client. I tried the mac version of gametap and get stuck at searching for updates for uru. At my parents house the Windows XP version of my game still works fine. Just wondering why its screwing up for me on the iMac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Terminator-X wrote:
Is all this still happening for everyone else?

No, sorry. Just for a select unhappy few. See http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... &start=465

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:36 pm 

Terminator-X wrote:
I just switched to an iMac and i have this problem with the stand alone client. I tried the mac version of gametap and get stuck at searching for updates for uru. At my parents house the Windows XP version of my game still works fine. Just wondering why its screwing up for me on the iMac.

An illuminating experiment would be to take the iMac to your parents' house and see if Uru works, and/or see if it works on the Windows machine at your house.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:03 pm 

I want to get all of the stuff I need to get before the first I wish they would do as they say and keep it at 5 minutes its been like an hour and I cant get on still Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Well, I see they're having yet another "routine maintenance" for the server today. It was supposed to be around 5 am EST, and only take 5 minutes.

That was two hours ago, and I'm still getting "No response from serve(r)".

I really wish they'd get their act together.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next