It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:38 pm 

I'd like to start a thread as a reminder that there are still many of us who still have the problem of not being able to get PhysX 2.6.0. to install and work properly. I ask for everyone with this problem to post here with the hope that we will not be forgotten.
My history with the problem is that I had downloaded and installed the new PhysX installer as soon as it became available. Then we were told to uninstall Uru Live before going after the Update 8. I did so and in the process of the reinstall, the installer UNinstalled PhysX 2.6.0. OK, so I reinstalled it and then received for the first time the "2.6.0. is not installed" error.
This began a series of uninstalls, reinstalls, installing from Aegia, installing from the extras folder in Uru Live, registry cleaning, I have done it ALL, with the same results every time......"2.6.0. is not installed."
One thing I have noticed is that in the AEGIA PhysX Properties, on the Info tab, it says "No AEGIA PhysX Processor Installed" above the complete list of PhysX engines that ARE installed!
I run WinXP Pro SP2 and wonder if I should try the installer that user Paradox has for Win2K users? This is very frustrating and I encouage anyone with similar (or any Aegia 2.6.0.) problems to please post here as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:47 pm 

LaReh wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that in the AEGIA PhysX Properties, on the Info tab, it says "No AEGIA PhysX Processor Installed" above the complete list of PhysX engines that ARE installed!

This means that you don't have a PhysX hardware accelerator (PPU) installed. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX for more informations about PhysX and PPU.

You don't need a PPU card to play Uru Live and you can safely ignore the message.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:51 pm 

Had the same problem using the URUinstaller. After uninstalling Ageia completly using the uninstalloption of Windows and rerunning the URUinstaller Ageia was properly installed. Maybe this will work for others too. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Uru Live Support Team is looking into this. I will post details here from my submitted ticket 9355-TYDV-2456.

D'Lanor wrote:
At startup the Uru Live Beta 8 installer fails to notice the presence of PhysX 2.6.0. This only happens if PhysX 2.6.0 was already installed from the installer on the Ageia site.

The UL installer then places a check in the PhysX 2.6.0 box and says (new version). Clicking next leads to removal of all engines. This can be verified in the Ageia Control Panel applet which reports "no engines installed".

I attempted to fix this by running the Uru Live Beta installer again: Even though no PhysX engines were present, there was no checkmark in the PhysX 2.6.0 box. I checked it and then PhysX 2.6.0 (plus included previous engines) were re-installed properly.

Tor'i wrote:
Thanks for this information D'Lanor. I will get back to you when I am able to discuss this with others. In the meantime I am going to leave this open - I just wanted to let you know this is being addressed.

Thanks,

Tor'i
Uru Live Support Team

D'Lanor wrote:
Additional information: the "fix" I described does not work. Uru Live now keeps telling me that "PhysX is not installed or is the wrong version".

But when I check the Ageia Control Panel applet it reports that PhysX 2.6.0 is installed. I am glad I tested this on my spare machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:07 pm 

Thanks D'Lanor, it helps to know that someone may be working on it soon. I have an update in my own troubleshooting here, I have now tried the Paradox W2K installer and got the same results.
Not installed or wrong version.........arrrrgh. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:20 pm 

I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, unchecked, checked, reinstalled again and the PhysX issue above is still occuring. I have been told one more way to try and install URU with the PhysX driver but I am sure I have done it that way as I have reinstalled over 20 times now to no end.

The result of at the end of all this is that on logging in it CTD and the message that PhysX is either the wrong version or not installed continues to pop-up.

Hope the powers that be do not walk away from this issue of installation as we all know...if you cannot install a game you have bought or downloaded...you cannot play it.

Keep the faith and hopefully in short tmie Cyan et al will have discovered the problem and resolve it.

CheerS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

This probably won't help but I'll pass it on. I got stuck in a similar cycle because of the patcher loop. I finally noticed that the install wizard was alternately UNINSTALLING 2.6.0 and installing it each time I ran the Cyan installer. It seems to think that if it's already installed you must then want to uninstall it. Somehow the phyx thing got out of synch with everything else. I resolved it by just installing phyx from the installer options list, broke the cycle and was able to move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:10 pm 

I've tried that also Shorahmin. I've got to be honest, I am sick of all of this installing and uninstalling to no success. And to echo aallan, if we can't get this running, how can we ever play it? This is a major drag. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:10 pm 

Same here. I know about PhysX uninstalling if a version of it already exists on the drive. I am going to attempt a suggestion Traveller has posted. I have to admit though, I am not optimistic.

Installation should not have all these problems. With the number of issues risen from this new update, although many seem to have resolved their probs, I think there is a problem in paradise. And a launch date is fast approaching.

Anyway, as I said before, I am going to attempt another install later tonight. Fingers crossed, a beverage on hand, and a cup of Advil.

I am sure Cyan et al will resolve this...and I hope they will frequently communicate this. The forums arena is a tough resource to find solutions. I would rather they give us a single updated news page (bulletin) and focus on solid working installation of URU. That will continue to be my hope.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Please try here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

I had to install about 3 times. I have been able to get to Relto, but in linking to another age takes an hour or two (the time on the bar....not exagerating), then I get stuck at the Updating screen. Is this related to the PhysX problem???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

No Rick, it is not PhysX problem. Sometimes the downloader makes a glitch and a file is being downloaded forever. I wrote in another thread:

Quote:
After the game started, first and foremost I switched to windowed mode. I quickly entered all ages, the city, the hood, GZ etc in order to download everything (the desert had to be solved, of course). While doing so the download crashed twice and had to kill the program and restart. The symptoms and how to follow the download:

a) It is advisable that at the beginning of the whole download procedure you open the dat subfolder of Uru Live in a separate file manager window. Set the file pane so that the files are arranged according to Date modified, the newest files atop.

b) Open Task Manager and switch to the Networking tab.

c) While the files are being downloaded, you can see in the file window how the actual file is growing. This depends on, of course, how fast is your connection. I think that there is an upper limit though, in my case (cable connection) the speed never exceeded 220 kilobytes/sec.

d) In my case there was a flaw twice - when downloading the huge GreatZero_District_Textures.prp and Personal_District_psnlMYSTII.prp files. The length of the files were constantly 0 bytes in the file manager while the Task manager showed that something is being continuously downloaded. After a few minutes I killed uruexplorer.exe from within Task manager. After restarting the program the download was normally continued.

----

I also had PhysX problem. I uninstalled it and reinstalled using the uru-supplied installer PhysX_20060928_SystemSoftware.exe found in the extras subfolder, this solved the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am beginning to suspect that the error "PhysX is not installed or wrong version" is not an installation problem but an incompatibility problem between my system and PhysX 2.6. By that I do not mean the Win2K problem. I have XP Pro.
  1. I uninstalled Uru Live, made sure the Uru Live directory was properly removed, made sure the registry entry Cyanworlds, Inc.\Installer was properly removed
  2. I uninstalled AGEIA PhysX through Add/Remove Programs, made sure the Program Files\AGEIA Technologies directory was properly removed, made sure the Registry entry AGEIA Technologies was properly removed.
  3. Rebooted the pc
  4. Re-installed Uru Live Beta including PhysX. This time Uru Live installer correctly detects missing PhysX and places the checkmark. Both are installed, Uru starts patching. After login I get "not installed or wrong version" again.
  5. Compared AGEIA registry entries with those on my other machine with working Uru Live Beta: they are identical
  6. Compared Cyanworlds, Inc. entries for both machines: identical as well (except InstallPath)

When checking the AGEIA Control Panel for installed engines I decide to run the PhysX Boxes demo... and then it happens: the boxes demo crashes! "AGEIA PhysX Boxes Demonstration has encountered a problem and needs to close".

My second machine is an old AMD Athlon 700 MHz, so old that it has only 256MB RAM and a GeForce 256 graphics card (yep, that is the very first GeForce). In spite of that it could run the Uru Live Beta with PhysX 2.5.1.

I am wondering what the system specs are of others who have this problem? Can you run the boxes demo?

Edit: Added processor type.

Last edited by D'Lanor on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

It runs on both of my machines, with Radeon 7500 and Radeon 9600XT. As I wrote above, in both cases I installed PhysX manually using PhysX_20060928_SystemSoftware.exe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:51 pm 

/wave @ D'Lanor. 8)
Hi guy,
I tried the same 6 step thing you just posted with no success. The boxes demo also crashes for me but I doubt (read hope) that it's not a compatibility problem. My system specs are as follows:
AMD Athlon 1 gig processor, 900 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB RAM video card, Creative SB Audigy audio card, 160 GB hard drive.

Also thanks to Rusty and Norfren but I've tried all of your suggestions already too with no luck. Thanks for trying though! 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next