It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:22 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:25 am 

Celestial Hero wrote:
Got the update completed, but it looks like the server still isn't letting me in yet.

The DRC is putting all the cones back in place. If you guys would quit kicking them all over the place!
You know how long it takes them to fish'm out of the river?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:27 am 

Cups and cakes
Cups and cakes
I'm so full my tummy aches

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:30 am 

Recreated account. But I must wait now 'til I'm back in Windows. :3

(edit - waiting for activation e-mail)
(edit - another note, why is the password field not a password type text box with the stars and stuff? o.o)

* Contemplates using VMWare *

KI #00449231

Last edited by Samui on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:31 am 
Obduction Backer

hehe...
perhaps they try to open the doors for all of us simultaneously ? :wink:

stress test *gg*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:31 am 

OK, so now that I have the updated installer downloaded, do I need to uninstall Uru Live and reinstall it, as with the last update?

KI #00063063

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:32 am 

Oh @#$% Here we go again good old Knet access denied :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:32 am 

TheDoctor wrote:
OK, so now that I have the updated installer downloaded, do I need to uninstall Uru Live and reinstall it, as with the last update?

As long as you have reinstalled since update 8 you shouldn't need to do it again for update 9 from what I understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Anybody IN yet?

I've gotten the successful account creation screen, but my attempts to log in are met with an "account not created" error message.

WHEE!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:36 am 
Obduction Backer

MercAngel wrote:
Patcher crashes

Yes, it crashes on one of my pc's. "UruLauncher.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". On the other pc it patched ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:36 am 

Here is something I originally posted on my own website back in 2003. Being we seem to have some time on our hands . . . Original Link

I normally do not post items here that originated at work, but after I wrote this e-mail, I just felt the need to share it . . . and this is based on a real situation:

One of the tickets sent over this morning from the help desk was a ticket to close another existing ticket (which the help desk appears to have reopened to so that we could close it as part of the ticket to close that ticket, per the ticket providing permission to close the original ticket that appears to have been incorrectly closed without a ticket closing ticket, but I'm getting off topic here).

Now, as a point of policy, do we require a ticket to close the ticket providing permission to close the other ticket, or do we consider the ticket providing closure for the other ticket to be be providing permission to close the ticket, the ticket providing permission and any previous ticket about the original ticket? Or does the ticket closing ticket also require a separate ticket closing ticket, which itself will require a ticket closing ticket of its own (creating the opportunity for a slippery slope false economy of tickets closing tickets closing tickets, ad nauseum).

Does the help desk have enough resources to process all of the ticket closing tickets closing closing tickets, especially if the ticket closing ticket closes a ticket closing ticket, which may itself close a ticket closing a ticket. Obviously, this is not a quick close situation, as the ticket closing ticket cannot be closed until the ticket being closed has been closed, which itself may not be closed till closure of any ticket the ticket closing ticket is acting as the closure ticket. Thus the economy of the ticket closing ticket closure workflow is severely hampered by the need to verify a ticket closing ticket and the closure of the ticket being closed. The amount of work being suggested by the workflow of one ticket closing another ticket is great enough to require a new ticket opened as a project to track the work and resources of the ticket closing ticket, the ticket closing the closing ticket and the ticket being closed, and also possibly the ticket closing the ticket open the track the project started by the ticket closing ticket. As the opening of a project requires a ticket opening ticket, the closing of the ticket opening ticket requires a ticket to open the project ticket, a ticket to close the ticket opening the project ticket, a ticket closing the ticket opening the ticket for the project, a ticket to track the project of opening the ticket opening the ticket to track the project, to open the ticket to to close the project tracking the ticket to close the ticket opened to track the work as the project of supporting the original ticket, which itself requires a ticket to open a ticket to close the ticket to close the ticket, etc, etc, etc.

It seems to me that we need at least one member of the help desk to manage all of these tickets, and given the amount of resources this will require to mange, a ticket should be opened with OCC (kept open till a ticket providing permission to close that ticket, which requires a ticket be opened to track the project of tracking the ticket to open the project to issue the tickets to close the tickets tracking the project) to track the outage that will more than likely result from the tickets opening tickets opening projects to open tickets to close tickets. Also, someone should open a ticket to open a ticket to create a project (and open another ticket to close the ticket opening the ticket that creates the project, after verifying that the project is open, by creating a ticket to check the project with a follow-up ticket to check the project, which will require a ticket to open the project checking the ticket that opens the project to check the ticket that opens the project for the ticket checking project ticket) to contact our storage vendor. It seems a study (for which a ticket should be opened to open a ticket to track the project to conduct the study about our ticket tracking ticket project tickets) of our need for storage for the ticket tracking database tracking tickets tracking projects (for which tickets will need to be opened to open tickets tracking project tickets tracking ticket project tickets tracking tickets opening tickets tracking ticket closing ticket project tickets).

Now that all that is clear, thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:38 am 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor wrote:
MercAngel wrote:
Patcher crashes

Yes, it crashes on one of my pc's. "UruLauncher.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". On the other pc it patched ok.

fixed had to uninstall and reinstall

but now it is takeing for ever to download the update

looks like pyhsX is what is takeing so long i think they need to take it back out and have it be part of the install again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
*Feature Request: The patcher now downloads the ACA, Relto, Cleft and Neighborhood at launch (before the Login screen)

http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1971

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:47 am 

So, I've re-registered, downloaded all of the stuff, and now I can't get in because of kneterrLoginDenied.

*sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:47 am 

MercAngel wrote:
looks like pyhsX is what is takeing so long i think they need to take it back out and have it be part of the install again

perhaps we might finish this one before we second guess it.

Patience everyone... patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:48 am 

I am going to go take a shower now... so as soon as I walk away the servers should be ready to go...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next