It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:45 pm 

Hiya everyone
Just a word of caution here had an incident in the Gog hood today.
A few witnessed it and I know one person got the log chat mine still wont work. :(
The Avie started talking about Beta stuff and who was in and about the 2 new ages or Info
and they should know we are NOT supposed to talk about stuff not in the game now.
He just wouldn't listen so please for the sake of new explorers there
Be quiet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:21 pm 

He is talking about the Non-Disclosure Agreement we all agreed to as part of our contract to be closed beta testers. We cannot say anything to anyone outside of our own group, and since URU is open beta now, we have to be hush-hush in the game and just help the excited newcomers get around.

The NDA isn't some silly thing, or bossy rule. We gave our word to abide by it and partner with Cyan in the development of the game. It is a matter of ethics and honesty and trust. Wouldn't those three things be refreshing to have in an online game?

Thanks,
The Explorer Who Will Be Formerly Known As Tim After Live Launches

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Also remember that it's not enough only to know that the person you are addressing is in Closed Beta, you also have to know that all within "earshot" are authorized to hear information you are discussing openly...

I think that was the problem with this incident... The person discussing knew that the specific people they were addressing were in Beta, but there were other people in the 'hood that might not have been authorized to know/discuss that information, so the NDA was technically breached.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:22 pm 

So that means you can talk about Delin and Tsogal all you want if everyone on the age players list is known to be in the closed beta. If you want to check, click the Usergroups button under the banner. You will be able to see everyone in the Closed Beta.

So does this extend to GameTap testers? Can we tell them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:25 pm 

lego_addict wrote:
So does this extend to GameTap testers? Can we tell them?

No. Completely unrelated NDA.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:31 pm 

lego_addict wrote:
So that means you can talk about Delin and Tsogal all you want if everyone on the age players list is known to be in the closed beta. If you want to check, click the Usergroups button under the banner. You will be able to see everyone in the Closed Beta.
Although technically allowable, I would avoid this because of the many things that could go wrong. Someone might link in right as you were saying something sensitive, or your KI could malfunction and send your message to neighbors instead of ageplayers, or there could be people in the Age who can hear you whom you can't see or hear, or someone in the Age has a username similar to a closed beta tester on this board, etc.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

It's safer never to talk about closed beta in Ae'gura, unless in PM to someone you know to be in the beta participants list. To all intents and purposes life begins with the Cyan email on 28th November and Preview on 29th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:38 pm 

Oh yeah. Never in Ae'Gura, but in a hood or on Relto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

I wouldn't even do that, lego. It's too risky. Keep it to PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

lego_addict wrote:
So that means you can talk about Delin and Tsogal all you want if everyone on the age players list is known to be in the closed beta.

Talking about information under NDA in the game is not wise to do. Even if you think everyone in your area is under NDA.
You will take a risk. Please do not take that risk.
Uru Live is an open place, so everyone can get in.
Talking about information under NDA is only allowed in the Beta forums.
If someone notice a NDA break it must be reported to the admin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:28 pm 

This has also happened tpo me at one of Donahoo's expletive parties. When I PM'd him he told me to mind my own business that he was allowed to speak since it was open beta. I told him he was out of order and to read the statememt he agreeded to. He then left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:37 am 

Well I didn't have a stupid log chat as it wasn't working. :(
So not much help me reporting the incident.
I know Ll'ee Nerf Vid and ummm gee my memory is bad this morning
a a few other Beta people PLUS some Tappers.
I think one of them got the log.
This person's chat was also out of bounds in the Gog hood if you ask me
as Gog is supposed to be "E" rated.
You also don't go naming people in Beta specially when they are not there in the conversation for anyone to hear.
Many of us take the NDA seriously but some don't seam too :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:45 am 
Obduction Backer

It's best to talk about closed beta stuff only in a closed beta forum.
we can talk about two new ages because there are pictures of them. However, no names are given...
basically - take a look at this page:
http://www.gametap.com/home/myst/game_news_coming.html
and that is all you can publicly discuss.
When I'm asked about them, I state that they look really neat and I cannot wait to discover what they are and what they contain.
Those same two pictures are on this page:
http://www.gametap.com/home/myst/media_screenshots.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:32 am 

personally, i won't talk about closed beta things with anyone unless i'm on a private age (theirs or mine).

using pm's might not be a bad idea...that thing is still so buggy, tho, it's totally too easy for it to refresh off the person's name and go out as general chat. i'm just not going to chance it.

i'd still report the incidents...you do have the persons avi name and even if you don't have a chat log, i don't think that's really that big a deal...especially if there were others there that would confirm what was said (maybe just check with them beforehand to see if it's okay for you to mention them in your ticket).

Image ki #101936

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Well as a GameTap beta tester and a Cyan beta tester I can assure you that GameTap beta testers can discuss anything Uru Live related with Cyan beta testers :)

As to the other way around, we at GameTap have decided that we are a "need to know" group and have been actively discussing Cyan beta activities within the GameTap beta forums. (We have found that we cannot do our job for GT without disclosing this info within GT and Cyan has not objected.)

BTW: GT beta testers can tell anyone they test for GT, they just can't discuss GT matters, only Uru Live matters with Cyan beta testors.

I hope this helps clarify the NDA issue. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next