It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

How many people have yet to see the inside?
I can't even log in! 7%  7%  [ 12 ]
I can't create an avatar! 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
I get a network error! 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
Works for me! 87%  87%  [ 156 ]
Total votes : 180
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Golgotha wrote:
I see your point - now. However, I (and I'm sure others will agree) strongly resent being ignored, which is exactly what has been happening to myself and others for nearly a month now.

Not just on this issue, they just didn't answer any tickets before, and are now suddenly answering loads of tickets. Like they've decided now's the time for tickets, and are catching up.
So it's most likely not because you sent so many of those tickets, that they decided to answer you.
I only just started getting answers to tickets in the past week as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:14 pm 

They've been answering tickets, just not YOUR tickets. Maybe have a little more trust in your fellow human beings to not ignore you and stop flooding the ticket system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've gone two months without any tickets being answered, then a spat of a few, or a lot all of a sudden. I've never felt ignored, I've just felt that they were busy fixing things. The same people who do the fixing answer the tickets most of the time.

Just be patient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:58 pm 

I am sure that Cyan is doing the best they can under the circumstances. This is not a small undertaking that they are involved in. There are so many things that could be causing the problems people seem to be having, sorry I have no advice to give you. I had several problems myself getting in and was just about to give up completely when I got a response from Cyan that fixed the problem.

But I feel they do need to communicate with people that are sending in tickets. Maybe just a little note saying we are working on it. The problem is that there is just a hand full of people to work on these tickets (just a guess there could be more) and they are getting tickets from hundreds of us. You think our stress level is high I can just imagine what theirs is.

People hate the feeling of being completely ignored (perceived or otherwise) especially with something that is as important to them as Uru is. If people know that there is actually someone working on their problem it makes them feel less frustrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:21 pm 

:( :cry: :(

I'm one of those who haven't been able to get in for some time.
I had the PhysX problem, resolved that; had patcher problems, resolved those; but keep getting stuck at 'checking for updates' or 'loading updates' or 'loading 0 seconds remaining'. I've managed to get as far as avatar creation twice in the last month, and got to my Relto once, and even linked to one age. But no further :(

In my case it looks like it's a combination of distance (NZ is a long way away on the internet - ping >260) and connection quality (the local telco haven't been very helpful up till now). It goes even worse when the servers are busy. And with the updates and vault wipes, there is so much downloading to do, that even when I get a stable connection all the time is spent 'updating'.

I would really love to get there for the official opening (whenever that is) 8) But if I can't, will just have to send my good wishes to those who can, and condolences to those, like myself, who are having trouble getting in.

The one thing that would really disappoint, is if, after all this time and effort, my avatar name gets taken by someone else before I can get into full blown Live. :? I know it's a little thing, but it is funny how personal URU can get - it's part of what makes URU so great really.

Meanwhile, all the best and I'll keep working on it :roll:
- Zen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:31 pm 

Darn, Zen! That's so unfortunate to hear that combo of problems for you. Well, I'll tell anyone who is not you, using that name that it's reserved! :lol: Hope that helps a tiny bit. Nah, didn't think so. Well, here's hoping you're in soon!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

jaburg wrote:
Unfortunately, it is to give up. :roll:

I'm guessing, as a computer professional, you installed VMWare at some point. I think it's the problem.

I installed it as well, and a friend of mine told me it causes many network problems and uninstalling does NOT fix it.

So I slapped in a blank HD and installed Windows from scratch. Uru works just fine!

I have reinstalled drivers, software, and everything I can think of and NOTHING will let me get past character selection. (Except a new Windows install.) It always gives the 'cant set active player' error.

I have not installed VMWare on my second install because I don't have time to reinstall again right now, so I can't be absolute sure it is the culprit. But I'm 90% sure now.

Post subject: UPDATE - I'm in!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:36 am 

Check this out http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3956

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is chobe still around? If so, he needs to look at checksum offload too. Stuck at Preparing to Link is the right symptom.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4