It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:20 pm 

The gold code for VISTA (Build 6000 plus a bunch of numbers) plays the game very well. There is only one slight variation and that has to do with the location in the files heirarchy that it plays from. If you get a new machine or clean load the software you will experience this file shift from the actual to the virtual folders. If you upgrade you XP to VISTA which won't be a problem on a 6 months or less old machine then it will play in the normal folder. The filiing systems are just different. More research is required to determine how to handle this. VISTA will be in the stores on 30th January2007 so this is somewhat important for Myst Online, unless they want to announce you cannot play the game with VISTA. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

i've had other experiences. I wasn't even able to link to relto since last hotfix. I allways got a stackdump. Now i can play the game but a stack dump is quite common. So i'd say Myst Online is not yet Vista ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:35 pm 

too true with vista rtm all i get is the stack dump but i put this down to the lack of 8800GTX drivers, but it would appear to be other things as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:51 pm 

I wasn't able to get RC1 to run Uru without the stackdump until I read an obscure little post here that mentioned changing the compatability mode to Windows ME and 98 and it worked. I'd already chnged it to XP and it didn't. The two files I changed were, UruExplorer and UruLauncher.

Good luck!

LR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:58 pm 

LRBolt wrote:
I wasn't able to get RC1 to run Uru without the stackdump until I read an obscure little post here that mentioned changing the compatability mode to Windows ME and 98 and it worked. I'd already chnged it to XP and it didn't. The two files I changed were, UruExplorer and UruLauncher.

Good luck!

LR

rc2 was Ok with that but no go in RTM but it may just be the lack of drivers for the 8800GTX GPU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:57 am 

OK here's the solution to that one. I got the stack dump as well several times and then I thought the game wants to play from the virtual folder. So, I copied all the files to the folder the game made in C:\user\{NAME}\AppData\Local\ProgramFiles\Virtual\Myst Online and sure enough it ran just fine. There is still problems with the way it downloads files and Cyan is going to have to meet the rules so it works correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:08 pm 

The beta plays well in Vista. The future problem will be that GameTap is only going to support the 32bit version of Vista till sometime late next year when they will have Vista 64bit support. ( Supposedy) There will be no support for XP Pro x64 at all from GameTap. They told me in an e-mail that x64 is not a mainstream OS and will not be supported.

So unless something changes soon, GameTap will only support XP Home, XP Pro, And Vista 32.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:05 pm 

As I've said alot don't care about support just let me run it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:48 am 

With the current build, all versions of Vista will stack dump with a serious access error. X86 and x64 on regular folder or virtual folder. The game is now unplayable as it stands on Vista. It runs smoothly until you choose your Avie and click "Explore Uru" at which point you get a serious access error and a stack dump. I have tried it on three machines and all resoond in a like manner. :(

Bug updated -7833-WADN-0804

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:50 am 

Actually, with the current build, I can't reproduce the earlier stackdump any more, and don't have to resort to 98/ME compatibility mode any more (which apparently caused BSoDs). So, right now, it's great for me.

(Or something.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]