It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:18 am 
Obduction Backer

edited because it isn't gone. : )

Last edited by Sharaya on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Glad to hear it. It is much better to have everyone on equal footing for the game. It should not depend on your system or how well you can hit an error to get the game done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

greypiffle wrote:
Glad to hear it. It is much better to have everyone on equal footing for the game. It should not depend on your system or how well you can hit an error to get the game done.

Agreed, glad this bug is dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:45 pm 

Same here. (: Although I have to admit that some of that is jealousy because my game refused to superjump at all. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

yep - that is what I meant. I was able to do the superjump myself, but I know of a lot of people who couldn't. really didn't think it was fair to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

This bug with the top crate is not gone, I managed to do it this morning before the servers got swamped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:19 pm 

There is another SJ past the barriers , i've seen people do it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'll have to check again Jweir. But, there were two ways to hit that superjump over the wall at the top of the boxes. I've not had a problem with it before. Now, you hit a wall and get knocked sideways.

A friend of mine tried it late last night using a different method. He had done it just the night before a few times. He hit a wall as well.

I don't know when that wall went up, but it sure seemed like it was there. Especially in watching how the avatar was bumped sideways after hitting it. Perhaps there is still a small crack in that wall if you hit it just right. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

goodbye, SuperJump
:cry:

I had fun while it lasted....

(I wonder if they found the rest of the "jump spots" in the city i played with and killed them as well.....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:02 am 
Obduction Backer

I've now done it twice today, it does still exist! Persistence does pay off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:34 am 
Obduction Backer

you will have to describe it to me... and everyone else :D

where do you start - where do you aim - do you use the mouse to walk, or the arrow keys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's still pretty much how i had it described to me, run at the wall against the crate on the top of the stack hoping to clip the back left corner along the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

okay, Jweir, you are correct. After going back and playing with it for a bit, I got over too. It was just a very different angle than I've used in the past.

spoiler***********

For those who really want to make the jump. If you stand right up against the box on the top of the carpet with the lantern on it, line the left corner that juts out toward you between your legs. If you get as close as you can, you'll see that it knocks you backwards a bit. That's the same thing that will catapult you into the air. So, if you get as close as you can, line that point up between your avatar's legs, while facing the shortest distance to the back wall. Usually means your head lines up with the red light on that wall. Then, back up as far as you can go, run forward without using your jump button and you'll fly up in the air. After a few practices, you'll see how and where you are aiming, so you can adjust your angle. The sidestep keys are very important with lining up the jump. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:10 am 
Obduction Backer

ok - now for a REAL spoiler.
Looking at your instructions confused me a bit, but I kept at it.
STARTING just as you see in the picture, and then running forward, I superjumpped to the stairs below.

Altering the position of the left foot and what pattern on the wall in front of me allowed me to once land right beside the tent in the courtyard.

This, however, I was able to replicate 3 times, so here are the pictures:
first one is a straight screenshot and second one is enhansed to make it easier to identify the pattern on the carpet and where my foot is in relation to that...
Image Image

Reading back on that and all, I figured that I need to point out my points of reference
Note that the hat is on that mark on the wall
Note that the foot is just on the edge of that pattern on the carpet - barely touching one of the dots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Well, after 1/2 hour of trying, I came close to hitting the red light on the top of the wall, but never got over. I did find a superjump spot on the stack of crates on the ground, farthest from the rug-covered pile. But it's way too far from the wall to do any good.

Did any of you who got over find anyone else there? My KI never shows any age players, and I was wondering if the rooftop is in another instance of the City?

walt

walt: KI #00193642
walt scRIVENs

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next