It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:10 am 
Obduction Backer

walt_scrivens wrote:
Well, after 1/2 hour of trying, I came close to hitting the red light on the top of the wall, but never got over. I did find a superjump spot on the stack of crates on the ground, farthest from the rug-covered pile. But it's way too far from the wall to do any good.

Did any of you who got over find anyone else there? My KI never shows any age players, and I was wondering if the rooftop is in another instance of the City?

walt

It is another instance, but once you make it down you can get the Nexus link which will link you to the main city instance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Made it! Thx Greypiffle.

We are able to get thru the Palace to the blocked entrance on the stairs to the rope bridge. Also, can jump down the stairs towards the Canyon, but its blocked at the bottom.

Got the Takota Alley and Palace Alcove nexus links.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Welcome DadGuy. I found it difficult to do, and even standing where I showed in my picrtures, it's hard to get it JUST right, but I found it consistant in that I was able to get the jump 3 times in an hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry my directions were so confusing Greypiffle, but glad you made it. That is the angle of the jump that I made. I've seen pictures similar before, and probably should have taken one myself to help. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:27 pm 

I tried several times on my own without success, but then I tried lining myself up with your pictures, greypiffle, and it worked first time. So thanks indeed :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Indeed.

I've tried both the Greypiffle method and the Sharaya method over, and over, and over, and the best I can do is get a look over the wall. I never had any trouble with the previous jump, from the crate by the table, and I have discovered a few spots among the crates on the floor near the rug pile where superjumps happen, but they are always straight up.

I really don't care about getting to the upper part of the City (been there, done that), but I am fascinated by what makes these things occur.
Is it related to the deiberate jumps that happen in Gira at the steam vents?
Is the Physics Engine really smart? I tried making my avatar skinny and young, but it didn't help.
Is it resolution sensitive? I normally play at 1680x1050, but cut back to 1024x768 and that also did not help.
Someone suggested that the superjumps have something to do with graphic collision planes. That kind of makes sense, based on my limited knowledge of the theory involved. But wouldn't that also imply that there woukld be a "sweet spot", however tiny, that would always work, on any hardware, under any conditions?
I've tripped over te corner of that crate enough times that just by random chance I should have hit it ONCE, but no.

Puzzeled and forever curious,
Walt

walt: KI #00193642
walt scRIVENs

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3