It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:12 pm 

At least I have the URU music to tide me over. Ah....I remember the good old days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:59 pm 
Cyan Employee

aallan wrote:
Looking at my open tickets, many of which I closed since they dealt with update 7 and are no longer valid since I cannot get in......I have the PhysX bug reported 2 times and the last response Cyan game me when they asked if I was using a legal copy of XP (whats that about) I have had not support ...I have inquired but have had no responses.

Now aallan I am looking at the support ticket right now and we never asked if you had a legal copy of XP. I'll quote what the support team wrote.

"By any chance do you have an unconventional Windows OS installation? Is the OS installed to a different drive or partition other than the C drive?"

We ask questions like this because we have not been able to reproduce this problem in house.

The issue you are talking about does sound like an Ageia issue and I would contact them. http://support.ageia.com/ics/support/de ... eptID=4107

We are continuing to work hard to make sure everyone can get in at launch.

Quote:
I have to say their support is awful....but I am giving them room as I think !

We are working our hardest. We have 24 hour support looking into the issues.

Peace,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:39 pm 

greydragon wrote:
The issue you are talking about does sound like an Ageia issue and I would contact them.

GD, I have contacted Ageia and have received no response or reply. All of the forum posters who have been helping to troubleshoot this problem are in agreement that it is, indeed, an Ageia installer issue. But, in the hearts and minds of the rabid fans who've been shut out since Update 8, the lack of response to this issue is frustrating at best and heartbreaking at worst.
Is Cyan making it known to Ageia that they need to clear this up quickly?
They're not answering me (and others) maybe they'll answer you! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:21 am 

Quote:
The issue you are talking about does sound like an Ageia issue and I would contact them. http://support.ageia.com/ics/support/de ... eptID=4107

Thanks for the update and clarification on the unclear use of the English language. I guess I was wrong thinking with Cyan using the PhysX engine in their product they would be the ones to deal with it.

And I did contact Ageia and they were unaware, at the time, as to it being used in URU and all they said was they would contact certain individuals as to the issue. Short and sweet.....and not reassuring.

I understand Cyan is busy BUT communication helps to reassure work on solving this and other probs is continuous.

Since I cannot access or do not know where there is a forum or bulletin board that shows what issues Cyan is currently dealing with, well, it tells me nothing from a beta tester point-of-view as to progress or priorities. In other words it leaves me and others in limbo and wonder as to where things stand.

Communication is important to a beta tester and periods of silence is disconcerting. I know of a few friends who have already walked away due to bug issues. Sorry.

I will sit back and wait for future updates/patches/fixes in the hopes that the update list will show a PhysX solution. Until then, I have nothing to report as a beta tester. My lips are sealed until then. Back to the real world.

Cheers!

(The last rant for me....getting off my soap box)

PS - up here in the business I am in, "unconventional" is a quiet way of saying/asking is it "illegal" or "somewhat...uhum...modified".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:28 pm 

I wish I could get in to play Uru... I got into the game exactly once, right when the beta started.... then I have never been able to get back in again due to this Physx thing. I have tried everything suggested and nothing works. I just tried again today and still cannot get into the game at all. And to be honest, I have lost interest.... I probably wont bother trying to play Uru when it becomes available for the general public, either. It is really ironic, because I used to be a pretty rabid fan. But now when I think of Uru, I just get a feeling of frustration .... it does not make me want to try again. I am sure it is a great game and I am sure a lot of people are having fun running around in there, exploring, but this is one old lady who won't be joining you, unless I get really really lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

There's a reason they call it beta... and not everyone is suited for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:10 pm 

Oh, fine, Alahmnat.... if I didn't feel like beating my head against the wall to play URU before... then I *really* don't, now!!! Man, I remember when the Myst family used to be helpful and welcoming... I guess things sure have changed. That pretty much settles my question about how much I wanted to try to play URU Live after it becomes a publicly available game! Thank you so much for helping me make my decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Perhaps I should clarify, as you seem to have misinterpreted my comment.

Uru is currently in beta. There are bugs, there are problems, and that is, in fact, the norm at this point in a game's development. Players should expect frustrating circumstances, computer problems, and software issues as part of the routine. This particular problem happens to be outside of Cyan's direct control, but again, this is beta. It's something to be expected.

When the game launches, there should be far fewer bugs and problems than there currently are, and I've seen the game make considerable strides in that regard in the time I've been able to get in. Things seem to be going, for the most part, better than they were the last time Uru was released, with the remaining bugs being, naturally, the hardest to track down and resolve.

The PhysX issue is an Ageia-related problem, however, and all we and Cyan can do is wait for Ageia to fix the problem on their end. As such, the looping installer may not be fixed in time for launch, but I would expect it to be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:40 pm 

As a Gametap subscriber, I became eligible today to try the Uru Live beta through them. The PhysX installation problems are no different. I know, it was a vain hope but it was a hope regardless. Oh well. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:25 pm 

LaReh wrote:
As a Gametap subscriber, I became eligible today to try the Uru Live beta through them. The PhysX installation problems are no different. I know, it was a vain hope but it was a hope regardless. Oh well. :cry:

According to Russel the MOUL installer through GT is 100% the same as the standalone installer.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:40 pm 

Tiran wrote:
LaReh wrote:

According to Russel the MOUL installer through GT is 100% the same as the standalone installer.

Yes, I learned that the hard way today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:35 pm 

Hello everyone, this is my very first post here. I have the same Physx bug, and I'm unable to log in since Build 8 due to the Physx bug. I opened a ticket, got no answer but I know there's a lot of work to do for open beta and launch, so... I hope one day 8)
It could be a good news, the latest Physx driver (v2.6.3) is now available on http://www.ageia.com/drivers/drivers.html. Hope this will help, at least for you, because it doesn't work for me :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:16 am 

Shorah franlean, sorry to hear about your trouble but welcome to the "Outsiders Club", that is, we who are on the outside looking in due to the PhysX problem.
The new fix doesn't work for me either but I didn't expect it to since Ageia never mentioned that this new driver would fix the installation loop problem. They are aware of it and will hopefully get a fix for it eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:05 am 

I just tried installing GameTAP and URU on my other machine today. It too could run the game up to build8. THis machine is an AMD Athlon CPU and it has the same problem everyone here is having with PhysX. That machine is running XP Home. It is at least an 8 years old and I did not expect the game to run.

I have since tried installing the game on several different but newer computers and it has worked just fine on all of them. I am begining to think it is the older Athlons that have the problem altho you all may have figured that out already.

If I get some time (working way too much lately) I am going to make upgrades one piece at a time to the machine that is not working and see which part fixes the problem.

Has anyone tried upgrading hardware. I saw in an earlier reply that someone had upgraded their mother board and was able to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:08 pm 

Sudre wrote:
I just tried installing GameTAP and URU on my other machine today. It too could run the game up to build8. THis machine is an AMD Athlon CPU and it has the same problem everyone here is having with PhysX. That machine is running XP Home. It is at least an 8 years old and I did not expect the game to run.

If the system fulfils the requirements for the game I'd expect it to work no matter if the machine was purchased yesterday or ten years ago.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next