It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:00 am 

Some people might not have discovered that the forum section title is a link, which collapses the other forums. So you could bookmark
http://www.urulive.com/forums/index.php?c=4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:27 am 

D'Lanor wrote:
Shadowcats wrote:
So a request MOVE the beta forums to a totally separate area.
Please

It would be enough to move them above the Preview forums so that they are in the same place as before.

Yes, please! It's no excuse, but the preview forum being in the same spot as the closed beta forum was confusing. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:00 pm 

^^yeah that^^

I wondered where all the Beta posts had gone :P

Still, I don't see it as much of a problem. Just check what forum you're in before you post.

Post subject: Re: Announcement
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:34 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

A little summary for those who are coming in here and are confused.
Uhm, more a collage of relevant and/or explanatory posts.

greydragon wrote:
Shorah Explorers!!

In a few hours we will put up a new forum section. It’s called Myst Online: Uru Live Preview. This will be an area where new people can talk about the Myst Online: Uru Live Preview and not worry that they are not under NDA. The developers will look at this forum for current beta issues and post in the Myst Online: Uru Live Preview forum if we plan on taking down the server down for a vault wipe or want to do an event. Feel free to post in this new section, however only post about current things you are seeing in beta. You can not post about Delin, Tsogahl and other issues you have seen under NDA. Anything in this forum (Myst Online:Uru Live Closed Beta) is under NDA and should not be posted in the Myst Online: Uru Live Preview forum.

This is not Open Beta. We are just inviting more people in order to hit some of the concurrency numbers we want.

Thank you so much for continuing to help us with Myst Online: Uru Live.

Peace –

GD

Ian Atrus wrote:
If you can see it in the current build, you can talk about it in Preview.

If you do not see it in the current build, you CANNOT talk about it in Preview.

Basically, act as if you got into Preview today/tomorrow with everybody else. For anything else, [covered by your NDA] post in [the beta] section.

greydragon wrote:
Items that are "on" in this current build are fine to talk about anywhere. The new section will be seen by all forum members.

"My thoughts are that Ryan means we can post about the current things we are seeing in the beta like Ae'gura being closed off, the new Relto additions, etc., but not things we have seen in the past which are not available now. This includes Delin, Tsogahl"

Ashtar is correct.
Since the Spyroom is open you can talk about it.

"Does this mean we should now also be careful about what we say to people while in the beta?"

Be careful not to spoil something for a new person. I suggest not talking about where new content will be released because that will happen in Live.

We really need to get our concurrency number.

So we are making a new forum for people who aren't under NDA because people under the NDA know more information and because we need to have those people under NDA in order to tell them we need them to sign up for rehearsal and other things...

Another reason we are making a new section is because when we launch both the preview section and the closed beta section will be locked. We don't want someone new reading about issues that were from a previous build.

greydragon wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
I'm still confused - can I reveal myself to be a beta tester, by posting in the new forum about something in beta? Isn't that an NDA violation? Or have we been effectively released from that part of the NDA, viz, the part that prohibits us from revealing ourselves to be a beta tester?

You are revealing that you have been invited to the preview and in the preview you can discuss what you currently see.

Jishin wrote:
[...] My husband missed the cutoff for Closed Beta by not logging into his email for the last three days of beta availability. He was in the last group, and no, I didn't know about that until it was over and he missed it, darn it.
Will he be getting an invite for Preview, or will he need to sign up again, or is he fallen through the cracks, or ... ?

Jishin - Your husband should receive an invite to the preview.

Marten wrote:
Darkstar understands how the Preview versus Beta thing works. I'll explain in more detail below his quote.
[...]
darkstar wrote:
Well this should get interesting, never been simultanously doing the samething whilst old me was NDA'd and my new Preview self isn't. Oh well gonna get some practice at role play, come tommorrow its going to a case

Previewer 'You just got in today as well'
Me 'Yeah got this email yesterday could'nt wait to get in'
Previewer' Where'd you get that really silly helmet, I did'nt see it in the closet'
Me ' Sorry gotta run just got a PM Rands trying to jump the barriers'

Seriously tho we will all have to be careful about only talking about what we can see now.

Here's how it works:

* Think of Closed Beta as being "over". Done. Your NDA prohibits you from discussing Closed Beta outside of Closed Beta. The Closed Beta forums are still here, and we can still discuss things that happened in previously Closed Beta in this area... for now. Nowhere else.

* A new phase has now begin, "Preview". More people have been invited in. Your prior inclusion in Closed Beta grants you automatic access to this new "Preview" phase. Because this phase is not Closed Beta anymore, you cannot talk about Closed Beta. You have to pretend that you just got into Preview just like everyone else who is new. The new "Preview" forums are for discussions of things in Preview. That includes all bugs and features currently in the software... but nothing that you saw previously which has been fixed or removed. Not everyone is invited into Preview... not yet. Not until Cyan knows what the servers can handle.

* After "Preview", we should arrive at "Open Beta". In Open Beta, you still cannot talk about anything from Closed Beta.

Bottom line: Treat it as though we've hit open beta, with the caveat that not everyone is in yet.

greydragon wrote:
Imagine if you will that yesterday I told you that starting today we went to open beta. You are asked to not talk about what you saw under NDA to the open beta group. Same thing here, everyone under the NDA stops talking about what you saw previously and is happy to be invited to the preview. Again this is not open beta because no everyone can get it, but there isn’t an NDA on the Preview period because the preview is only what you see at this moment.

Peace

greydragon wrote:
Whilyam wrote:
Will someone let us know when invites have been sent out

Sent

Whilyam wrote:
Edit: Also, is the preview board viewable by all NOW or will it only be visible when preview is going on?

By everyone. Until we launch and then both this [beta] board and the preview board will be closed.

D'Lanor wrote:
Shadowcats wrote:
So a request MOVE the beta forums to a totally separate area.
Please

It would be enough to move them above the Preview forums so that they are in the same place as before.

I hope this helps: The top parts are public, the very bottom is secret. Additionally, spdenne's advice might help:
spdenne wrote:
Some people might not have discovered that the forum section title is a link, which collapses the other forums. So you could bookmark
http://www.urulive.com/forums/index.php?c=4 [for the beta forum]

www2 wrote:
That means when we want to post a picture from this current build in those forums, we shuold host images on other sites instead of the ftp, right?

Yes, especially because - using IMG tags - that would display the password of the ftp-site.
Your NDA covers not only what you have experienced in game, but what you have learned on the beta forums, like the link to the ftp, information in the developer section that was not published elsewhere etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:30 pm 

So question that popped into my head this morning - is this now an opportunity to evangelize and share screen shots of this current build 'In Cavern' with those who are outside the Beta and the Preview? Since those in the Preview are not under an NDA obligation does this mean Closed Beta people are now free to discuss current Preview content with those who have yet to play the game?

Or would sharing such content fall under a Copyright conflict of interest or desire not to share such details? Since the Preview section of the board can be accessed by anyone who isn't logged into the forums, can we now begin a concerted "word-of-mouth" advertising campaign?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
does this mean Closed Beta people are now free to discuss current Preview content
Yes. Build 9 and before eg Tsogahl / Delin / Ae'gura without barricades, no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:34 pm 

But I was seeking clarification with audience that it can be shared with. Those in Preview *only* or those who not part of Preview, do not have a GameTap account, nor have had any experience with Uru Live (in its various incarnations)? Further, screenshots taken from the current 'Preview' build - can they be shared or does Cyan claim intellectual property rights on them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't know whether since preview is by invite only, those who are in preview are the only people you can talk to. Ask in the preview forum so that GreyDragon can see your question and give you a response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:44 pm 

I would post there, but since that portion of the forum is world-readable disclosing reference to the NDA, let alone Copyright infringement issues would not be the best of things for me to do to 'em. I'll zip along a PM to GD instead and reference this thread portion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:16 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

To answer your question, starting buzz on other sites is fine and a great idea, as long as it's only current pictures and current info.

You may upload and post preview screenshots on other sites.
Putting your Preview KI # in your signature is fine, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:46 pm 

Danke!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:49 pm 

So, are we still submitting bugs? And if yes...what if we find one while other players are around? Do we stand around and pretend we dont know what to do?

This all sounds like Laurel and Hardy to me...whos on first? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:53 am 
Obduction Backer

We are indeed still submitting bugs - a few of the threads in the open beta forums mention how do do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:28 pm 

I got my very first responce from a official Uru Live team member on one of my tickets! :D

*excited*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6