It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How many people have yet to see the inside?
I can't even log in! 7%  7%  [ 12 ]
I can't create an avatar! 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
I get a network error! 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
Works for me! 87%  87%  [ 156 ]
Total votes : 180
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Greypiffle,

Those are all good troubleshooting techniques.

I know some of the folks whom are stuck with the "Updating" screen, and I know them to be advanced PC folks that follow (relentlessly, like you and me) solid troubleshooting techniques. Some might have success with some of the troubleshooting, but I'm convinced there is a server side aspect to the "Updating" problem.

I am one of those whom leaves his PC on all day and night, 24/7. Yet sometimes I get the "Updating" screen problem and sometimes it connects right through. The fact that I get through sometimes tells me that there might be (at least) two problems. One, that makes so many NEVER get through, and one that blocks some of us sometimes. Your troubleshooting list might help some of the NEVERs find a way through, but I hope they can ID the other problems too.

I'm still optimistic and enthusiastic about the game!

Cheers,

Dadguy

Last edited by dadguy on Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:58 am 

Ok first of all a tad highjack of this post. Whats with the forums tonight?

Also I've never had any major issue with getting in, the only problems I've had were staying on. These link CTD's are getting rather anoying and so are the standing around CTD.

Age resets are a tad anoying aswell. Camera issue, firefly issues and general lag spikes. FYI people aren't going to put up with any of these issues.(specially non-myst people/newbies)

Yea it takes time to get things ironed out, but if the network side is still having issues, then thats not a good thing. Unless theres a HUGE update coming, which could cause even more problems. That needs to take on the biggest priority. I'm sure if they could get the network problems completely fixed then most of the other bugs could be squashed easily.

Accually any update can and does cause new bugs to pop up and also old ones. theres no way to get around that.
I Just bumped into a unfortunate side effect of the CTD during linking. Ages dont update. I completed gahreesen and got to the Bahro cave as soon as I dropped into the hole I CTD. I logged on again and found that I had the bahro pole, but the levitating stone wasnt there. which is a game breaking thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:48 am 

I'm not "abandoning ship" just yet dadguy have been here too long for that since 03 as you know
as have many people around here.
Just terribly frustrating and disheartening when we stuck through the dark times
and kept the dream alive
and yet not much of a response from anyone as to why some have this connection? problem.
I know they are busy but just a few words as to whats up would go a long way.
I'll keep trying and trying and trying till my claws are warn down :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:54 pm 

I can't even sign up Gametap!i can't do anything!i think i will give up too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:57 am 

chobe there won't be a "Boxed" version

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:17 am 

jaburg wrote:
Unfortunately, it is to give up. :roll:

Yeah im with you on this mate... I have been signed up for gametap and they are frustrating as can be so I canceled my acct. When I recieved my beta invite i was ready for the bugs and excited to test, but since i recieved my invite last month I have not even been able to log in. Grand total tested time was 15 mins before a crash and haven't been able to log back in since. This does not bode well for the game, tickets are left unanswered and it seems to me no progress is being made on the server at all.

Its too bad really because I was really excited to play this game but it seems I won't be doing that after all. For those of you that are testing and working towards making the game better I say good on ya, but I'm out and between this and Gametap's subpar service I don't think I will be back.

-Jip

Post subject: Boxed version....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:50 pm 

ShadowCats....

The boxed version I was referring to was a new game offering from Cyan, DreamCatcher, Ubisoft, etc. No disrespect to Cyan, but since I tend not be the sharpest tack in the box, I don't think I'll ever have the patience or social integration skills for online gaming..... Hopefully game developers have seen the wide interest in "Myst" like adventure games and will continue to develop the genre. Who knows....another Myst in the future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:25 pm 

Sometimes the most frustrating things end up being simple...

In a simple world, it would all be like this:

I was going through all the "stuff" and not getting in....

I knew it wasnt my hardware or software for that matter as I have a decent pc...and had just done a clean sweep and update of all drivers and everything possible.

Silly me...did I think of the weather?? NO...Hubby calls the cable company...they tell him they have had trouble due to the weather. Duh, Debbie...its winter! I waited a few days...and everything worked perfectly. Im glad I didn't get mad or give up. And Im feeling blessed that my technology driven husband went for the simple solution, rather than tearing the thing apart!
There are just way too many scenarios that could be the reason for individual computers to not be able to get on beta. And...hey...its beta!
Even with all the frustration, Uru is worth it and Im glad to be part of any effort that allows others to play.

Good Luck to all (Especially Cyanists)

Deb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:40 am 

Intially I had trouble with Gametap and downloading games. But I worked at checking out their support which is pretty good and pretty comprehensive. (and I am NOT a computer whiz by any stretch!) I finally figured out my problem was with my firewall AND my router. I had to let the firewall know Gametap was ok and the support led me to my router site which helped me configure the router so that I quit timing out. Since then, I have had little to no problem getting on. Incidently, it also solved the problem with my internet bouncing in and out..... So there can be solutions to the problem. Sometimes it is trial and error and usually it is something simple that is blocking your access. If your system meets the requirements, then most likely it can be something that is causing a time out so that you cannot get the client. Keep working at it. If you can get Gametap running, then you can get the Uru client....

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:41 am 

Still here.

Seems like 85-86% of people responding to the poll are actively playing and testing. That's not bad numbers I suppose - all things considered.

I am still hoping some update will be forthcoming from the folks at Cyan.

Watching ... Waiting ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:52 am 
Obduction Backer

For those who can't get in because of 0 seconds remaining that never goes away, are you keeping track of the work that mac_fife is doing on your behalf?

I hope that it's of use to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:29 pm 

Priorities...priorities. Cyan has them. We do not know what they are. And I have said it before. We need a clean posting/bulletin board for beta testers to see what Cyan is working on currently and where other issues are in the list. It may not seem helpful but it would be good for us to know what the progress is. AND regardless of what some have told me, knowing where bugs are allows the rest of us to test it to see if these bugs are global or specific. As well as avoid for continued beta testing (if possible).

For those of us who cannot get in currently for the last few months it would also be sound of mind. Just hearing that they know about it and looking into it (a month ago) does not help me to assess where I stand in the beta testing other than I am not a priority. Although I do not know what the priorities are. Just that they are looking in to it.

Posted progress and issue updates would be good. Its seems rather scattered or non-existant at the moment. More open communication seems a logical and professional approach. Grant you this is Cyans first time and I think they would know by now what is best for a smooth turnover.

Lets move forward and lets communicate better to the beta testers. And yes I am sure some out there think Cyan is communicating very well with us but then again, you are probably in URU and exploring and finding bugs for them. Some of us still can't, but would like to. And know where we stand in their scheme of things.

Cheers and heres to an eventual but probably late launch of URU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:29 pm 

I at last received a response from Cyan (posting a new ticket every time I can't log in seems to have caught their attention - finally):

Thank you for submitting this bug. At this time, we are aware of this issue
and it is currently in our internal bug database. We have noted your
occurrence, and have added it to our metrics for this bug. We appreciate your
effort and we look forward to receiving more of your valuable feedback.

Not that this is any help, but at least they're not completely ignoring it.

Golg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Golgotha wrote:
I at last received a response from Cyan (posting a new ticket every time I can't log in seems to have caught their attention - finally):

I take it you have now closed all those duplicate tickets that don't add any useful information?

I strongly resent this kind of selfish abuse of the ticket system. For every duplicate ticket you have submitted this way someone elses ticket gets moved up in the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:35 pm 

Quote:
I take it you have now closed all those duplicate tickets that don't add any useful information?

But of course. My problem has at least been addressed, and now I know that I'm being heard.

Quote:
I strongly resent this kind of selfish abuse of the ticket system.

I see your point - now. However, I (and I'm sure others will agree) strongly resent being ignored, which is exactly what has been happening to myself and others for nearly a month now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next