It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Visitor Accounts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:42 am 

If you are currently having problems playing URU because your account is set to visitor please post here. Just give me the date you started experiencing the problem. Additionally could you log into GameTap and see if it mentions anywhere on your account info if the account is expired. Thanks

Lbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:46 am 

I reformatted last night and have the Visitor only problem. I have two Gametap accounts. Neither is expired. Both give me access via desktop to URU Beta with the Visitor Virus, as I call it.

I receive no option to download the program anymore, and their system seems not to remember my password, although they do have my email and name automatically displayed.

I am not a paying customer there.

Tim

BTW....after my reformat, I got the Live beta program not from Gametap (the code had expired and the dl wasn't offered) but from chuck here via a link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Tweek has been having this problem on and off since 29th Nov 2006 with various new characters (so far its only been when I have logged out at the initial avatar customization screen and at the cleft) sometimes it corrects itself I haven't checked back since the last time it happened a couple of days ago.

Post subject: "Problem"
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:42 am 

I can't say what happens to me is a "problem". It's just when I create a new character (my only character), and log out of the game (to see the "choose explorer" screen), it says that my character is a Visitor. After I shut down the game and reopen it, it says I'm an Explorer. I wonder if it's just a glich with the status checking on that screen. Everything works fine with me after I reopen the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:35 am 
Obduction Backer

I could only get on as a visitor since the last update, but once I unchecked the 'remember me' on saturday and logged in again it cleared up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:05 am 
Obduction Backer

This happened to me the day before the update, was playing fine in the morning, logged in later and since then have been a visitor only.

Until yesterday I couldn't even play the visitor, now I can but if I CTD or log the visitor Av won't play and I have to start all over again.

I have tried all that has been suggested in the forums with no luck and as I am in the UK I don't have a GT account.

lor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Lor, do you have a beta account from 18th November or a Preview account from 28th November?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:19 am 
Obduction Backer

A Beta account Rusty, I never received an email about preview.

lor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:19 am 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Lor, do you have a beta account from 18th November or a Preview account from 28th November?

What leads you to believe there's a difference? After all:

Quote:
If you've already been exploring Myst Online through your coupon code access, great! There's nothing else you need to do to join us. Please keep playing as much as you can.

(Or something.)

Post subject: Re: Visitor Accounts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:45 am 

lbell wrote:
If you are currently having problems playing URU because your account is set to visitor please post here. Just give me the date you started experiencing the problem. Additionally could you log into GameTap and see if it mentions anywhere on your account info if the account is expired. Thanks

Lbell
Monday 2006-12-11
After creating a new avatar and getting the KI for it
Upon logout it showed "Sjaak de Draak" as Visitor.

Creating yet another avatar placed it under "full" players and appears to have no issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:58 am 
Obduction Backer

You're right, Chucker, bearing in mind this forum. However, Lor should have had an email from Cyan about the GameTap preview on 28th November.

Quote:
If you've already been exploring Myst Online through your coupon code access, great!

That's what I was checking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ever since the upgrade and vault wipe I've been unable to access beta eccept as a vistitor. Each time I log in, I have to actually log in becouse the check box is not set.
When logging into gametap, I get the "Pay Us" screen. (as I call it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:00 pm 

I just upgraged today, and am wondering why im a visitor?

been a bit busy lately..

so why am i getting only a visitor login?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've had this problem since the server switch over. I still have it whenever I create a new avie. After creating the avie I've gone to Gahreesen through the hood to get my KI and played through the cleft. I've logged out and found my avie up in visitors. When I try to click on it to explore, I get a message saying that I'm an active player. After quitting the game and logging back in again, the avie is now in the correct place.

SG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:59 pm 

I've had this problem too ! I couldn't gain acces to my avatar anymore because it got set to "Visitor" :shock:

I've been having this problem since a few days after the last update (Live build 1)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next