It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:10 pm 

Wolfgang wrote:
Sudre wrote:
I just tried installing GameTAP and URU on my other machine today. It too could run the game up to build8. THis machine is an AMD Athlon CPU and it has the same problem everyone here is having with PhysX. That machine is running XP Home. It is at least an 8 years old and I did not expect the game to run.

If the system fulfils the requirements for the game I'd expect it to work no matter if the machine was purchased yesterday or ten years ago.

Amen to that. It amazes me how often people insist on blaming the Athlon for Ageia's problem. Ageia knows what the issue is and it involves their installer. Those of us who are locked out by this problem had NO problems before Update 8 and the changes Ageia made to their installer.
No upgrade is going to magically fix the problem. It has to do with how the updated program installed the first time we used it. Somehow it made a so far unseen change to the registry or OS that has created the loop that we can't get out of. Someone will figure it out sooner or later but even I have to admit my patience is wearing thin.
I think that Cyan and GameTap need to lean on Ageia a little harder to get this done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:04 pm 

no comment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:26 pm 

I ran up to the local mom and pop computer store Saturday and purchased a newer Main board with a newer AMD Athlon chip... just something a little better than what was in the machine. The new main board accepted all the old hardware so I was able to just turn it on and run the XP disk to get the new board and the operating system working right.

I then ran the Beta URU and was able to get past the PhyX loop. SO it's not great news. It's not any of the graphivs card, sound cards or anything else. I think this pretty much proves it is not Cyans game but Ageia engine. THat sucks!

Hopefully Ageia will get a fix out for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:49 pm 

Breaking the silence.....

Well, they are on to next phase which means the next selection for testers will be the elite group of us who have been getting in and reporting large numbers of bugs. That leaves us out in the cold I guess.

Well, I have to admit I am glad I have not been getting in since that means that in the distant future if I decide to try URU again there will be some unknown things to discover.

Until then, have a Merry Xmas folks, Happy Holidays and the like. I hope you someday you will get in to URU.

Cheers!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17