It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:29 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:48 am 

Shorah,
We are a group that focuses on finding bugs and especially multi-user bugs, problems in the system that involve two or more users. Such as five or more users in an age looking for anything that shouldn't happen, but would only be noticed or tested if there is more then one person to witness it.

For example- In Gahreesen (unless this has been fixed since the ticket submission) If you have two people using the elevators at the same time the game with glitch and sometimes drop one of them through the floor or you will walk out floating in the hallway instead of on the floor. If your just hunting for bugs alone you would never find this.

We have noticed that people in the city are usually busy in casual conversation, aimlessly jumping at barriers, or pushing around cones. To bring some focus into bug hunting we created M.U.S.I.C -Multi-User System Inspection Consortium.

We hope to create a community dedicated to organizing and coordinating bug hunt events in parts of the game that usually do not see high user traffic, such as the ages involved in Yeesha's journey (places that do not usually see more then three or four users at a time).

And we hope to provide a means to easily discuss bugs such as to find ways of reproducing them. As well as provide an area for just general bug discussion within the game.

As a member you will have access to the M.U.S.I.C bevin, a place to meet other members who share the same interest of focused bug hunting. Stop in to help out with bug hunt events, find people for help with any small bug hunts or tests, and to organize large scale bug related events.

We have too often linked to the city to get help with a hunt or quick test and only found people who were not interested (or were still too new to the game to really provide help). We hope the M.U.S.I.C group will provide a means to aviate this problem.

For admittance into M.U.S.I.C please PM me. In the beginning out admittance policy was very lax. But, this had its problems. Now we have opted to interview and get to know those that wish to join. This is just to make sure each new member is as focused and to keep out the bad apples, if you will.

It's not some lengthy interview. We just want to make sure your not someone who stays interested with the game for a few days, then gets board. We'll probably take you on a bug hut or event with us and see how you like it.

The bevin is set to private. This is mostly to prevent random assignment of new players to our bevin.

PM me with your Ki number and name if you want to join.

Happy hunting!

Last edited by Ja'run on Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:21 am 

I've done two age rushes today, one Gahreesen and one Teledahn... There are LOTS of state errors with multiple players... I posted quite a log about them to the bug tracker. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:33 pm 

I know alot of you are signing up in Uru itself, but if you plan to, please post a reply to help bump the topic. Thanks all who are in so far, lets keep the flow coming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:37 pm 

I'd like to join as well ... just don't have the time to play at the moment. I'll post my KI number later once I login to see what it is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:41 pm 

New member as of last night:

TimothyWeary 00246241

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:43 pm 

While I might join in the future with my regular Sudre. Currently I have no problems going to the city to find ppl to test ages with. You really don't need a dedicated group. Just one or two to do the actually bug hunting and others to... take up space..lol The more ppl the more bugs. However if you could send me an invite to the hood thru the KI, I'd be happy to pop in when I am in the mood to do some real group bug squishing. My KI is, 281567

I would really like to test my Gahreesen Door bugs with my avy that has no KI. To do this I will need to make him a member of the MUSIC hood, since he can not access the Nexus. We'd have to meet up in his current hood, which I think is Dan'nee's Bevin. If you are interested send me a PM in the forum and I will fill you in on the details. It'd be nice to have more then one person there without a KI, but having an avy without a KI is a real pain in the....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:41 pm 

I'd love to help.

My KI is 00288590.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Hmm...

Bit clique-esque, isn't this? Is there really a need for this? I know that there are many people in the city who'd be willing to help - the number of people standing and chatting for hours on end really is quite limited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:10 am 

I think it's a good idea to at leave a sort of 'meeting place' for people who want to test. I've found that when I try to get people in the city to go exploring, I annoy them as often as not.

As long as I'm not required to join the neighborhood to participate, it sounds OK to me.

RMC: Where the men are men. (And so are the women)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:23 am 
Obduction Backer

I am always always game for multi-player age testing. :D

My KI# is 00306705. I'd love to join a neighborhood where I actually have some neighbors! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:47 am 

I'm willing to join. KI: 00250161

I think it's a good idea, and join that bahro does not hurt as we will definitely have several vault wipe until live. And yes I have/had the same problem when I was standing in the Ferry station begging for a party or group not even for serious bug hunting but for playing... not even one reply I got. So I'm ready :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:15 am 

b-guy wrote:
As long as I'm not required to join the neighborhood to participate, it sounds OK to me.

The hood is to keep it focused. And, since this is just a beta there aren't any themed or group neighborhoods yet, really. So I could understand that if this was in game with the full game going, but right now pretty much all asspects of the story and community of the game are suspended, so we though joining a private hood wouldn't be so bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:18 am 

Jaron will be signed on from now till sometime into the night, if you want to join, pm him.

Any other members- if you see this and will be on tonight, post and says so if you want to help with new members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:21 am 

I tried PM some of you earlier but the KI is acting up again. I'll try again later when I sign on again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks! Sounds like a good organization.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next