It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Cyan Employees on Beta
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:28 am 
Cyan Employee

Many of you have asked for a list of official Cyan employees that play on the beta shard. I’ll continue to add KI numbers and employees to his list. On the forum you can tell a Cyan employee by the Cyan rank under their username. On the beta shard you will see

Greydragon
E2d2
Tor’i
Smapty
Gregbert

If these people ask you to try something, please help them out.

Other people in beta might ask to test something. You never have to do what other people tell you to, but many of the explorers are working hard to find bugs in beta. Feel free to help these people test items in the game. Often I don’t have time to setup official tests, so I call on explorers to take a task for me. I don’t post tasks on the forum, but I will make an effort to post them from this point forward.

Keep up the great work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:36 am 

Thanks greydragon! That's good advice about helping people find multiplayer bugs.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:49 am 

Wee, thanks!! Now if only some of you would convert to my timezone... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:18 pm 

Always willing to help Cyan anyway, lol.

I already recognize the names, now to meet them in the cavern. 8)

Thanks for the list GD.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:49 pm 

greydragon wrote:
Often I don’t have time to setup official tests, so I call on explorers to take a task for me. I don’t post tasks on the forum, but I will make an effort to post them from this point forward.

That's awesome! Not that we don't mind wandering around and exploring (it's what we do best!), but if there are particular problems you need help with, I'm sure we'd all be more than happy to help! Just say the word, and we'll break I mean "test" things to your heart's content... :wink:

~Rils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

"Renegade" to "Establishment", huh? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tehl Nava wrote:
Always willing to help Cyan anyway, lol.

I already recognize the names, now to meet them in the cavern. 8)

Thanks for the list GD.

Hey!!! Tor’i was in the Cavern last night!! I recognize that name!! Whoooot!! Nice to see you Tor’i. /Me /Waves :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:07 pm 

hehe laready knew some of them from the forum and the support page :D

will they also appear at times, which are better for europeans? and well, anyone not american?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:09 pm 

thx for the list, GD...that'll be helpful to all of us :)

when it comes to bugs...what i've done is put out a general chat - to other Age Players and/or Neighbors and/or Buddies - to see if anyone else has seen the same thing. also, to find out what they did to work around it and/or get out of it. i also clarify if they've put in a ticket on it. i always include a chatlog in my tickets too...i figure that the conversations will be helpful - even if some of the comments are from others.

if people are in the same age as me, they usually just come over to help out and try to duplicate what i've experienced (which is a good way to determine if it's affecting only female avi's or both). i've also done the same thing. there have been times where i've specifically asked for others to try to duplicate it and that's been asked of me as well.

we need to test what's found...whether it's an 'official' test request from you, GD, or just a spur of the moment test during our regular gameplay!

Image ki #101936

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:40 am 

Como ya puse en mi solicitud para betatester no se ingles :( si alguno me entiende que me conteste por favor.....no me deja registrarme en el support asi que no puedo reportar lo que falla ( ya lo puse en mi zona del foro ) pero no he obtenido respuesta,asi que pruebo aqui ( si es soy un :evil: :twisted: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:51 am 
Obduction Backer

mamen wrote:
Como ya puse en mi solicitud para betatester no se ingles :( si alguno me entiende que me conteste por favor.....no me deja registrarme en el support asi que no puedo reportar lo que falla ( ya lo puse en mi zona del foro ) pero no he obtenido respuesta,asi que pruebo aqui ( si es soy un :evil: :twisted: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

[begin machine translation] As I already put in my request to betatester not English if some it understands to me that it answers to me please .....it does not let to me register to me in support so I cannot report what fails (already I put it in my zone of the forum) but I have not obtained answer,so I prove here (if it is I am :evil: :twisted: ) :lol: :lol: :lol: [end machine translation]

You know ... I'm not sure the translation is any clearer than my pidgeon understanding of the original spanish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually, there is a real problem here. I knew this would happen when Greydragon added the additional language forums. Mamen apparently believes that someone at Cyan is reading and understanding the new forums as carefully as they do the English forums.

"I already put it in my zone (Spanish forum?), but received no answer"

The new forums were not intended, as I understood them, to function just like the English forums. It might be nice, if Cyan had a room full of translators and multilingual admins but I don't think that is the case.

The new forums are for duscussion among native speakers of each language. That's all, I think....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mamen's post belongs indead in the Spanish section.
Rusty Russell quoted that post already there. Thanks.
It is not the meaning that people post here in the English forum in their native language.
Ok there was a topic about "what language do you speak?" and in there we were mentioning words etc in a foreign language, but that was something different as the post from Mamen.
So let us keep the English section clear to understand for everyone and if you want to post something in your native language, please do that in the section from your language.

Please go back to topic.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:41 am 

Veralun? A Mod? I know Veralun....from GOG? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes Corona, Veralun from the GOG and from TCT/CCN. He's a very busy bee. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next