It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:22 am 

People have been testing Ages with multiple users since beta started...

But I suppose this is a good way to get organized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:56 am 
Obduction Backer

This sounds great I have found it hard to find people to test with because everyone is going in and out so fast I cant talk to them so this way I might be able to find someone :).

KI # 00425878

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:43 am 

Sure I'm in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:28 am 

A good point for having a hood to test from - we have discovered that if you are having Ki troubles with your buddies lists and messaging, the neighborhood connection seems stable through it all.

An example to illustrate:

I have had repeated troubles with losing voice and text chat when bringing folks to my Relto or in going to theirs. Tonight I got a nice surprise. It turns out that sending text to "Neighbors" kept working when everything else died. This gave us a workaround when either myself or others had previously been reduced to jumping and sitting to indicate "Yes or "No" to questions.

And another:

We have had several reports of people getting their buddy and age player lists to work again upon linking in to the hood after join-up. Basically, they joined, linked in and, if there was a problem, they logged out, then back in again. Voila! the buddy list and age players worked once more. (Thanks to Joel aka "Moleculor" for discovering that, by the way!)

TheIslander: We really aren't interested in cliques, honestly. As you can see above, it's got a very practical side to it. And hey... we're happy to work with anyone, whether they are from our neighbourhood or another or have none at all. It's all good! (And it all gives Cyan valuable debug data... the more the merrier. After all, they want this game to be working for all permutations of play style availalbe in-game.) The neigborhood just helps us meet, organize and figure out what to break next. :D

There are lots of play styles for folks to choose from. Different neighborhoods could easily cover them all. We are focussing on swarming an age and finding the weak spots en mass. But smaller and larger groups work too. The main thing is to stretch the game like silly putty and report where it comes unglued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:06 pm 

I joined this neighborhood last night and not I felt like I was really able to help out somehow. (It was alot of fun too though). Joining this group is giving me a much needed refresher course in KI usage also. Thanks everybody. Now if someone could just help me remember how to do that blankety blank floor puzzle......

P.S. I promise I'll get a mic soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

In attempts to make this like an official group I think we should at least post the bugs that we are witnessing in detail for everyone else to see. So, if anyone else from MUSIC has anything else to add to this report please do so.

Bug Update for November 28, 2006:

M.U.S.I.C members present: Braggi, JKC, and djlumberjack

Test 1:
We attempted to test some linking issues with Kadish and the Gallery today. The first thing we attempted was linking all three of us to JKC's Kadish age. Once we were all there we attempted linking into the gallery one at a time. First trial, I went through first and made it to the gallery successfully. Braggi attempted to link next but got stuck at the book. We all relinked back to JKC's Kadish again for a second trial. First JKC went in, and then Braggi attempted to follow, again hitting the same stuck book problem. I let them know that opening the KI and reclosing it again will get you unstuck from the book, however, no further links could be made.

We then told JKC to stay at the gallery while me and Braggi linked back to his Kadish. I went to link to the gallery and made it through. Braggi, again could not link through, but upon a relink to JKC's kadish he was able to finally make it to the gallery. We all made it to the gallery, but with some ghosting issues. Here is how the ghosting web went:

Braggi was able to hear both me and JKC, but couldn't see me nor JKC.
JKC was able to see me and Braggi, but could not hear me nor Braggi.
I was able to see Braggi, but I couldn't see JKC, however I was able to hear JKC, but I could not hear Braggi.

Sound like a mess? It was, lol.

Test 2:
When we all attempted to link back to JKC's kadish by sharing the book in the gallery what ended up happening was Braggi first shared the book to link JKC back, and he crashed. Braggi shared the book with me next and I made it through. Braggi linking last and made it through. Both Braggi and I made it to Kadish, however, it was not JKC's Kadish. In fact, it wasn't any of ours'. We ended up in a public instance of Kadish becuase our KI's said "Kadish Kadish".

We attempted to redo Test 2 only instead of sharing the book in the gallery we linked through individually using the linking panel. JKC went first and ended up in his Kadish, but then the link got stuck for Braggi and I.

We'll attempt more with this later tonight and hopefully with more people, but we had to end the testing for now. This was the full report. A ticket with logs will be submited shortly by each of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:48 pm 

I'll add something. We also had a non neighborhood member who was with us for the first part of the attempt. However, she got lost when trying to use the hood nexus. We weren't able to locate her or text message her after she dropped off, but we did wait around the hood to see if we could re-collect her.

(Note to self - avoid the hood nexus at all costs until they get it working again. :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:59 am 

Ah yeah, that Jan girl. we'll have to hunt her down soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:10 pm 

What happened in my Gresshan last night? I had to leave you all there, and I heard something about the power only being part way on? There was also something about the gear that y'all were trying to capture on video. Did you manage to do it?

I haven't had a chance to get back in there and see just how bad y'all trashed the place! :wink:

Oh, I tried to walk through the door to the gear room right behind someone else and got stuck in it because it closed on me and then it panic linked me out. I have submitted a bug report but, in the meantime, if a door has to open for you to go through, be sure anyone in front of you has gone through and then let it reopen for you personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:11 pm 

Hi Janome!

We got some excellent footage of people walking in and out of the gear. PM or e-mail Joel (Moelculor, here on the forums) for a link to the AVI on the Cyan FTP server to see the movie.

The door thing on Garrison seems to be an epidemic... or maybe it just likes female avvies? Arrhae got trapped in the power room by a similar door bug. Shutting down the power to the age and restarting it (by disengaging and re-engaging the cog) seemed to correct the problem.

Don't worry too much about us breaking your age. We'll pay for it. Honest! :D Seriously though, folks were busting up my Kadish pillars last night too. I logged in today to find everything all reset and working fine.

We did get some very interesting screen shots of stackable explorers and lever-walking acrobats though. And of myself in an elevator that suddenly went berserk and thought it was a wine press. :P I can send them to you via Ki in-game when we meet next.

Thanks for having us in for the Garriosn-pillaging. A good time was had by all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:43 pm 

I'm at my dentist's at the moment, but once the screaming is done I'll be headin online for tonights 'Cram The Server' bash.

I wound up joining the neighborhood anyway. ;)

RMC: Where the men are men. (And so are the women)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:19 pm 

Bump, and I'm going to edit the first post with some more info shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:24 am 
Obduction Backer

I'll look out for you guys so I can join. (bump)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:10 pm 

Hopefully the neighborhood will be re-created after the vault wipe?

RMC: Where the men are men. (And so are the women)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Today i went to Gahreesen with Whilyam, Monarch(a CCR) and Erandel. We did a lot of gear in and out jumping and submitted some logs. I hope it'll be helpfull.
We also did some research onto asyncronious(??:P) sharing. That's when you enter someone's relto, you can't see him/her and he/she's not showing up on the age player list.
and there's a lot more to do :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next