It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:38 pm 

aallan wrote:
Have to admit...with all the get togethers in the City to test capacity and the like....I feel a tad left out. :(

I wish i could be there too, but i have the same Physx problem. On top of that, players from my country are not allowed yet.... How's that for feeling left out? :roll:
Have patience, we will all be there some day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:15 am 

nikolas wrote:
I wish i could be there too, but i have the same Physx problem. On top of that, players from my country are not allowed yet.... How's that for feeling left out? :roll:
Have patience, we will all be there some day!

I am beginning to feel like a foreigner myself LOL. And I just got my passsport updated! :P

Cheers nikolas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:08 pm 

I had been using a newer machine and decided to check out the beta on the family PC. It's an AMD Athlon 1.2, probably about 4 years old. :shock: Yes, I too have the "physx not installed or older version is installed" loop problem.

I tried most of the suggestions here including trying all the Physx installs available from the AGEIA website. Interestingly, when I installed the oldest version out there (2.5.1), the Physx Demo worked but it did not resolve the problem myst_online_beta has with Physx on this machine.

I have logged the issue. I hope we see a resolution before open beta or my son will be hounding me for access to my PC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:37 pm 

I do not think you will see a resolution until the very end. Of course it has been indicated by other that Ageia is trying to help Cyan resolve the issue. That in of itself may mean a fix after launch. Its not a priority for Cyan et al since there are other serious issues for them to deal with.

In the end we all would not want them to launch until things are set to rights and URU is a pretty solid product.

I admit I am frustrated being left out, heck I guess my posts demonstrate that frustration, but.......even so.......they got to get it running smoothly for the majority that can get in. In the end good things come to those that wait.....hopefully waiting will pay off.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm 

Greetings eoin and welcome to the "Outsiders Club". Sorry to hear about your trouble with this glitch, of course, but the more people affected and complaining will hopefully influence Ageia to expedite this matter and work with Cyan to get us in game soon, sooner than launch too! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:24 pm 

All I did the last five weeks in beta is watching the "Missing PhysX" message. There is no fun any more. The support ran out of ideas to try a month ago.
Are they still working on the problem?

Last edited by Wolfgang on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:43 pm 

Both Cyan and Ageia are aware of the glitch which seems to be a problem with the Ageia installer. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

I too have been unable to take part in the beta, due to being able to get past the PhysX installer bug. I doubt I'll be able to afford a subscription once it goes live, so I hope Ageia can get the installer fixed before the end of the open beta.

-Classicsmiley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:12 pm 

I hope that everyone has submitted reports/tickets to Cyan about your PhysX problems and also written to Ageia about it. Posting here is definitely not enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:50 pm 

Looking at my open tickets, many of which I closed since they dealt with update 7 and are no longer valid since I cannot get in......I have the PhysX bug reported 2 times and the last response Cyan game me when they asked if I was using a legal copy of XP (whats that about) I have had not support ...I have inquired but have had no responses.

I have to say their support is awful....but I am giving them room as I think this really is their first time dealing with a game of this nature. BUT the support better be 100% better on launch day. Its just a suggestion from me as I am sure we have all had good and bad experiences with support for other software, hardware, etc.

I would like to see a separate CLEAR and UPDATED board indicating what issues they are focussing on so as to know how to deal with my/our issue. This can only help us in beta testing.

In the mean time lets wait and see what Cyan comes up with for us and other having issues with getting in. Lets give them a little more time and see what they say.

Now.....its back to Xmas shopping. Lets all enjoy the season and holidays here and coming up. Maybe Cyan will have a little present under the tree for us.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

you can go to http://update.microsoft.com to run thier validation software and confirm with Microsof tthat you have a valid copy. if you have already done that, then update the ticket with it. Update weekly with the problem is still happening so that the helpdesk will be aware of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:33 am 

LaReh wrote:
and also written to Ageia about it.

Wouldn't that violate the NDA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

greypiffle wrote:
you can go to http://update.microsoft.com to run thier validation software and confirm with Microsof tthat you have a valid copy. if you have already done that, then update the ticket with it. Update weekly with the problem is still happening so that the helpdesk will be aware of it.

There is an easier way to tell. If you have recently been able to install IE7 or Windows Media Player 11 then your Windows XP copy is valid. They refuse to install on invalid copies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Wolfgang wrote:
LaReh wrote:
and also written to Ageia about it.

Wouldn't that violate the NDA?

Not anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:37 pm 

greypiffle wrote:

Thanks but I do have a valid version of Windows XP and told them as such. I did do updates to the situation when they introduce new patches/updates. But still no reply. I do not expect one since they are most likely still working on it or waiting for Ageia or whomever. BUT I would like an update as to progress or what they are doing about it. Silence is annoying and not the best of support.

So, lets just say I have done everything I can do except reinstall a clean windows (not happening and should not have to) or buy a new machine (planning to but not because of URU).

I suppose the only way I could get a response from them is I write to them in support everyday and become more annoying to them as I am sure I have been in the past if they have read my posts.

Cheers! and back to work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next