It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:45 pm 

I just saw that and PM'ed Alahmnat, looks like he's the only mod online at the moment...

Thank goodness for new mods! :wink:

~Rils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:45 pm 

Why do I have this mental image of greydragon briefing his mods and then issuing them a large net, an electric cattle-prod, and a Bahro in a sheepdog or collie costume for purposes of explorer-herding? ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:32 am 

lego_addict wrote:
Kedri wrote:
Poor, poor people. Some folks just seem to be allergic to fine print. Makes them sneeze.

Anyways, that NDA is important. I read it through 3 times. What's so hard to understand about "Don't talk about it in public"? Of course, with 1,100 beta testers, who's going to be spoiled? :P

(Just kidding. Do NOT violate the NDA.)

My Mum (who had to sign it) read it through and then I read it through and then she quizzed me on it.

What happens when Open Beta opens? Is our NDA (in the sense that we are not allowed to talk about it on UO or anything like that) lifted in Open Beta, since anyone can come and see it for themselves?

HeHe, not so simple. The open beta will be public, probably you can talk about it...
However, even when beta becomes open you will still not be able to talk about what happened in the actual Beta
IIRC you are prohibited for at least 3 years from talking about it, and some things about it you can never discuss... :oops:

"Things are not what they used to be -- and they never were." Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

When I see a post that doesn't belong in the general forums, I am going to mention it in this thread so that the moderators may resolve the issue. By using this mechanism to address misplaced posts, we don't swamp the original poster with PMs, and we don't swamp the moderators with PMs.

Ump's post here about the Spyroom book missing belongs in beta discussion, not in general: http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1748

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:50 pm 

Marten wrote:
When I see a post that doesn't belong in the general forums, I am going to mention it in this thread so that the moderators may resolve the issue. By using this mechanism to address misplaced posts, we don't swamp the original poster with PMs, and we don't swamp the moderators with PMs.

What we need is a way to alert moderators to such problems, i.e. a "report" button that won't message a particular moderator, but all of them.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:59 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

It seems Marten has come up with an honorable way to hijack a thread. ;) His purpose sure does fit right into my original title. I agree it is as good a place as any so you don't have to worry about PMing a mod who isn't here or blasting all mods. Any mod can see it here. Good idea.

The ability to report a post is often requested. That would be nice too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good idea, Marten. Very sensible.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:49 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Since we don't have a 'Report' button at this time, posting here is a good idea. You can also PM any of us listed as Mods of the forum in question....Maybe just insert a URL in the message body with a subject line of 'Wrong Forum' ? It'll save a bunch of repetitious typing. :wink:

Thanks for staying aware of this. Much as we try to be around, it always seems these posts get through at those times that we are not. :( Your help is appreciated...Thanks again. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I have not visited the forums since '04, really, but now that I'm signed up for beta, I'll try and get back up to speed!
This is dotty's. I may be wrong but I think that people will jump to the correct conclusion that she is in beta. I think any positive beta reference is suspect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:44 am 

Don't see that all it says is that she is signed up for beta, which is probably true of 90% of the posters in the non-beta section of the forum. To be honest I think seeing that post as problematic is a little paranoid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:55 am 

Yes, dotty is in beta, but I don't think that the quoted post says that.

Quote:
I have not visited the forums since '04, really,
That's understandable; lots of people left when the first Live shut down.
Quote:
but now that I'm signed up for beta,
"Signed up for," that is, not "Accepted into."
Quote:
I'll try and get back up to speed!
On current events, not necessarily the new beta.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:09 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

darkstar wrote:
Don't see that all it says is that she is signed up for beta, which is probably true of 90% of the posters in the non-beta section of the forum. To be honest I think seeing that post as problematic is a little paranoid

Agreed. Most all of us at some point have stated that we 'signed up' for beta in the main forums. She's no different. :)

....just noticed....that post was close to 3 weeks ago. Image Now I can't speak for the other Mods, but my own concern is current issues, not past issues. Unless they are extreme violations, of course. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Whitch2 wrote:
darkstar wrote:

Agreed. Most all of us at some point have stated that we 'signed up' for beta in the main forums. She's no different. :)

....just noticed....that post was close to 3 weeks ago. Image Now I can't speak for the other Mods, but my own concern is current issues, not past issues. Unless they are extreme violations, of course. :wink:

ditto; i trust that Cyan has chosen MODS that will take care of their business in a timely manner. how about just "PM'ing" them with a short note and let them take care of it. sorry folks but i have grown tired of the critical posts. :wink: Cyan is going to blow our dresses up when they launch UL. Trust me … let them "Just Do It..." :P :wink:

we are getting Cyan to person posts on the weekends now. when does Cyan sleep now. L0L more pizza ... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for your responses. I think that this thread has already served its purpose. Great idea, Marten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:45 am 
Cyan Employee

semplerfi wrote:
we are getting Cyan to person posts on the weekends now. when does Cyan sleep now. L0L more pizza ... :wink:

My haiku response
Sleep is overrated now
But pizza is not

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next