It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: No more superjump?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

The rooftop got a update and when I try to go over to do the superjump I can tell I hit a wall next to the light and I don't do the little camera mean person/people as before. So no more superjump?!

Not that I'm all that sad, squish those bugs! :lol:

UPDATE: It also looks like upon going back to my relto the D'Ni book is back in my library! Yay! Glad that's back!

Last edited by ArcRabbit on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:14 pm 

Aww, that's the one bug I never got to do. Ah well. At least things are getting cleaned up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:25 am 

Just saw some people across the barrier in the city, I guess some people missed the update. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:51 am 
Obduction Backer

MustardJeep wrote:
Just saw some people across the barrier in the city, I guess some people missed the update. :lol:

Not necessarily. Unless and until they do a vault wipe, people who did the superjump before the update and registered a nexus link for Dakotah Alley or Palace Alcove will still be able to get to the other side without having to do a superjump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:42 am 
Obduction Backer

I don't know how many have been successful using the box on top of the big carpet covered pile for the superjump, but that box still seemed to "launch" you today.

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Good eye there, dadguy.

I've started seeing what I can get outta that one, with some interesting results... managed to land myself on top of a 'magic barrier' above, which seems to have been installed to stop this very activity. I have a ki shot of it. I tried to do a running-jump for the wall, but I fell. Still, this is promising...

For the curious, I've been focusing my attention on the corner of the box closest to the nearby wall, trying angles similar to the old superjump.

Edit: Been able to reproduce the jump by walking diagonally across the carpeted boxes, almost straight at the thin side of the lamp crate. The platform it lands you on is quite, quite small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:13 am 

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................greydragon will swipe this from us :evil:
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Already seen one guy over the barriers in the main city, so it seems it's possible at the least. Perhaps more hard to do this time around, I haven't tried it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:04 am 
Obduction Backer

Before or after the vault wipe? Nexus links from before the update were still working before the wipe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:52 pm 

I spent two hours, yesterday, trying to do the SJ from the top of the stacked crates with rug. I never managed to get over. When I first got to the roof I had several high jumps but I was at the crates stacked near the cone stack and stored barriers. I had one good jump from the Top Crate; but I went the opposite direction of the wall and landed near the table with the Typewriter. Soon after being there, I wa only able to get little bitty baby jumps and stopped seeing the big jumps completely. I am not sure why but they went "BYE BYE". I will try one more time and then let that be it :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:55 pm 

Well, the first time I went to the Neighborhood after the update, I hit a cone the wrong was and was rocketed up into this weird little window area...

I have screenshots...

...unfortunately no KI shots, since that's why I was headed to the neighborhood was to head to Gahreesan to get a new KI after th' vault wipe...

~Jumpin' Zoonishii

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Before or after the vault wipe? Nexus links from before the update were still working before the wipe.

It was after the vault wipe btw. I saw several people behind it last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:54 pm 

There are still other superjumps. I found a new one yesterday trying to kick a basket over the edge of the upper Gira Falls, and landed on top of the giant leg bone over by the Kemo book! It's impossible to get up there from the ground, turns out to have a nice view of Beyond Gira... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:16 pm 

Eder Kemo has an amazing series of high superjumps if you like the panoramic view. The jump is triggered by hitting the raised curb by the fountain while running towards the general direction of the journey door.

If you use the curb seciton close to the wall, you can even fly right out of the age. I have a couple of nice screen shots of that one. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:12 pm 

Rils wrote:
There are still other superjumps. I found a new one yesterday trying to kick a basket over the edge of the upper Gira Falls, and landed on top of the giant leg bone over by the Kemo book! It's impossible to get up there from the ground, turns out to have a nice view of Beyond Gira... :wink:

You can walk up the arched bone and get a great view of Beyond Gira too. :D You have to jump (it's just an easy jump) onto the bone from the waterfall side, not the book side, and then just walk up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next