It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gametap Uru
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 pm 

:( I hav Gametap and I also hav all the Myst games Installed on my comp seperate from Gametap. anyway, when I tried to play the Beta and the Myst games from gametap, it said "This game Will not work" and everything seems fine exept that there are some letters in red that say "require Windows XP or higher Operating system" as if I don't hav win xp, but I do! it says so when I'm booting up! AND the beta works just fine on the desktop! what in the world is goin on? :?: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

For MYST, the problem lies in the version of Quicktime installed. Myst used an older version of Quicktime and is not compatible with the latest iteration.

That should also be in red letters. It is on my screen when I've tried to install it. It's also the reason I can't play the GT version of Riven.

Your problems with BETA I can't address. It works fine for me.

Last edited by HeadCheese on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:49 pm 

I have Quicktime 6.3, the require version for Riven! the Only thing waz Winxp operating system or higher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:21 pm 

I hope they convert Myst and Riven over to the newest versions soon. I'd love to play Riven in Gametap, but I can't go installing and uninstalling quicktime versions every time I want to play it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

OK, didn't want to post a new topic for this and this one seems quasi-appropriate. As of last night (this morning they are updating the hardware so I can't get in period), I log on to the game via the icon on my desktop. Does anyone know if I should be going through Gametap or continue to do what I have always done? Now when the game goes truly public, how will the transition work? Will there be an *announcement* in one of these forums (closed beta or preview) that gives us instructions.

For example "Beta Testers must now have GameTap account to play"

Thanks!

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:41 pm 

painter1953 wrote:
OK, didn't want to post a new topic for this and this one seems quasi-appropriate. As of last night (this morning they are updating the hardware so I can't get in period), I log on to the game via the icon on my desktop. Does anyone know if I should be going through Gametap or continue to do what I have always done? Now when the game goes truly public, how will the transition work? Will there be an *announcement* in one of these forums (closed beta or preview) that gives us instructions.

Thanks!

The client available separately and the one available through GameTap are exactly the same, just stored on different places of your hard drive. They map to the same accounts on the server; you can log in with one, make changes, and have them reflected in the other.

So for the time being, I don't think Cyan or GameTap cares either way which client you continue to use. This should only become relevant once they either discontinue the separate client, or once whatever else happens.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
"Beta Testers must now have GameTap account to play"
This is already true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks chucker and Rusty!

You both answered my questions!

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:39 pm 

chucker wrote:
painter1953 wrote:

Thanks!

The client available separately and the one available through GameTap are exactly the same, just stored on different places of your hard drive. They map to the same accounts on the server; you can log in with one, make changes, and have them reflected in the other.

So for the time being, I don't think Cyan or GameTap cares either way which client you continue to use. This should only become relevant once they either discontinue the separate client, or once whatever else happens.

Well, the account information is on the server, of course, though, I'm pretty sure there are two copies of the game data, right? I mean, I find I have to redownload Ages I've already been too using the other client... I guess it's not a huge concern, though... It's just that at the moment through GameTap you have to do all the downloads again....

~Joey Sazzabroon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:18 pm 

Joey Zoonishii wrote:
I'm pretty sure there are two copies of the game data, right? I mean, I find I have to redownload Ages I've already been too using the other client...

Yes, of course.

Quote:
It's just that at the moment through GameTap you have to do all the downloads again....

~Joey Sazzabroon

You could copy the dat and sfx folders over.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:59 pm 

chucker wrote:
Quote:
It's just that at the moment through GameTap you have to do all the downloads again....

~Joey Sazzabroon

You could copy the dat and sfx folders over.

Oh, okay... I just found the GameTap Myst Online data... I thought it might be encoded differently or something... It was just in one of the "volumes" folders...

~Joey Shonky

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]