It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:45 pm 

Arn, what makes you think TK was talking about you?

Talk about high horses. I think you're riding it backwards. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tim wrote:
Arn, what makes you think TK was talking about you?

Talk about high horses. I think you're riding it backwards. :)

Umm, because I had posted just above tk's post. Which on this board doesn't mean a thing....Doh!

Is that why that branch just knocked me off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:08 pm 

LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tim wrote:
LOL.

You didn't quite change that in time. But, since I'm sure none was meant, no offence is taken. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:21 pm 

No, I misinterpreted what you said, so I deleted it. I'll put it back if you like....I thought it was rather wise advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

For Rusty :)

Squish to all high-riding horseketeers, including myself.

:)

nerfy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:50 pm 

Tim wrote:

The NDA isn't some silly thing, or bossy rule.

WHat he said. Its a legal document!

...I think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:07 pm 

Height doesn't matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:23 pm 

All this arguing, and burning others at the cross is causing me to think: wait, why am I doing this, why would I want to play this game. Am I going to always have somebody watching over me to see what I'm doing, logging chats with other players to make sure NDA doesn't get borken and then being turend into Cyan if there is any question. Come on folks, you all sound like a bunch of children telling on one another to thier parents. I understand the NDA, it's a serious legal document and we're not supposed to talk about things seen or divulge who we are. There are always people that will not follow what they signed. Somebody made a mistake, let it be Cyan's responsibility to deal with it if they catch people spreading negativity. For one I am not going to going around being the URU police, logging chats of other people if I think it is a possible breach of the NDA. I would find that petty and a waist of my time that takes away from the enjoyment of the game. If people get caught up in what other people say about the game instead of making their own decisions for themselves, that's their loss. This is just an online game to simulate a real life thing folks, not real life. If you don't like what I have to say fine. No skin off my nose. Like I said, I for one am not going to go around being the Uru police. I find it annoying that people are always nitpicking about these things, who's right, who's wrong. That's why I quit playing Uru a while ago with Until Uru. There was always some situation somebody didn't agree with and felt the need to blow things out of proportion and cause rifts between people. If new people that join see this happening I would think it would make them not want to play.

Last edited by J'ffrey on Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually, I think the discussion was very civil, mostly mature, sometimes clever, and we had actually come to a point of agreeing to disagree. Nobody was doing any of the things you suggest in your post,neither here in these forums, nor incavern during the incident itself.

Last edited by Nyrphame on Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:54 pm 

No I was trying to mearly make a comment on the whole chat log thing. I agree that this has been pretty civil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:01 pm 

Who is disagreeing? No one here is in disagreement about anything. Some are just more intent than others. If the rules chase anyone away from closed beta or URU Live, I say "bye bye."

Also, remember, the game isn't played in the forum. I'm not here for the forums. I'm working for Cyan making this the best game possible. Any other discussion I do will be about lore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:17 pm 

I understand, but being a beta tester, I dont want to have to play in fear that if I somthing I say my be taken the wrong way, somebody is going to be logging it to turn it into Cyan. I have already been in situations were people ask me if I am an early beta tester and I re-direct the conversation to not make it obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tim wrote:
No, I misinterpreted what you said, so I deleted it. I'll put it back if you like....I thought it was rather wise advice.

And it was, though I'm not sure a bunch of Cavern Rats like us want to go there. Gives a new meaning to over ones head, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:16 pm 

also, any of the testers can look at the ftp and see videos and screenies that toehr people have done.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next