It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:30 pm 

Well the instructions were not the best to begin with. Especially if you had an account already...one had to look for tiny text for that...especially if your monitor settings are high.

But in future when someone asks for your card info better check the instructions again or go back to the first screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:06 pm 

Update

I just got the account sorted out in the online Chat support thingy. Don't know yet if they billed me for this month or not, my bank statement isn't showing anything yet, guess I'll find that out later. But at least they fixed the account so I won't end up paying for January.

I'm sure they can help you as well, Gilgameesh, you don't have to call them, just use the online chat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:52 pm 

D'Lanor wrote:
There is a way for non US/Canada users to log into their existing GameTap accounts: You must first follow steps A) and B) from the invitation email again, and then log into your account.

I hope that helps.

I know that way and i've done many times, but was not able to change anything from that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:59 pm 

Gilgameesh wrote:
I know that way and i've done many times, but was not able to change anything from that

Me, too.

I was in contact with Gandalf from GameTap. He said that he was trying to sort things out but I haven't heard a word from him since last week.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject: Re: Gametap billed me!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:01 pm 

Gilgameesh wrote:
Hello all,

i have seen that Gametap billed me for 20 euro!!
I am italian, i cannot play gametap and i want my money back.

Any Cyan Employee can help me?

Contact Gandalf. He is a GameTap employee and may be able to help you.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:52 am 
Obduction Backer

May wanna contact your credit card vendor and have them retrieve the funds. They have ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:10 am 

Sorry you are having so much trouble :(
Write phone or email your Credit provider explain what happened quoting dates invoice numbers any relevant info for there own inquiries
and ask for a "Charge back" and also putting a "Stop future payments" for GT until it is sorted out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:59 am 

halvor wrote:
Update

I just got the account sorted out in the online Chat support thingy. Don't know yet if they billed me for this month or not, my bank statement isn't showing anything yet, guess I'll find that out later. But at least they fixed the account so I won't end up paying for January.

I'm sure they can help you as well, Gilgameesh, you don't have to call them, just use the online chat.

They billed me 3 months, not one month!

INCREDIBLE, I STILL CANNOT ACCESS AND MODIFY MY ACCOUNT DETAILS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:24 am 

Ok I'd have sympathy but this sounds like a classic case of clicky syndrone. Where a user rather than read their email, and read the screen decides to click (how else do you think so much spyware/malware gets around) I hope you learn from this.

Have you tried PMing Randomos about the situation since he is the Gametap community manager. Last time I checked he answered PM's and emails very quickly.

Have you tried PMing the gandolf person listed above?

Have you tried the link in the email and logged into your account that way?

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but you signed upto them and now you want to circumvent their normal procedures because you don't want to incur any costs. Thats fair enough but please don't complain its not their fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Perhaps not thier fault, but it DOES show a missing procedure. There should be an easier way to cancel an account. the cost of an international call can get rather high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:34 pm 
Cyan Employee

I'll look into this.

Post subject: Unexpected billing
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:52 pm 
GameTap

Gilgameesh, I understand your frustration and apologize for the difficulty contacting our customer support. We are only now expanding overseas (which is why the Storefront that supports international users is hidden, not public) and we do not yet have all of the support systems in place.

When we created the Beta storefront we knew we would have to test international billing, and we wanted the storefront to be as close to final as possible, so we set it up such that if we entered a credit card number it would really bill us. We didn't expect Beta Testers to enter a credit card number since Cyan was sending them coupon codes.

That said, I will get your account canceled and the bill refunded. Please PM me your GameTap Screen Name and the email address you used when registering. I don't need any credit card information.

The billing is in US dollars, so the refund amount could be slightly different (more or less) than 20 Euros depending on how exchange rates have changed.

Please let me know if you need anything else, and again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Gandalf (at GameTap)

Post subject: Re: Unexpected billing
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:59 am 

Gandalf wrote:
Gilgameesh, I understand your frustration and apologize for the difficulty contacting our customer support. We are only now expanding overseas (which is why the Storefront that supports international users is hidden, not public) and we do not yet have all of the support systems in place.

When we created the Beta storefront we knew we would have to test international billing, and we wanted the storefront to be as close to final as possible, so we set it up such that if we entered a credit card number it would really bill us. We didn't expect Beta Testers to enter a credit card number since Cyan was sending them coupon codes.

That said, I will get your account canceled and the bill refunded. Please PM me your GameTap Screen Name and the email address you used when registering. I don't need any credit card information.

The billing is in US dollars, so the refund amount could be slightly different (more or less) than 20 Euros depending on how exchange rates have changed.

Please let me know if you need anything else, and again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Gandalf (at GameTap)

Thank you very much for your complete and detailed answer.

I sent you a pm with the requested informations. I am sorry if I sent a 'rude' message to the gametap support, but i was really frustrated in seeing my personal information inaccessible to any modification.

Best regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Stevecrox wrote:
Ok I'd have sympathy but this sounds like a classic case of clicky syndrone. Where a user rather than read their email, and read the screen decides to click (how else do you think so much spyware/malware gets around) I hope you learn from this.

I have to agree with this.

Truely, I am very sorry that you have gone through what you have, but it really is foolish to carry on clicking without reading instructions. As Stevecrox points out, 'tis the main wal malware is distributed.

Learn from your mistake.

Having said that, I really am thouroughly happy that it has now been sorted :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:36 pm 

Let me ask you all that haven't been billed. If you put in the code does it give you the option of even entering a credit card number. If not then I messed up my stuff also cause when I put in the code it still asked for my credit card number and not thinking anything about it I put it in when I probably shouldn't have.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next