It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:50 am 
Cyan Employee

Whilyam wrote:
Will someone let us know when invites have been sent out

Sent

Whilyam wrote:
Edit: Also, is the preview board viewable by all NOW or will it only be visible when preview is going on?

By everyone. UNtil we launch and then both this board and the preview board will be closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:51 am 
Obduction Backer

Shadowcats wrote:
So a request MOVE the beta forums to a totally separate area.
Please

It would be enough to move them above the Preview forums so that they are in the same place as before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:06 am 

I'm wondering about the (dozens, hundreds,?) of us who have never gotten past the avatar page and have NEVER SEEN THE GAME. I've tried pretty steadily too - searched every promising thread, followed every tip and hint, updated-uninstalled and reinstalled video drivers, etc., etc. ad infinitum, since the invitation almost 20 days ago.

Still nothing but errors in the end.

I guess with the invitation of a few thousand new people the numbers of people who CAN play it will get high enough so it can be deemed successful and the open beta will be rushed through. Then we can have a game for a ChismaHannuKwaanzaka holiday release.

Cool. :roll:

Too bad I can't play it.

IMHO, until EVERYBODY who downloads it can play it, it can hardly be called a success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:13 am 
Obduction Backer

jaburg wrote:
I'm wondering about the (dozens, hundreds,?) of us who have never gotten past the avatar page and have NEVER SEEN THE GAME. I've tried pretty steadily too - searched every promising thread, followed every tip and hint, updated-uninstalled and reinstalled video drivers, etc., etc. ad infinitum, since the invitation almost 20 days ago.

Still nothing but errors in the end.

I guess with the invitation of a few thousand new people the numbers of people who CAN play it will get high enough so it can be deemed successful and the open beta will be rushed through. Then we can have a game for a ChismaHannuKwaanzaka holiday release.

Cool. :roll:

Too bad I can't play it.

IMHO, until EVERYBODY who downloads it can play it, it can hardly be called a success.

Yeah, that is my worry as well. I, too, have never gotten past the Avatar screen...never even gotten to the Avatar screen. I just hope that Cyan doesn't get so caught up in saying "Look how many people are playing at once!" that they neglect the fact that there are still a sizeable number of people who aren't able to play at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Ian Atrus wrote:
If you can see it in the current build, you can talk about it in Preview.

If you do not see it in the current build, you CANNOT talk about it in Preview.

Basically, act as if you got into Preview today/tomorrow with everybody else. For anything else, post in this section.

Yup. That's the way I understood it. If it is in Build 1.390 now, OK to discuss in preview section.

Otherwise, zip that lip, including the fact that you even know about any prior builds or have been in beta before the Preview starts.

Like a brand spankin' new beta.

"I know nuthink!"

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:22 am 
Obduction Backer

greydragon wrote:
Imagine if you will that yesterday I told you that starting today we went to open beta. You are asked to not talk about what you saw under NDA to the open beta group. Same thing here, everyone under the NDA stops talking about what you saw previously and is happy to be invited to the preview. Again this is not open beta because no everyone can get it, but there isn’t an NDA on the Preview period because the preview is only what you see at this moment.

Peace

And finally I get it :). This basically is Open Beta, but because registration is still limited to those that have been invited, it's been given a different name. Once all-and-sundry can get in, it truely will be Open Beta.

Cheers, GD ;)

Though I still think the forum system is now a complete mess... :roll:

jaburg wrote:

But that's never going to be the case, hence by your definition, URU Live will never be a success...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Islander wrote:
jaburg wrote:

But that's never going to be the case, hence by your definition, URU Live will never be a success...

Technically, I would agree with Islander, but I think I get the gist of what jaburg is saying. Perhaps it should be edited to say:

"until EVERYBODY who downloads it...and who SHOULD be able to play it, given their system specs... can play it, it can hardly be called a success."

I do agree with the notion that, I could, technically, download it on my old 486 Pentium II...but I would be silly to expect it to run. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:42 am 
Obduction Backer

I knew that :P. Still, I stand by what I say. There will always be one or two cases where computers have what appear to be prefectly acceptable specs, but the game just won't run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Islander wrote:
I knew that :P. Still, I stand by what I say. There will always be one or two cases where computers have what appear to be prefectly acceptable specs, but the game just won't run.

That's true, too. At the moment, though, there are definitely more than one or two cases, and I'm just hoping they (including myself) aren't overlooked in the pursuit of meeting a deadline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:40 am 

Are the previewers already coming in the beta? Or do they have to wait until Wednesday 7:00 pm EST?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:47 am 
Cyan Employee

Coming in now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:20 am 
Obduction Backer

far out ... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:16 am 

greydragon wrote:
Imagine if you will that yesterday I told you that starting today we went to open beta. You are asked to not talk about what you saw under NDA to the open beta group. Same thing here, everyone under the NDA stops talking about what you saw previously and is happy to be invited to the preview. Again this is not open beta because no everyone can get it, but there isn’t an NDA on the Preview period because the preview is only what you see at this moment.

Peace

That means when we want to post a picture from this current build in those forums, we shuold host images on other sites instead of the ftp, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:41 am 

OK, I think I'm getting it -- the Do's & Don't's of the Preview Closed Beta. But I'm not sure if I did get all the Don't's, especially the ones I didn't think of. Do I?
:?

--------------------------------------------------
The Vessle with the Pestle has the pellet with the poison,
The Chalice from the Palace has the brew that is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:44 am 
Obduction Backer

if it's not in this build, don't

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next