It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:02 am 

Texana wrote:
Well as a GameTap beta tester and a Cyan beta tester I can assure you that GameTap beta testers can discuss anything Uru Live related with Cyan beta testers :) [..]

But you can't discuss Cyan matters with GameTap testers, or anyone else, for that matter.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:41 am 

I am kind of surprised at how the NDA is not quite understood. A breach will not only promote false impressions of the game (and its participants) but it will also impact sales. And if it doesn't sell, we all lose.

Perhaps the beta testers in general just aren't used to contracts or abiding by "the fine print." We all just click "accept" to get what we want without a second thought.

Well, only Cyan can determine how serious this is and whether a friendly reminder email to everyone is required.

Also, URU Police will be needed throughout the life of this project. Already, tonight, in the cavern, just before greydragon showed up, we had someone belching and making ongoing terrible noises via the chat. Also, although I'm a fan of music, I do not like it when others leave their TAB button open and share their music with all of us. How will Cyan handle these issues? Or, will mob rule in the caverns? Guess that is a thread for another day. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Well as a GameTap beta tester and a Cyan beta tester I can assure you that GameTap beta testers can discuss anything Uru Live related with Cyan beta testers
You can't unless they're Cyan beta testers as well. Only then. The Cyan NDA doesn't give anyone an exemption.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:17 am 
Obduction Backer

chucker wrote:
Texana wrote:
Well as a GameTap beta tester and a Cyan beta tester I can assure you that GameTap beta testers can discuss anything Uru Live related with Cyan beta testers :) [..]

But you can't discuss Cyan matters with GameTap testers, or anyone else, for that matter.

Actually, you can discuss Cyan matters with GameTap testers, and anyone else in the world without violating the NDA. To be accurate, you are only restricted from discussing items and issues that are not in the Preview as we see it today plus you can't identify yourself as a pre-Preview Beta tester.

I haven't read the whole topic, so maybe this has already been addressed and maybe I'm missing something, because I'm sure chucker know these rules.

Dadguy

EDIT: To clarify and challenge Texana, the comment was "I can assure you that GameTap beta testers can discuss anything Uru Live related with Cyan beta testers ", and the key word is "anything" since pre-Preview is still off limits for URU Beta Testers to discuss outside of their Beta peers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:27 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, dadguy. Both chucker and I responded to the word anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:30 am 

dadguy wrote:
chucker wrote:
Texana wrote:

Actually, you can discuss Cyan matters with GameTap testers, and anyone else in the world without violating the NDA. To be accurate, you are only restricted from discussing items and issues that are not in the Preview as we see it today plus you can't identify yourself as a pre-Preview Beta tester.

I haven't read the whole topic, so maybe this has already been addressed and maybe I'm missing something, because I'm sure chucker know these rules.

My sincere apologies; "Cyan matters" was indeed a very vague term. I was referring, as you point out, specifically to anything covered by the NDA that is not also publicly accessible through the Preview, regardless of the GameTap beta testers' NDA.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, I figured that, chucker. Of course, whatever GameTap agreement exists with GameTap testers does not trump the agreements URU testers have signed. GameTap testers can talk to us and we can say "Hmmm, interesting" but can't divulge what we have agreed to hold private.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:34 am 

The NDA we signed and GD said we could only discuss things in this Beta forum nowhere else
that would not include GameTap forums as far as I know.

I don't know if Kam is in GT Beta buts still should NOT have been openly talking about things in a public hood
specially about Edder Tsogahl and Delin AND naming people that are in the BETA.
Will contact Nerf as I know she did get the log and report it.
Thanks everyone I don't want to cause trouble for anyone but I take my signing of the NDA very seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:07 am 
Obduction Backer

I was more bothered by the attitude of the person in question, rather than the actual information being released.

At this point, the safest thing you can do is restrict yourself to only talking about what is available in the cavern right now... some of us got to see those new ages and things, some of us didn't, and it's hard to keep track of exactly who is who. Be careful out there.

The breach of NDA never happened.

*lifts neuralizer*

Pha-sheeeeeeeeew!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:21 am 

if saying who is in beta to non beta people (2 were Tappers not in Beta) is not a breach of NDA
i'll let it rest then.
I know nothing was said what was IN teh ages but still shouldn't have been spoken about and who told him.
You are right about the attitude though. :(
Just be careful is all I'm asking now it's preview. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:37 am 
Obduction Backer

No, you're absolutely right.

Cyan Beta Testers
Preview Beta Testers
GameTap Beta Testers

Some of the first group (Cyan Beta Testers) got to see those new ages. The NDA dictates however, that they are not supposed to share ANY knowledge with the Preview or GameTap testers that is not currently available to those testers. This includes the fact that those ages were accessible to the Cyan testers, what was in them, or even that you ARE a Cyan tester.

Please don't share what you've seen before the current build. Please don't share what OTHER people have seen before the current build. Especially don't go sharing that other people shared things with you that weren't supposed to be shared.

Quote:
Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

OK, I get the principle but I don't see where it applies in reality. Pics of the new garden ages have been posted publically by Cyan so we can't spill that. Anyone who cares to play PotS or even UU can see all of the ages and far more of the city than we are able to now or in the NDA covered beta and there has been nothing new there anyway. So, other than that, what beans are we going to spill? That we are from an earlier group of beta testers? Ya, that ought cause sales to plummet alright.

Walking around with a ramrod up your back and your knickers all atwist will do far more damage. A simple reminder to the offender is all that is necessary, unless you get off on the whole "keep a chatlog and burn the perp" thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Arnium wrote:
OK, I get the principle but I don't see where it applies in reality. Pics of the new garden ages have been posted publically by Cyan so we can't spill that.

While I agree with the last part of your post, the above is not entirly true.

The Tsogal cloths for example are not visible in the screenshots so we can not mention those. And it would even be more damaging to say something like: "There were journey cloths in Tsogal but those darn things did not work!" as that would create negative publicity.

These are just examples, but I think you get the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Some of the first group (Cyan Beta Testers) got to see those new ages. The NDA dictates however, that they are not supposed to share ANY knowledge with the Preview or GameTap testers that is not currently available to those testers. This includes the fact that those ages were accessible to the Cyan testers, what was in them, or even that you ARE a Cyan tester

I think that prety much sums it up. When I said "anything," I should have said "anything that both GameTap beta testers and Cyan beta testers have mutual access to." Thus, it is safest to discuss certain things only in the appropriate forum.

In GameTap we have had to reveal our dual tester status at times to help Cyan and GameTap fix a few bugs. That is information that was needed and is not a violation of the NDA with Cyan. Discussion of Cyan beta information from the time BEFORE GameTap beta testers had access to Uru Live would be an NDA violation because there is "no need to know" those things at GameTap. And I believe that goes both ways. If I gain knowledge from GameTap beta testing of Uru Live that is not available to Cyan beta testers that information should remain at GameTap.

In addition, over at the Guild of Greeters we are able to now post about being in Preview and Open Beta, but not about Closed Beta. Preview and Open Beta are public knowledge, but Closed Beta is not and therefore still under the Cyan NDA.

The only way I can remember what to say and to whom is to assume that if I am not in a specific forum set aside for such discussions I should keep quiet about what I do or don't know. Unless of course, keeping quiet would be harmful to Cyan rather than being helpful as in the limited instances with GameTap I referred to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the clarification, Texana. We all seem to be on the same side on this. The NDA matters.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next